IGNORED

Crown College Plays Dress Up

Sprocket

My SiL went to Crown College for a year before she ran off and eloped with my BiL, so I'm vaguely familiar with their customs. She is the daughter of a preacher and they are heavily into the IFB culture. I saw the Crown College thread on fb, and started looking at the pictures. There are some very snarkworthy photos on their public page, but as interesting as these outfits are, I will give them kudos for trying to be different in a culture where different is bad.

ek0rhh.jpg

These people are not wearing wedding rings... I wonder how much trouble they got in for having the girl sit in the guy's lap. Also, I can't believe the powers that be posted it to the official fb page.

abgl4y.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't help it. I used to pose my Barbie's arm exactly the same way.

35n8q6w.jpg

Not my style, but good for her for not going as Mother of the Bride as most of her peers did.

33jr1px.jpg

Another couple trying to stand out... moreso the guy with the pinstripes.

jpbqrc.jpg

Poor girl. I think she was trying to go for different with her hair and it was a disaster. Maybe she didn't have time to fix it before her date arrived to pick her up.

afbl0k.jpg

Now this is what happens when you take a lovely ensemble and slap a tacky hot pink bow on your head.

Here's the link. Not breaking because it's facebook. http://www.facebook.com/thecrowncollege ... tos_albums

I'm sure there are kids there, like at my place, that go there because "If [Mom and Dad] are paying that's where you're going" putting this on FB gives "fence sitters" who fear its too conservative the idea that it's not. Result? Enrollment and $

Also most Baptists allow SOME type of dating/courting etc---very few are as extreme as the Kellers and Duggars and Bates

Browsing through more pics (cause the kids are napping) there are some stunningly beautiful girls who go to CC. Maybe they were sent there to catch a man who wants to become a preacher. If I was forced to go there, I would be putting myself in the closest proximity to their male soccer team. There are actually pretty hot (by fundie standards).

I'm sure there are kids there, like at my place, that go there because "If [Mom and Dad] are paying that's where you're going" putting this on FB gives "fence sitters" who fear its too conservative the idea that it's not. Result? Enrollment and $

Also most Baptists allow SOME type of dating/courting etc---very few are as extreme as the Kellers and Duggars and Bates

I don't know. They would have to be fairly strict if the Bateses allowed two of their children to go there.

I remember reading that the children of preachers get a discount on their tuition... just a tidbit.

Aaaaand there goes a kiddo waking up.

Can I snark on the photographer? Because wow. Did he not care that people were making unfortunate faces or not paying attention or closing their eyes? He must have literally taken one photograph of each couple and called it "good enough". I don't even care what kind of camera you're using you take 2-4 pictures because you just don't know what is going to happen once the pictures are uploaded/developed.

That one poor girl with the black gloves has something on her photo that's obstructing her face. Did he really think that was the BEST shot he got of her? The other girl with the unfortunate hair obviously wasn't ready and he just snapped a pic anyway.

Half the men folk look like they're contemplating taking a poop.

I'm not snarking on the photographed I'm snarking on the shit-head who was "takin' pictures".

They would have to be fairly strict if the Bateses allowed two of their children to go there.

Of course! But photos like this help recruit. Everyone IS covered. The suits are stupid but some of these kids will have gone to Christian Schools or homeschool and not been allowed to do that before.

Plus lots of the boys are there to become pastors. Most churches won't "call" a single guy--has to be married. They have to let them do a tiny bit of socializing. In the show Erin's class did not have girls and guys seated apart either.

I imagine it's Conservative enough for Erin (with a chaperone although they are showing us they "let" her go without one. You know that was likely the only time) and with her living at home. I'm glad she at least gets to go SOMEWHERE and not just take CLEP tests.

Of course! But photos like this help recruit. Everyone IS covered. The suits are stupid but some of these kids will have gone to Christian Schools or homeschool and not been allowed to do that before.

Plus lots of the boys are there to become pastors. Most churches won't "call" a single guy--has to be married. They have to let them do a tiny bit of socializing. In the show Erin's class did not have girls and guys seated apart either.

I imagine it's Conservative enough for Erin (with a chaperone although they are showing us they "let" her go without one. You know that was likely the only time) and with her living at home. I'm glad she at least gets to go SOMEWHERE and not just take CLEP tests.

I'm not convinced Erin was alone in that shot where she's driving...somewhere. You couldn't see the passenger side. Even if she was alone in the front, production could have asked Tori to lie down in the backseat while they got their establishing shot.

Can I snark on the photographer? Because wow. Did he not care that people were making unfortunate faces or not paying attention or closing their eyes? He must have literally taken one photograph of each couple and called it "good enough". I don't even care what kind of camera you're using you take 2-4 pictures because you just don't know what is going to happen once the pictures are uploaded/developed.

That one poor girl with the black gloves has something on her photo that's obstructing her face. Did he really think that was the BEST shot he got of her? The other girl with the unfortunate hair obviously wasn't ready and he just snapped a pic anyway.

I'm not snarking on the photographed I'm snarking on the shit-head who was "takin' pictures".

Taking care with those pictures would have cost too much money and incited wide spread vanity and defrauding on campus.

I'm not convinced Erin was alone in that shot where she's driving...somewhere. You couldn't see the passenger side. Even if she was alone in the front, production could have asked Tori to lie down in the backseat while they got their establishing shot.

Ditto Lawson shopping. Something tells me the other kid was asked to step away. They were adamant that "as a rule there's always two" in an older "19 Kids" show when we saw Michael/Michaella/Michael/Michal and her brother at the fire scene.

I couldn't help noticing in one of the latest episodes of UBoA that there were WAY more men than women in Erin's class. If she's there to husband-hunt, she's doing a good job!

The girl wearing the black gloves: is embroidered netting part of her fascinator, and that's what's obscuring her face?

Archived