IGNORED

Men's view on modesty - Ugh

flojo

Filmed and Produced by The Women of Virtue Organization... this is something I do not understand. Many traditions and opinions harmful to women are perpetuated by women who have drunken the kool-aid. Not only in patriarchy, but also in other countries and in even more harmful ways (female genital mutilation for example).

URGH How sickening!

Seriously, I only made it a few minutes in. The fact that these guys were saying they judge women based on looks and treat them accordingly says a lot.

Also, that they can't concentrate with an immodest person around, really?

Fact is everyone has different idea's on modesty, heck even what the Duggars wear might be deemed IMmodest to SOME people who think that a woman should be covered from ankle to wrist to neck and headcovered too!!!

You don't put your ideals of modesty, (or ANYTHING on the way you 'think' people should act, dress, believe, etc ) onto others and expect them to 'live up' to what you believe... You'll be in for disappointment every time.

Not to mention you just downright, look like an ass!!!

I have pretty much had it with these self-righteous douchebags blaming women for their problems. You can't concentrate because a woman is wearing a tank top? NOT HER PROBLEM. It is yours. Deal with it, seek help because you clearly fucking need it.

I couldn't get through the video but I left a comment:

It is not a woman or girl's responsibility to dress modestly so as not to excite teh menz! Are you "men" so weak of character (or so lazy in your own morals) that you can't control your own thoughts and actions? Grow up already. Real men take responsibility for their own actions and choices - they don't expect or need to impose their standards and morals on others, nor do they expect women to coddle and cater to them.

I couldn't get through the video but I left a comment:

It is not a woman or girl's responsibility to dress modestly so as not to excite teh menz! Are you "men" so weak of character (or so lazy in your own morals) that you can't control your own thoughts and actions? Grow up already. Real men take responsibility for their own actions and choices - they don't expect or need to impose their standards and morals on others, nor do they expect women to coddle and cater to them.

Right... off to youtube now to like this comment XD

I stopped watching when the video popped up the question about "stereo-typing". This video was created by the Women of Virtue organization. I guess proper grammar/spelling is not one of their virtues.

Guest Anonymous

It's NOT a woman's responsibility to keep a guy's nether regions from tumescing at the sight of shorts or a tank top. It's the man's job to keep his johnson behind his zipper.

Are these guys Mormon? They kind of sounded like it when they talked a

bout tithes and undergarments and being in location with few "members"

I stopped watching when he said "hoochie." I'm surprised that term is even used anymore, it's very juvenile not to mention slut-shaming. I love when people go about saying that people shouldn't be judged, yet they are quoted about how they judge people on how modestly dressed they are.

I only made it a few minutes in before thinking "Dudes, if you can't control yourself over a woman wearing a sleeveless shirt or tight pants you are the ones with the issues."

I only made it a few minutes in before thinking "Dudes, if you can't control yourself over a woman wearing a sleeveless shirt or tight pants you are the ones with the issues."

Yeah. Fuck them, sideways. I couldn't endure more than a couple of minutes of this $#!+. The tittery-gushy girlie-interviewing made it even worse.

What I wear doesn't make me less of a person. If you can't look me in the eyes if my shirt is "too low cut" or if the sight of my knees drives you to distraction, then you have a problem. Not me. You never hear women claiming that men in tight jeans are too immodest and women can't be expected to function around such immodesty. I'm actually have a high sex drive and am very visual, but I manage not to eye hump every man I see. I take responsibility for myself. Is that such a crazy idea?

Why the hell would I want to attract the likes of this guy, anyway? Averse to claiming responsibility for his own reactions and feelings, not to mention a pompous fuckwit. A vile combination.

What do these guys think happens on nude beaches...because if every guy were like them such beaches would be the site of continual sexual assault/rape

This argument should be used by every lawyer in every case of harassment or rape ever.

"You say the victim brought this onto him-/herself due to the way he/she dressed? Well, what do you think swimming pools are, a free rape zone?"

The Women of Virtue Organization? Looked them up and they have a particularly vile blog:

wovorganization.blogspot.co.uk/p/about-wov.html

Here's a little excerpt from their about page

The Women of Virtue Organization (WOV) is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that allows women and men who support WOV women from all around the world to actively take a stance against immoral behavior, whether in their national/civil governments, communities, schools or even in their own homes. It encompasses women of all faiths and women whose purpose is to fight for a more virtuous way of living.

It is WOV’s objective to lift up their voice by raising awareness of political issues that are being enacted and forced upon us and fight back. WOV will use the same means that filth is being distributed to us, such as blogging, websites, Facebook, Twitter, youtube, newspaper articles, videos, commercials and every other means of media to get our message across. WOV will counteract special interest groups and hold meetings to encourage and uplift WOV women. We will write en mass to political leaders, church leaders and other organizations to allow the world to publicly hear our voice that we will not stand for corruption any longer. WOV will fight against feminist organizations whose sole purpose is to destroy virtuous living. WOV will also be highlighting regular but extraordinary women throughout the globe by sharing biographies and interviews, helping women gain admiration for real women and striving to frustrate the media’s push to worship adulterous women.

What do these guys think happens on nude beaches...because if every guy were like them such beaches would be the site of continual sexual assault/rape

Or ANY beaches?

Recently, our local NPR affiliate did a piece on a local nudist resort. The woman who visited it and interviewed the folks there tried the "lifestyle," and found herself feeling safer than she had in other places.

I watched the whole thing. Yes, I am new around here, but I still want a cookie for sitting through it all.

The entire narrative of women being judged by their clothing is insulting. That issue was addressed in so many different ways, I thought my head might explode. If you are judging people by their clothes, you are a jackwagon. That said, anyone else perk up when the one kid mentioned that one should think of what female clothing would look like on his/her FATHER in order to judge its exact modest-ness?

Honestly, I don't think these two repressed "men" would be filled with uncontrollable lust if they saw an "unmodest" (appropriately, that word is not the FJ dictionary) woman. It sounds like they just might feel some sexual attraction, which we all know is bad, evil, wrong. Sinner, sinner, sinner!

(and, shhhhh, some of the women might feel some stirrings too. :whistle:)

edited for grammar

I watched the whole thing. Yes, I am new around here, but I still want a cookie for sitting through it all.

The entire narrative of women being judged by their clothing is insulting. That issue was addressed in so many different ways, I thought my head might explode. If you are judging people by their clothes, you are a jackwagon. That said, anyone else perk up when the one kid mentioned that one should think of what female clothing would look like on his/her FATHER in order to judge its exact modest-ness?

Honestly, I don't think these two repressed "men" would be filled with uncontrollable lust if they saw an "unmodest" (appropriately, that word is not the FJ dictionary) woman. It sounds like they just might feel some sexual attraction, which we all know is bad, evil, wrong. Sinner, sinner, sinner!

(and, shhhhh, some of the women might feel some stirrings too. :whistle:)

edited for grammar

I'll share a cookie with you!

I was once accused of defrauding a women's sons at walmart. The women was full on findi including the cheep lace doily head covering. I was wearing a long sleeved shirt, jeans and a polar fleece vest. I do not consider what I was wearing to be inmost. There was no cleavage or low necklines.

Anyway, I simply told her that she needed to teach her son to be accountable for this thoughts and actions. I walked away before she could lecture me.

This women may have simply objected to the fact that I have large breasts and make no effort to hide them by wearing baggy clothes.

Archived