IGNORED

Did Susanna Keller get married?/Suze pregnant {merged}

NJMom

Not shocked. It sounded like they barely knew each other, it being a rebound relationship, and they were sort of thrown/forced together because of the unexpected pregnancy.

I wish her the best, however, and hope that she can get on her feet and mature a bit, both for her own sake and for her kid's.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I am scared about what we are naming baby. Maybe I should toss it out for FJ to tell me if it is a good one or not........

Just give the kid a traditional middle name. That way if the first name runs out of style they can go by the middle name.

7 minutes ago, on Facebook, Suze changed her relationship status to "single". I hope she will be able to return to her sister's house, especially if she needs some help and support as a (now) single mother.

I wish these folks had someone to talk to someone to counsel them after they leave their cults, someone they can trust again who will tell them to make no more major life changes for a year and teach them about birth control.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be a hot mess. IIRC when he was here he was professing his undying devotion to her and the child. Well his devotion to her lasted a whole three four months? And now there is a helpless child in the mix.

Poor Suze. I realize she's responsible for her own life, but the cult really fucks you up. I just hope she doesn't somehow get sucked back in. Hopefully she won't be coerced into giving up the baby. If she wanted to to the adoption route that's ok too, as long as she truly chose it.

Single motherhood aint easy. We're rooting for you!

Ok, I was "friends" w/Susanna on FB until her page "went away" when she and Nick broke up. Her status just popped up as "single" on my FB feed 4 min ago. WTF? Anybody?

She appears to have disabled her google plus profile (where she had posted about her baby) and jumped back to Facebook. When I tried to search for her google profile just now it said profile not found.

Guest Anonymous
7 minutes ago, on Facebook, Suze changed her relationship status to "single". I hope she will be able to return to her sister's house, especially if she needs some help and support as a (now) single mother.

He was a freaking toolbag, if the guy who posted here claiming to be her fiance actually was him. Frankly I think she will be better off. Maybe if they're broken up he won't be texting and driving with the baby in the car.

A few minutes ago, Suze just "liked" Stronghold Atlanta on FB. It "connects those who have been victims of domestic violence and abuse with HELP: Healing Empowerment Love and Protection". I'm glad she's found some resources to help her and hopefully they can teach her about safe sex and positive relationships. Most of these organizations provide referrals for therapy/counseling (to help deal her family abandoning her and her past relationships), information food stamps/WIC, getting education/GED, and finding shelters/ housing.

Guest Anonymous

I've said it before and I'm not the only one, but here it comes again. Many fundamentalist/patriarchal families teach their girls and young women that red flag behavior = love. It is hard to break that shit down and stop believing it. I wish Suze all the best in the world. I hope she has all the help and resources she needs to get healthy and happy.

Hmmm Interesting, her google + is gone, unless she is just updating her facebook, for sure Jonathan was a toolbag for sure. I didn't think he was abusive, I did know her last BF was, so unless its just old stuff from then? But don't know why it would come up now.... Its a shame if thats the case, and her oughta be castrated if he dared to put a hand on her, let alone while she was pregnant... Shame that if they have broken up, shes still gonna have to be attached to him somehow, because there is a baby in the mix though.

So sad. I, too, wish that there was an organized group/place for the defectors to go for counseling and assistance.

I hope the group that she has found provides the help she needs. ATI/Gothard/Patriarchy indeed does a number on women and recognizing abusive behavior.

That shows how many "Baby Sundays" I've attended in Conservative Fundie churches of late. Or ever.

Big, fat zero.

xReems, she jumped from one guy to the other in about a month's time. She was dumped after she got back from Pris' wedding (I want to say Valentine's Day) and based on the 20-week ultrasound posted the other day, got knocked up at the end of March. She wasted no time whatsoever. I can't remember when the fiancee or sockpuppet posted, but he claimed they were engaged and that was at least two to three months ago, not long after people found out Suze was knocked up. Even without the poster here, she's confirmed she's engaged, so far less than 6 months. Heck, right NOW, it's only been just over 6 months since she got dumped.

That's true and I completely agree with you. I do wish her nothing but the best and I'm sure she's going to be a great mother-however, at the same time, I agree with you that she did jump from one relationship to the next fairly quickly. This is proof that the fundie sheltered mindset is pathetic and doesn't work. I don't know the full story of Suze's situation. For all we know, she might have found comfort in this current guy (or ex now, supposedly) after her failed engagement, got knocked up, and then became engaged after hearing the news.

It is strange how she suddenly disabled her G+ account and is now using facebook. If she changed her relationship status to "single" earlier today, than I honestly do not know what to say. In a one year period, she got into a relationship, became engaged, broke off the engagement, got into a new relationship, became pregnant, got engaged again, and is now supposedly single. I really think of all her siblings, she took her new found freedom for granted and over did it. I hope this new ex didn't abuse her too.

I've said it before and I'm not the only one, but here it comes again. Many fundamentalist/patriarchal families teach their girls and young women that red flag behavior = love. It is hard to break that shit down and stop believing it..

Yes, yes, yes! I see this too often myself and it makes me upset. :cry:

I hope Suze gets on a good path. It may take a while, but if that's what she needs, I hope she sticks it out and figures out where her best choices lie.

