IGNORED

Found the biggest social media attention whore on the planet

Coy Koi

This guy taped himself telling his 8-year-old son that his mom had died the previous night of a drug overdose, and then put the video on Facebook (that same day, I think) as a "cautionary tale", where it went viral. But don't worry, the small child who just experienced something unbelievably traumatic was capable of consenting to having his personal, highly-sensitive business plastered everywhere to get Daddy lots of attention. Apparently there was a Gofundme too (color me shocked) because it was mentioned on the dad's page. Link

NO.

I loathe things like this. I work in social media management...and oh, this is so bad.

This father's actions render me speechless. He took the police issued photo of the OD'd parents with blurred out child (horrible taste), and the mom holding the child's urn, and escalated it to this. I feel for the son on so many levels.

OMG! This is just..... I'm just at a loss for words! I mean, what possesses a person to do this?!

Well, ya know, he got the kid's permission before posting it even though he didn't tell him before taking the video.  So it's totes cool ya'll.  Leave that poor dad alone.  He's just trying to perform a public service and he totally has that kid's permission.  He said so.

(In case your fonts process differently in your app/browser, please read the above in your sarcasm font--thanks).

Ugh.  Fucking ugh.  (Thought you were talking about Agent Orange when I first clicked on this). 

Yeah some people really need to think things through when it comes to Social Media. 

A friend of mine works with addicts and has pointed out this trend will not help. It will probably make things WORSE. "Let's shame addicts, making them more isolated, leaving them with only their drugs and a sense of rejection. They'll be clean in no time!."

Archived