IGNORED

Satire? What the Heck? "greedy brown people"

debrand

traditionalchristianity.wordpress.com/2012/11/09/on-the-greedy-brown-people

Is this satire?

I have already opined on the problem of black intelligence, and today I’d like to discuss another modern scourge. Namely, brown greed. Not only are black people too stupid, brown people are too greedy, and that is what is wrong with the world today.

This much is clear.

Now, we know that brown people are too greedy because of the Obamaphone video, which provides conclusive and irrefutable evidence. If you have missed it before, please view here what we are dealing with:

Dreadful.

White people are not greedy because they do not have an Obamaphone. This is because white people are never poor enough to receive such welfare, and we all know that wealthy people are never greedy or corrupt. We know that because Jesus said that the wealthier have an easier time getting into Heaven (not a direct quote).

White people also all vote Republican. This is because white people are not greedy, unlike the greedy brown people who vote for Democrats.

So, let’s see… Democrats are people who want the government to tax the earned income of the productive class (married men of working age, most of whom are white) and spread that wealth around to the unproductive classes (everyone else). Republicans are people who want to tax the earned income of that same productive class and spread that wealth around to people who own public shares and similar financial investments (i.e. banksters and wealthier retirees) who tend to vote for Republicans.

Did you see what I did there? Neither did I.

It sure reads like satire to me, debrand. The word banksters sorta give it away, but then there's the rest of the blog post. It's got to be satire. "Wealthy people are never greedy or corrupt" "... the wealthier have an easier time getting into heaven."

Guest Anonymous

Oh, I wish I hadn't clicked through to this page: falserapesociety.blogspot.co.uk/ (under Secularist Blogs)

If this is satire, it's not funny (yes, I know not all satire is supposed to be funny), and it's not insightful. It sucks! It makes me want to stab myself in the arm.

This is a real blog and we have discussed it before.

That's sad. I had this pegged for satire; didn't give it a second thought.

Guest Anonymous
It sure reads like satire to me, debrand. The word banksters sorta give it away, but then there's the rest of the blog post. It's got to be satire. "Wealthy people are never greedy or corrupt" "... the wealthier have an easier time getting into heaven."

Doesn't the bible say something like: A camel has a better chance of getting into heaven than a wealthy person?

Guest Anonymous

Doesn't the bible say something like: A camel has a better chance of getting into heaven than a wealthy person?

No a camel can fit through the eye of a needle before a rich man can get into heaven.

I get so sick of hearing about "Obamaphones"! The Lifeline program was extended to include prepaid cell phones in 2005, during Dubya's presidency. The inability of these people to check their facts (which are readily available on the 'net!) makes me stabby.

Here is a link to the FCC page on this program: http://www.fcc.gov/lifeline

The link is unbroken, for obvious reasons.

A) Re: the phone - Yes, facts are hard.

B) Re: Camel & the needle thing - I've always wondered how this jives with the prosperity gospel taught by Joel Osteen, et al . It simply does not add up.

C) I used to lie to myself and say that those spewing crazy amounts of hate must actually *know* better, but now I'm starting to doubt

A) Re: the phone - Yes, facts are hard.

B) Re: Camel & the needle thing - I've always wondered how this jives with the prosperity gospel taught by Joel Osteen, et al . It simply does not add up.

C) I used to lie to myself and say that those spewing crazy amounts of hate must actually *know* better, but now I'm starting to doubt

As for B, yes, those are the words of Jesus in the Bible. I personally like those words as they also show the hypocrisy of these types of Christians. The Jesus they worship is basically saying that they are selfish pricks who have plenty, but don't help those less fortunate and don't deserve good reward in the afterlife. Every rant I hear from ppl whining about government help and helping ppl out and bashing those in poverty in the us, I always have the urge to quote their own Jesus back to them.

Guest Anonymous

I think the deal with prosperity and what Jesus said is not necessarily that a rich person can't get into heaven, but that someone who is selfish and greedy can't get in. I could win the lottery tomorrow. I would be rich, but how would I spend it? Would I take for myself what I could live off of and use the rest to feed, house, and clothe the poor? Or would I buy frivolous things I don't need and hoard the money for myself? A man in the bible asked Jesus what he needed to do, and when Jesus said "Sell everything and follow me" the guy was upset because he was too focused on material wealth. I think the thing is that yes, you can be prosperous. You can be wealthy. But it's a heart thing. Are you selfish and greedy or do you share your wealth? It's not about how much you have but what you do with it.

This is because white people are never poor enough to receive such welfare, and we all know that wealthy people are never greedy or corrupt. We know that because Jesus said that the wealthier have an easier time getting into Heaven (not a direct quote).

I'm surprised to learn this is a real blog.* I had it pegged as satire for the above:

1) use of words like "never" or "always" and "we ALL know" are too absolute for anyone but the really cray-crays to use unless they're being sarcastic. I read it as sarcasm. Of course anyone with eyes knows there are poor white people and that Enron-like corruption can exist anywhere. It's too ridiculous of a statement to be serious.

2) the Bible misquote. Usually those who address this saying of Jesus "explain" it away, not misquote it. They say stuff like "to whom much is given, much is required and therefore it is more difficult to enter heaven based on our own merits..." and "it's LOVE of money, not money itself, blah blah..." and crap like that. Therefore, it comes across to me as a deliberate misquote to disparage the wealthy.

but then, I'd have to poke around further into the blog. I just :pray: it's satire - or if it's serious, that no one takes it for anything other than craziness.

* I missed out on the previous discussion so it's new to me.

Archived