IGNORED

Being AskedTo Not Block A Sidewalk Is Persecution-ComicCon

debrand

I'm offended that these guys live close enough to ComicCon and chose to annoy people, whereas I would love to go but live on the other side of the country!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

onthebox.us/2011/07/comic-con-trolley-preaching.html

They just posted a short video of their group annoying people on a trolley. From the passenger's faces, it appears that they turned more people off from god then brought them to salvation. Apparently, this was taken at Comic Con.

They have a victims complex. They enjoy feeling like everyone's out to get them. I could see that story about the man hugging him framed very differently by a street preacher without a victim complex.

I'm offended that these guys live close enough to ComicCon and chose to annoy people, whereas I would love to go but live on the other side of the country!

Exactly! I'm saving my pennies for Celebration VI next August (huge star wars convention for the non geeks in the house) and I'm now planning a gospel of star wars counter-trac to pass out to any corner preachers :lol:

2455203198_59778bc6bd.jpg

I'm probably as religious as the preachers, but unlike them, I know when to talk about religion (ie when someone shows interest in my faith) and when to shut up (ie any other time).

My favorite preaching group, however, is a local black hebrew movement who call white people the devil smack in the middle of downtown minneapolis (ie white people central) every friday. I think they may be related to this group - http://www.villagevoice.com/2011-03-30/news/black-hebrew-israelites-new-york-s-most-obnoxious-prophets/, although our preachers wear white "robes" that look like they were made from curtains.

Uh, that's the trolley, but I only see one person with a Comic-Con badge on. It's not very full either. I usually take the trolley and it is packed with people and they are wearing their badges. They must have taken another line that doesn't stop at the convention center or something.

And what is the obsession with Comic-Con? Shouldn't it be enough to just preach on the trolley in a busy downtown area? It's like they think it's some special keyword that will get them more attention.

Uh, that's the trolley, but I only see one person with a Comic-Con badge on. It's not very full either. I usually take the trolley and it is packed with people and they are wearing their badges. They must have taken another line that doesn't stop at the convention center or something.

And what is the obsession with Comic-Con? Shouldn't it be enough to just preach on the trolley in a busy downtown area? It's like they think it's some special keyword that will get them more attention.

It sounds as if they view Comic-Con as meeting for demons instead of just a bunch of nerds who want to dress up and have fun.(I'm a nerd myself)

Kirk Cameron was showing the persecution he has to put up with. He starts his Open Air testimony with:

"If you saw a human and a cat drowning in a swimming pool, which would you save first?"

The guy said “the cat of course†when Cameron asks why the guy says “what the hell would I do with a pet humanâ€.

Kirk Cameron was showing the persecution he has to put up with. He starts his Open Air testimony with:

"If you saw a human and a cat drowning in a swimming pool, which would you save first?"

The guy said “the cat of course†when Cameron asks why the guy says “what the hell would I do with a pet humanâ€.

Is that true? Because if it is, I love it.

Well, they posted it and then replied that that verse didn't apply to them because they weren't praying on the street corner to attract attention. And my reply to that is that the verses still clearly state not to go out in public and make a spectical of yourselves praying and if they really weren't trying to attract attention, they wouldn't have had someone snapping photos so they could blog about how they prayed on the sidewalk surrounded by heathens. All they did was draw attention to themselves both irl and online.

I'm totally loving the descriptions of persecution. They get...stared at. Looked at. Heckled...silently and without facial expressions or gestures. But totally heckled. And it freaks them out.

MY CAT IS HECKLING AND PERSECUTING ME AS WE SPEAK!

I'm totally loving the descriptions of persecution. They get...stared at. Looked at. Heckled...silently and without facial expressions or gestures. But totally heckled. And it freaks them out.

Sounds about right. Cats are, of course, convinced that they're better than people. Some days, I think they're right.

I see your cat and up you 2 persecuting cats and 1 persecuting pug and 2 snoring dogs.... wait make that one perscuting pug that is now barking at me!

I have two JRT that are persecuting me because I accidently bought the wrong brand of dog food and they are horrified. They stare me. They stare at the food bowls. They stare at me. Back to the food bowls. And now they are giving me sad dog eyes.

Exactly! I'm saving my pennies for Celebration VI next August (huge star wars convention for the non geeks in the house) and I'm now planning a gospel of star wars counter-trac to pass out to any corner preachers :lol:

May the Force be with you!

Well, they posted it and then replied that that verse didn't apply to them because they weren't praying on the street corner to attract attention. And my reply to that is that the verses still clearly state not to go out in public and make a spectical of yourselves praying and if they really weren't trying to attract attention, they wouldn't have had someone snapping photos so they could blog about how they prayed on the sidewalk surrounded by heathens. All they did was draw attention to themselves both irl and online.

I have to say I don't believe that one either... why would you pray on a street corner in a big group if not to attract attention?

I see your cat and up you 2 persecuting cats and 1 persecuting pug and 2 snoring dogs.... wait make that one perscuting pug that is now barking at me!

THE PERSECUTION IS ESCALATING!!! AND THE POLICE, THEY DO NOTHING!

A demonic hornet's nest??? ComicCon?? Really now. :roll:

Bah. Trembling in fear at the gamers and the cosplayers, are they? They need to get out there and street preach at, like, the big biker rallies like Daytona Beach. Or at the Gathering of the Juggalos. Or at an Eagles game, while wearing Steelers gear. Let's hear about some demonic action then. But no, they are just going to go and taunt the comic-book fanboys and -girls, and breathtakingly recount their brush with danger when they get stared at.

Or at an Eagles game, while wearing Steelers gear. Let's hear about some demonic action then.

Sounds like somebody lives near me (or, well, where I live in the States). Philly vs Pittsburgh fans for all sports can get intense, but Eagles/Steelers has to be the worst. I'd love to see the fundies reaction to that. I bet that wouldn't stop them from being scared of the eeeebil man staring at them. I want to go find these people and stare at them now. And maybe bring some cats with me for good measure, even though I couldn't be sure the cats would stare, since I would want them too.

If you listen closely, right after the guy gives the hug, he says "God bless you". Or at least it sounds a lot like that. He is actually very polite and nice and the only one who looks threatening is the one guy who wrote the post. He never smiles or even looks at the listener in the face. He just glares and looks over his head and then makes a sarcastic comment to him.

:roll:

1. This man had dark sunglasses on, you couldn't see his face.

2. Why is having "Psalms" worth pointing out?

3. He looks in no way tense.

4. The guy standing between him and the "box" looks way more threatening to me personally.

5. This clearly has nothing to do with the man's dark skin... We know how the fundies love "the blacks."

6. "a fleshy moment" sounds quite disgusting to me. yuck!!!

Personally the evil man looked pretty hot looking, so I wouldn't have minded the hug and kiss at all. :oops: but that could be the hormones talking. :shifty:

Personally the evil man looked pretty hot looking, so I wouldn't have minded the hug and kiss at all. :oops: but that could be the hormones talking. :shifty:

I should add that as my #7 :) Would not mind...

You are being very judgmental, Anne. And you are basing your judgments on several assumptions. Sadly, this is not uncommon.

Sweet! I live in Orlando and I am so going next year. My husband and his best friend went to Celebration V last year and once I saw the pictures and heard their stories I was kicking myself that I didn't tag along.

Philly vs Pittsburgh fans for all sports can get intense, but Eagles/Steelers has to be the worst.

Nah, Eagles/Cowboys gets way uglier. There's not enough money in existence on this earth to convince me to go near the stadiums in a Cowboys jersey on game day.

Archived