IGNORED

New Blog: Anna & Mary to take over Ma's (Teri's) chores

Justme

so she can WRITE!

The girls are going to grocery shop. Don't they know grocery stores play soft rock and other shoppers wear short & tank tops!!

Poor girls, taking on all these additional chores. How about Mary's school? Is anybody teaching this child? I doubt very much schooling is done when Uriah is on the road....

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She does worksheets from textbooks a few hours a day, by schedule, and that is sufficient by them. Seriously - the amount of stuff they do, I'm not too surprised they can fit it in on the road (and of course the two daily Bible times - by far the most important subject - are there every day). It's not any magic of scheduling that gets it done, the amount is just not that large to start with. Their big final graduation project is also a Bible study.

Ugh. I hate worksheets. Two hours a day is more than enough. Not enough for a well-rounded education, just... enough.

Ugh. I hate worksheets. Two hours a day is more than enough. Not enough for a well-rounded education, just... enough.
The fact that you care about a well-rounded education already sets you on a different plane. I'll bet your kids actually read some well-regarded literature, for mere starters! Takes time.

I just want to say, I hate the word "tidy" used as a verb.

Oh my, the girls going shopping at Walmart with Steve should be fun. Pictures of them lifting fruit and vegs. while smiling for the next few weeks.YAY.

Terri is THAT busy writing she can't take an hour or 2 once a week to shop? What the hell? I guess her book is soooooooooooooooooooooo groundbreaking and important she must get it all out while God is lighting this fire under her.

Maybe the girls need to learn to grocery shop because someone they are bored with all the damn cleaning(cleaning the clean house at that!) and Ma and Pa figured they better find a way to keep them busy.

edited to add: What is the difference between their "new chores" of cleaning and tidying the house? They both already do that and its THE SAME THING,so how are those 2 seperate things or new?

and p.s. I wrote a book in a month. It is a rough draft,but I did it and I didnlt spend more than a few hours a day on it MAX.

Umm, doesn't that qualify as working? I thought Mrs. "Keeper at home" would be you know, KEEPING THE HOME. :roll:

Face it Terri. You're a working woman now. Might as well break out the Pepsi too... :lol:

What a bunch of hypocrites.

Their poor kids :(

I don't understand their cleaning habits. At this point it has to be busywork, done just to keep from going stir-crazy.

Not really surprised regarding the new book project. The Maxwells have found their cash cow and they are milking it for all that's worth! I remember when Steve had a "real" job running his little family consulting firm. The family start doing speaking rounds and I guess they realized they were able to make a tidy profit with their products afterwards. They must realize at this point that in order to keep the nice profit margin, they will need to continually roll out new products. I figure, from here on out, we'll be hearing about new projects, books, software on a regular basis as the family expands their enterprise.

I don't begrudge their hard work and entrepreneurship. It's just that their message sucks. Haha. The family obviously works well together as a team. It does seem an odd bunch where no one has any outside interest and where anything resembling fun is avoided like the plague. I guess that's what makes them a good group of workers. All work and no play makes for the ideal Maxwell.

Link (broken, of course) pleez?

titus2.com/blog/

Link not broken because they know we're here (and if they don't, they deserve to). Besides, I doubt the Maxwell's will ever flounce. They'll just chalk it up to persecution/the work of Satan.

Didn't Ma Max admit that half of the chores the kids do regularly are pretty useless (or really, really low priority-stuff like cleaning the ceiling fans)?

If that's true, they're just swapping their usual drudge for something ever so slightly more interesting. At least they'll be able to see something other than the 4 walls once in a while. A trip to the post office must be a major event for these poor women :(.

ETA: Is it just me or does Mary's mono-brow look ever so slightly tamed in today's pic? Still some serious brow action, just that there appears to be two of them now.

I don't understand their cleaning habits. At this point it has to be busywork, done just to keep from going stir-crazy.

I was thinking a minute ago, when those kids are all grown, all Steve and Terri will have is a kazillion photo albums filled to the brim w/ photos of their children cleaning the house.

I am a neat freak, but I can't fathom spending that much time cleaning, much less documenting it in pictures. :?

How does their house get dirty enough to need so much cleaning in the first place? I spend about an hour in the morning doing heavy cleaning and then my kids and I all do a massive pick-up in the evening, like 45 minutes max. But that is with 5 kids home all day, many of them small and super messy. I don't understand why so much cleaning is necessary.

I keep a clean house, too, and I have been accused of being OCD about it.

I've posted before about how incredibly depressing and oppressive I find the Maxwell's lifestyle (despite poor Sarah's seemingly chipper proclamations that she loves how she's been raised... a sentiment I don't believe for a single second) and how I worry about how incredibly cloistered and secluded they are. I read their blog with increasing concern and sadness. I've actually started praying for all of them.

I like to do a little exercise with the blogs that I read: I try to boil down each post into a short simple sentence that captures the central thrust of the post and then read those sentences in a row. It really helps (I think) to capture the essence of the blog and tease out truths that you might otherwise overlook amongst the pretty pictures and entertaining stories.

Here's how the Maxwell's blog would read if all of their July posts (thus far) were all a single sentence:

Anna and Mary are doing more chores.

We are working hard.

Everyone is working.

We are working on ChorePacks.

I am working on my new book.

We made burritos.

We watched fireworks.

Freedom is not free.

We don't like spam.

Other than the fireworks post (which, as everyone has noted here, was a huge abberation), it's just so BLEAK. They really are like modern day Puritans... no fun, no joy, no real spontaneity. It's just so depressing and sad to read about. My heart aches for their kids.

This is not the first time. Mary and Anna (and maybe Sarah?) had to take over Teri's chores before. It was talked about in one of those "fruitful season" corners. She was talking about how nice it was that the girls could take over the household chores when she needed them to. :evil:

I should also note, that, most months, they one-sentence summary reads something like:

Our bus is having problems.

Our bus is no longer having problems.

Our bus is having new problems.

Our bus is no longer having new problems.

We set-up for our seminars.

We did exercises.

(It could be some kind of weird abstract poetry, right?)

That part might actually be fun. My mom used to send me to the grocery store occasionally to do the weekly shopping and I loved it. I still love grocery shopping when I have the funds to do it.

Right, and they get to listen to piped in non-fundie music, see the covers of magazines and if lucky some cute boys in tight non fundie approved shorts.

I should also note, that, most months, they one-sentence summary reads something like:

We did exercises.

:laughing-rollingyellow:

Cracking up here. Someone should perform Titus2 Poetry at a local poetry slam.

We did exercises.

One of these days, when they write another blog post about Uriah, my snarky self wants to write a comment asking Steve if they believe that Uriah has become an idol pointing out all the time and money they spend on him. Could this time an money not be better spent focusing on the Lord Jesus. In fact they talk about him as he is almost human.

Archived