IGNORED

Movie review with Miss Raquel

formergothardite

I hadn't heard of the movie she was "reviewing" and had no idea what the plot was about. After the review, I still don't know anything about the movie. :lol:

She is reviewing the movie Premium Rush.

About Joseph Gordon-Levitt:

JGL lived up to his legitimate-ness, as always. He played his character well. Superb acting

Dania Ramirez:

Vanessa's a bit of a feminist. She rides, rides hard, gets the job done, and is just as good as any of the men.

JGL and she played well together. I don't think they looked good together, though. They could've picked a different actress. But, I mean ::shrugs:: she did good as Vanessa. What does this even mean?

She's tough (but yes, a little feminist). We got that point already. She is an ebil feminist.

Michael Shannon:

Oh and not to mention he's really a 'good guy' to most people, but the true story is that he's bad. Sorry if that doesn't make sense, but you'll see what I mean. Oh Miss Raquel! If your movie reviews started making sense I would be disappointed.

Jamie Chung:

I thought she did very well as her character which I (sorry!) can't tell you much about. Yes, god forbid you say anything about the actual movie plot.

Wole Parks:

Okay, this guy was just annoying. He was that good-looking-but-he-knows-it, big shot, who thinks he does the best at everything and can throw bad language around like air.

Yeah. Annoying.

BUT... So basically a male version of Miss Raquel that uses bad language?

About the movie:

I really don't see why they have to say something foul, when they could make it mean, yet funny at the same time. I like that kind of humor-bad-language mix. :P So foul language = bad. Just saying mean things = good?

Vanessa dresses a bit immodestly, but besides that, it was good She is riding a fucking bike. Sorry, can't do that in long flowing skirts.

And on a sidenote...there is some LEGIT bike riding in this movie. Like...seriously. Especially this one scene where he's riding...in a garage/storage house/thing. Okay, that's all I'm going to say. Of course, please don't say anything about the plot of the movie in a movie review.

http://god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/

Wow. This could be her worst review yet. Although I got a chuckle out of, "She rides, rides hard...".

Here is another "warning" about this movie:

If you don't like movies that jump from a certain time to another all throughout the movie, you probably won't like this one. (Movies such as The Prestige) I, for one, like those kinds of movies because it keeps my brain cranking and makes me have to pay attention, you know?

Somehow I get the idea that trying to follow the plot of a movie is about the only time her brain really has to "crank".

She just graduated from high-school. 17/18?

Oh. Wow.

In case she should ever read here, I'll leave some advice:

1) Write in complete sentences, but don't let those sentences run on forever.

2) Arrange your thoughts into some kind of order: An article - for example, a movie review - should have a definite beginning, middle, and end.

3) When writing a movie review, offer a brief synopsis - y'know, an actual review - of the movie under discussion. People tend to read reviews who are trying to decide whether or not to see a certain film. Your collection of disjointed and vague impressions about specific actors will in no way help even the most devoted reader to make an informed choice.

4) Don't muck up your article by talking about yourself in it: The entire piece is your opinion, so there is no reason to keep using cumbersome "I" statements.

5) Don't make up new words (for example, "legitimate-ness") - and especially don't do this when there is already an existing word that would work within the context of your article.

6) Last but certainly not least, if you're going to keep writing reviews with the expectation that others should actually read them, then the least you can do is to beef up your own skills by reading material written by other critics. There are a variety of writing styles available, none of which look anything like what you've chosen to inflict on your readers.

Good heavens.

"I saw a movie. The actors were okay. I'm so not telling you what was in it, though. It was just legit."

Oh SotDRT. You never fail to horrify me.

Good heavens.

"I saw a movie. The actors were okay. I'm so not telling you what was in it, though. It was just legit."

Oh SotDRT. You never fail to horrify me.

:lol:

That is a great summary of every single one of her movie reviews. She has been doing them for years and has never gotten any better.

I think I found one of her first movie reviews. And her writing style has not changed at all in the last two years. It is a "review" of the movie Sabrina.

Julia Ormond as Sabrina...

I think Julia did a simply FABULOU job as Sabrina!!! Although, she does have a bit of a weird nose...I don't know. Mother and I think it's a bit pointy...almost fake looking. :roll:

Greg Kinnear as David Larrabee...

I really like Greg in this movie! He portrayed David's character perfectly! Funny, spontaneous, all-about-fun guy.

The only thing I think they could've picked (for the better) for David's character was a better looking guy. Because David is supposed to be this really good-looking dude, but to me...Greg doesn't quite fit that description. But, I think he *did* do a good job of acting his part.

Nancy Marchand as Maude Larrabee...

Okay, I think Maude is an okay-lady, but oh goodness, her clothes in this movie drove me n.u.t.s.!!! She has the WEIRDEST style!!

Lauren Holly as Elizabeth Tyson...

if you haven't seen this yet, I won't tell you who she is, who she marries or anything. ;)

Lauren reminds me a lot of Julia Roberts. Even back then she wouldn't tell us anything about the plot of the movie. :lol:

http://god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2010/ ... -1995.html

Her writing hasn't improved at all in two years even despite her running a blog where she often posts. That's unfortunate. It's evidence she has stopped adapting; stopped learning.

Her reviews are always bad. I hate how she sometimes brings up the actor's physical appearances or heights and I do laugh when she talks about how has seen previous films that some of the actors or actresses have done. I would love it if Miss Raquel reviewed a gritty rated R movie.

Archived