IGNORED

Gang Rape Defendant Flees During Trial

happy atheist

http://jezebel.com/5939219/suspect-disa ... -rape-case

During a trial in Texas for the gang-rape of an 11 year old girl, the defendant went missing. Apparently after listening to the victim's testimony he just sort of disappeared. They're looking for him. The trial will continue.

This poor child. I can't imagine what she's been through. I can't believe that she has to testify about it and face these monsters in court. And I can't imagine knowing that this guy is on the loose after what he did. Apparently there's video. Ugh.

I was going to post on this. But more because some people tried to use the "well she wore makeup" and crap to say she had brought some of it on herself. but people defended her and against that crap. it is good people can stand together and fight the rape blame game. some also tried to bring in the race card since all the males were black but she is a Latino so that did not work out either.

Fucking coward. He was facing a life sentence before, and now he's more likely to actually serve life now that he's run off.

There was one guy mentioned in the comments who assaulted the girl and then testified against his buddies in court, and teared up. Good, at least one of them has some remorse...

I was going to post on this. But more because some people tried to use the "well she wore makeup" and crap to say she had brought some of it on herself. but people defended her and against that crap. it is good people can stand together and fight the rape blame game. some also tried to bring in the race card since all the males were black but she is a Latino so that did not work out either.

She's Latino? That must be why she is being forced to testify in court. If she was a white girl, I bet they would have her testify on tape.

It is all kinds of fucked up that they made a little girl sit on the stand and face down the men who brutally attacked her. All kinds of fucked up.

I don't give a shit how much make up she wore, how 'well developed' she was, they raped her, repeatedly, and anally. And they filmed it.

Fuck them. They deserve what they've got coming to them.

I hope if they are thrown in prison, they are put in general population that has a lot of big men who frown upon child rapists and who will give them a little taste of their own medicine.

The news coverage of this was fucking ridiculous. The entire town was concerned about what would happen to the poor rapists, and even the NYT seemed to blame the poor little girl.

http://jezebel.com/5780022/media-blows- ... e-coverage

It's Texas. This is the state where a school sued a cheerleader for not cheering on her rapist.

http://msmagazine.com/blog/blog/2011/09 ... rape-case/

Guest Anonymous
I hope if they are thrown in prison, they are put in general population that has a lot of big men who frown upon child rapists and who will give them a little taste of their own medicine.

Wishing rape on people = not okay under any circumstances. These guys are scum and they should be punished to the fullest extent of the law, which thankfully does not include rape.

And yes, the victim blaming that some people have done in regards to this story is absolutely sickening. I hope that poor girl is able to access therapy and everything else that she needs in order to heal.

I have no sympathy for animals who commit crimes like this. None. Nada. Zilch. Not one iota. People who would do this to ANYone, let alone an 11-year-old CHILD, don't deserve sympathy from me or anyone else. Their idiot supporters are so quick to judge this poor girl and point fingers at her parents' lack of responsibility and guidance so I want to know what stellar parenting led the perpetrators--"good" boys all, or course--to commit the rape and torture of this child. Why not criticize THOSE parents? I simply cannot comprehend mindset that allows one to blame the victim and chalk the crime up to "boys being boys." (I remember this same argument was used several years ago when a group of boys broke into an animal shelter and systematically beat dozens of rescued cats to death. The townspeople jumped to their defense because, gosh darn it, that's what boys do. Really? REALLY?)

So we should all pray for these rapists? Sure. I'll pray that ONE DAY maybe they'll find out how their victim feels.

This bullshit makes me see red.

Everyone wanted to know where her parents were while she was missing. Um, probably at work? Texas has cut every possible social service so they were probably out working to pay rent and food and stupid shit like that while their daughter was left to care for herself after school. Which is generally reasonable, to assume an 11 year old can walk home and do her homework until mom and dad get home.

My ten year old walks home and shit like this makes me want to drive to her school and pick her up even though it is only a block.

That poor, poor girl. I hope she has a good therapist and a lot of support from her family and friends.

Victim blaming always makes me sick. Even if a 25-year-old woman who's into group sex got raped, it would be wrong. Forced sex is never okay. Playing this game with an 11-year-old girl? I wonder how these people can look at themselves in the mirror.

Wishing rape on people = not okay under any circumstances. These guys are scum and they should be punished to the fullest extent of the law, which thankfully does not include rape.

And yes, the victim blaming that some people have done in regards to this story is absolutely sickening. I hope that poor girl is able to access therapy and everything else that she needs in order to heal.

Thank you Lissar, I knew if someone didn't address that then the HoseBeast would pop up and whine.

Thank you Lissar, I knew if someone didn't address that then the HoseBeast would pop up and whine.

:clap: Fuck yes, she would. I am surprised she is not already here. I think she has added a Google alert for her nickname!

:clap: Fuck yes, she would. I am surprised she is not already here. I think she has added a Google alert for her nickname!

Shh! She's like Bloody Mary. If you say her name 3 times in front a computer screen in a dark room, she will appear! :o

LMAO at the thought of someone having a Google alert for "HoseBeast."

That poor, poor girl. I hope she has a good therapist and a lot of support from her family and friends.

Victim blaming always makes me sick. Even if a 25-year-old woman who's into group sex got raped, it would be wrong. Forced sex is never okay. Playing this game with an 11-year-old girl? I wonder how these people can look at themselves in the mirror.

This. The victim in that case was simply walking home from school, as millions of children do each school day. She's also like many children who go home, lock their doors, and do homework until their parents come home from work. If that girl's parents didn't work, some of the people would be bitching about them being welfare parasites.

The bond in the case was set at 35,000. That's a joke for a sexual assault case where the defendant's facing life. Shame on the judge for not thinking this was a serious enough offense to keep the defendant in jail.

The rape apology in this case is sickening. Shakesville (Shakesville's Sister) website has had excellent coverage of this case and has deconstructed the media coverage of it.

There are racial politics involved in this case. Black defendants in a heavily black community, latina survivor. The community has made it about race, in a situation in which race is not the issue and never has been.

Archived