IGNORED

Terrorist Bombing in Norway - Right Wing Fundie MERGED

Alecto

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/22/bl ... ?hpt=hp_t2

Apparently a bomb (or 2) of some sort has gone off in downtown Oslo, near the Prime Minister's office. So far, no one has claimed responsibility, and speculation is it's either Islamic terrorism, or domestic anarchists.

So, updates:

Bomber is named as Anders Behring Breivik, a 32 year old farmer.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article ... #cc9174035

Anders Behring Breivik has previously driven the blog Fjordman and later for many years been a writer for the anti-Muslim and Zionist bloggers Gates of Vienna and Jihad Watch, under the pseudonym Fjordman.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky news is reporting that a gunman has attacked Utoya Island, which is a small island used as a camping/resort/summer camp area, and at least 4 teenagers have been shot and that other teenagers/kids have jumped into the sea to swim away. Please let's keep the people of Norway in our thoughts and prayers!

I saw this on MSNBC not long ago. It's frightening to think about. I hope it was just a local organization and not another attack. I hope people are alright. They said so far 2 people are confirmed dead.

Just saw on the news that Utoya Island is hosting a youth camp for future politcal leaders. God, how sad! How can people do things like this??? Why attack a youth camp??

A Jihadist group is claiming responsibility per the BBC in retaliation for the Muhammad cartoon from years ago.

A Jihadist group is claiming responsibility per the BBC in retaliation for the Muhammad cartoon from years ago.

Seriously?! C'mon. I'm switching over to BBC now. According to MSNBC, a few minutes ago, it was said that this youth camp was a meeting place for the Labour Party in Norway and people who support it. The P.M. was scheduled to go there and meet with people. I wondered if the bombers were right-wingers or some internal group who disagreed with their politics. Maybe, maybe not.

BBC ticker is useful for updates:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14254705

Anarchists get blamed for a lot of shit, but Norway is quiet on that front anyway. Jihadists quite often take responsibility for stuff they didn't actually do but I would be amazed if this is anything to do with the left.

It's tragic...the scale of what happened at the youth camp is sounding worse and worse by the minute.

For anyone who reads LGF, this is a repeat, but this is believed to be his writings online -

http://chromatism.net/fjordman/fjordmanfiles.htm

He also had a blog that closed in 2005.

I don't think those are his writings. When you go to the Gates of Vienna site, they have quoted 'Fjordman' for updates on the situation, he would hardly be updating them from a police cell.

I don't think those are his writings. When you go to the Gates of Vienna site, they have quoted 'Fjordman' for updates on the situation, he would hardly be updating them from a police cell.

Interesting, and good to know.

Edited to add: Just checked and the Gates of Vienna site and it looks like there might be two sites? Either way there are links to his writing that is very right wing.

Guest Anonymous

I just read that the Associated Press is now reporting 80 dead from the camp. I really hope this is not true.

A friend in Norway told me earlier today that the police and government in Norway does not release large numbers until they are absolutely without a doubt sure they are that large...

Interesting, and good to know.

Edited to add: Just checked and the Gates of Vienna site and it looks like there might be two sites? Either way there are links to his writing that is very right wing.

Pretty sure he isn't Fjordman, but news are reporting he is right wing, against multiculturalism. Also a farm manager/owner.

If he is a right wing extremist, he must be insane too (aside froim being insane because he killed people) because it hardly makes his political cause look good if he kills over 80 ethnic Norwegian teenagers, even if they are youth liberal supporters. Shouldn't he be targeting immigrants? This will set back the anti-multiculturalism cause for years.

Guest Anonymous

They seemed pretty legit, because they were both set up on July 17. My friend in Norway originally sent them to me and she said it seemed that he only set them up because he knew people would search his name on those sites in the aftermath. Also, when she sent them to me, his name had not been released yet, but had gone viral through twitter and other websites. The info on the facebook was fully filled out and he had "liked" several pages and filled out the favorite movies etc. All that was posted on it though were maybe 15 trance music videos posted at like 2 minute intervals. His only tweet was "One person with a belief is equal to the force of 100 000 who have only interests." and was on July 17.

Here was his fb profile pic:

276366_100002651290254_7355937_n.jpg

There were about 5 more pics on his fb.

Here are some screencaps from the profile:

http://punditpress.blogspot.com/2011/07/anders-behring-breivik-facebook-profile.html

His religious views were listed as Christian and his political views as Conservative.

If he wasn't evil (and somewhat menacing looking in the photo too), he is good looking.

He kind of looks like Prince William.

Shouldn't he be targeting immigrants? This will set back the anti-multiculturalism cause for years.

Not really. I mean look at Islamic terrorists. They have far and away killed more Muslums than white westerners.

Xenophobia is becoming a huge problem in Europe. A anti-Mulslim party in I believe Demark gained a lot of gov't seats recently. I believe the problem is also growing in Sweden. Though this shouldn't be a surprise since traditonal racism is still a huge problem in Europe. HBO's Real Sports did a report on racism and Soccer last year during the Men's World Cup about how racists have shops near Football stadiums where they sell their propoganda. A soccer team in Italy twice had to play games to an empty stadium because of racist fans getting out of control with their verbal attacks againt minority players.

I agree. There's been a huge backlash against multiculturalism in Europe. In Italy there has been a movement to the right and they've really cracked down on gypsies and other types of travelers. They've made them have finger printing and ID and closed down if not bulldozed the camps. Regardless of what you might think or feel about the lifestyles and practices of certain groups and communities, these kind of extreme measures aren't appropriate or a help. At least in my opinion. I think the right wingers have really gained traction because of people's fears.

Let's leave poor William out of this :P. He looks so much better than that asshole.

:( I read somewhere that he could get 21 years in term of imprisonment. Wtf is that? In this case I think we should adopt something from U.S. I vote for capital punishment for this monster! I don't want him out in the society again. Then I will move as far away from here as possible.

I was so shocked and saddened when I looked at the BBC news website earlier and saw that the death toll is now 84. I've been reading up about it and it all sounds so horrific. :(

well well, my roomate's first impressions when I gave her the news was: Oh yeah those islamists are against any free society in the world. I told her to be cautious, because terrorists have existed way before Al-Qaeda, and they all have their crazy - or not so crazy - reasons to kill people indiscriminately.

The news on lemonde.fr say 90 dead. This is awful.

xDreamerx -> in economic trouble, racist movements are always gaining more importance.

well well, my roomate's first impressions when I gave her the news was: Oh yeah those islamists are against any free society in the world. I told her to be cautious, because terrorists have existed way before Al-Qaeda, and they all have their crazy - or not so crazy - reasons to kill people indiscriminately.

The news on lemonde.fr say 90 dead. This is awful.

xDreamerx -> in economic trouble, racist movements are always gaining more importance.

I don't know if you are old enough to remember the Oklahoma City bombing but people were saying the same thing back then.

Archived