I agree totally with what is being said here. The fact that Susanna went from the frying pan to the fire made it more likely she would repeat her error because there was no time for her to be alone and process why she made the choice she did the first time around. Fundies are not raised to think critically and to be self-aware. I'm also reminded of that whole "repetition compulsion" scenario. Susanna may be attracted to men who are like her father, thus having an extremely high tolerance for douche bag personalities. All of this in an effort to get it right this time. I hope she is getting the counseling she needs. She's been through hell the last year or so and she will need the support.

He probably was abusive. He certainly isolated her, didn't he? Moving her to another state away from all friends and family.

If it'll sound stupid when you're 30, bad name choice. It makes me giggle and worried all at the same time of all the KayLees, Destinis and Trinitis, Brayylynn and Bratleigh and Shitlyn. So many of these names are just... not adult.

Please tell me you're kidding about Bratleigh and Shitlyn!!! :o Although, having seen some of new baby names in the last couple of years, nothing surprises me.... :character-spamguy: (my beloved baby, Spam....)

My little sister was named after our grandma -- Granny's first and middle names were reversed to form Sis's middle and first names. Very traditional, both names are staunch WASP names going back centuries; no originality whatsoever.

At the age of one month, Baby Sis was given a nickname by a family friend. The name was derived from the boring first and middle names, and it was done as a joke.

You guessed it: Baby Sis is now past 40, and she is STILL known by the jokey-nickname. I would tell you what her name is, but it (in contrast to Granny's name) is SO unique that you could probably google it and confirm that she is the only (*&?%$ in the known universe. So for confidentiality reasons, I'll let your imaginations fill in the blanks.

He was a freaking toolbag, if the guy who posted here claiming to be her fiance actually was him. Frankly I think she will be better off. Maybe if they're broken up he won't be texting and driving with the baby in the car.

Can't say I'm going to miss Mr. anonymouzzz. He should go back to his junior highschool friends and learn some manners (and some spelling).

So it appears that our Suze is going to be a single mom. It's going to be tough, but I have a faint hope that the Keller family will be supportive. Single parenting is tough but not impossible. It worked out fine for me, but I must say it helps to have a baby-daddy who is sane, mature, respectful, employed and emotionally balanced.

Can't say I'm going to miss Mr. anonymouzzz. He should go back to his junior highschool friends and learn some manners (and some spelling).

So it appears that our Suze is going to be a single mom. It's going to be tough, but I have a faint hope that the Keller family will be supportive. Single parenting is tough but not impossible. It worked out fine for me, but I must say it helps to have a baby-daddy who is sane, mature, respectful, employed and emotionally balanced.

Yeah, I just checked and am still FB "friends" with her and yes, she's officially "single." I wonder if she'll go back to Houston; even if she doesn't live with her sister, she'd still have some moral support. Or she may realize that she probably can't support a family on her salary from the Cheesecake Factory and give the baby up for adoption. What she DOESN'T need right now is another man, but never really being on her own, she's at a real crossroads and is going to have to grow up. Whatever she decides, she'll likely end up more of an adult than her sister who is playing house in Arkansas.

Suze's new FB page lists her hometown as the one her sister lives in in Texas. I really hope she's gone back to Rebekah's house. She seemed to have some stability there, and maintained a job with no problems. I'm feeling hopeful for Suze. I keep forgetting how young she is, so maybe time and stability will help her sort out who she is and what she wants. P.S. you bet I looked at her FB page. Call me a stalker, I don't care.

Please tell me you're kidding about Bratleigh and Shitlyn!!! :o Although, having seen some of new baby names in the last couple of years, nothing surprises me.... :character-spamguy: (my beloved baby, Spam....)

My little sister was named after our grandma -- Granny's first and middle names were reversed to form Sis's middle and first names. Very traditional, both names are staunch WASP names going back centuries; no originality whatsoever.

At the age of one month, Baby Sis was given a nickname by a family friend. The name was derived from the boring first and middle names, and it was done as a joke.

You guessed it: Baby Sis is now past 40, and she is STILL known by the jokey-nickname. I would tell you what her name is, but it (in contrast to Granny's name) is SO unique that you could probably google it and confirm that she is the only (*&?%$ in the known universe. So for confidentiality reasons, I'll let your imaginations fill in the blanks.

Totally being facetious. Those are my go-to versions for whatever --Lyn and --Lee name they come up with these days :D

The Kellers aren't really knocking it out of the park with their brood are they? Daniel has totally defected, Susanna is free but the lack of preparation for adult life in the mainstream is really starting to show. Rebekah has left fundie-dom, and Esther has been living in poverty.

But I do wish Susanna the best. It ain't easy, but it can be done. There are people who are cheering you on, and are willing to help. Never be afraid to ask for a hand when you need it.

Suze's new FB page lists her hometown as the one her sister lives in in Texas. I really hope she's gone back to Rebekah's house. She seemed to have some stability there, and maintained a job with no problems. I'm feeling hopeful for Suze. I keep forgetting how young she is, so maybe time and stability will help her sort out who she is and what she wants. P.S. you bet I looked at her FB page. Call me a stalker, I don't care.

If she comes back to Houston I need a roommate. I wouldn't mind having a baby around, either.

Rebekah has left fundie-dom, and Esther has been living in poverty.

Rebekah--is she in a normal conservative church now or no church??

Esther--is she the missionary? (My brain is overwhelmed with keeping the Duggars and Bates sorted out--no room for mere Kellers!)

Rebekah is the one who is still a conservative Christian but no longer follows a fundamentalist lifestyle.

Esther is the one who spent a couple weeks in Africa doing missionary work. She's the one who is still toeing the fundie lifestyle.

Archived