IGNORED

Do the Seven Sisters shower together??

terranova

*starts giggling uncontrollably*

Edited to add - Brashchick...does that duckie come with the handcuffs? 0.o

If we're temporarily sharing housing, my sisters and I still do this.

Yeah, in my parent's house, the only bathroom with good water pressure was also the laundry room/main floor bathroom/storage for extra kitchen stuff/place where the sewing machine and iron lived. So if you wanted a good shower, chances were high that my Mom would be in and out of the bathroom at least once. If I was in there, my sister would have no qualms about coming into the room and talking to me while I was in the shower and vice versa.

My sister is 7 years older than me and she used to think it was hilarious to sneak in the bathroom while I showered and pour cold water over me. We were about 9 and 16 at the time. I think it's just normal sibling shenanigans. The moms reaction is weird. "How would you like 10 ugly ducklings raining over you?" Really?

And in terms of bathroom size, if they live in an old farmhouse, I've seen some bathrooms that seemed like they had been an old bedroom or something converted into a bathroom, very big. Sometimes they include the laundry room.

Here it is required that bathrooms are so big that a person in wheelchair (I think the term is something like handicap accessibility) can use it so bathrooms in newer buildings are quite big. Usually in our bathrooms there is a place for washing machine and access to sauna. In our last apartment (built in 2000) bathroom was bigger than our bedrooms (included sauna, toilet section, place for laundry machines and cupboards and a shower section) . Now we live in an older apartment and bathroom is quite small because people used shared laundry room back then instead of own laundry machines and bathrooms were not yet required to be accessible with wheelchair.

I don't know, maybe it is cultural, but I don't see why people can't take shower together or be in the same place with someone who is in shower/bathtub. When we were children we often went to shower room together after swimming in a lake. And because of our sauna culture, people are used to be naked in washing places. It is normal to sit by and wait your turn or just chat between turns in sauna.

I don't understand why some places or situations are so much erotisized.

Meh, I live in an old farmhouse and the bathroom is 6X6. I have 1 bathroom,squeezed into the addition as an after thought . I wonder how many bedrooms the 7S have in their house that one could be given up for a larger bathroom.

My sister is 7 years older than me and she used to think it was hilarious to sneak in the bathroom while I showered and pour cold water over me. We were about 9 and 16 at the time. I think it's just normal sibling shenanigans. The moms reaction is weird. "How would you like 10 ugly ducklings raining over you?" Really?

Yep, this happened while I was still at home. My male siblings started granting me privacy when I was like 17, but before that, shower pranks abounded. My family will still have one person in the shower and others puttering around the bathroom, though actually seeing each other naked has become gender specific in the past few years.

I wonder if the seven sisters aren't allowed to be alone in the bathroom. I don't know if it's a Gothard rule, but I know that some fundie families do not allow anyone to be alone while bathing. They probably need a shower buddy because their parents want to keep them perpetual children. They're probably just making the most of what they're stuck with, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is yet another tactic to infantalize and control them.

I've just looked at their blog. What angers me is that in their photo they have the seven girls lined up in frowdy, uncomfortable dresses and headcoverings and then next to them are their two brothers in completely normal and nonrestrictive clothes.

I don't get the impression that they hang out together while one is showering or that they even saw Susannah naked. If the door is not locked, they could have let themselves in when she was already in the shower and thrown the ducks over the shower curtain rod. Do you all shower without the curtain closed?? Or maybe you all have clear curtains? I'm confused.

Maybe they don't have a shower curtain? I've never seen a separate shower in a home with a curtain (as opposed to a transparent door, possibly with swirls in the glass to afford privacy), and many of the shower/baths I've had just have a clear shield extending from the wall next to the shower head to halfway along the bath.

I wonder if the seven sisters aren't allowed to be alone in the bathroom. I don't know if it's a Gothard rule, but I know that some fundie families do not allow anyone to be alone while bathing. They probably need a shower buddy because their parents want to keep them perpetual children. They're probably just making the most of what they're stuck with, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is yet another tactic to infantalize and control them.

I was thinking this, too. The Seven Sisters seem so chirpy that it makes it easy to forget that they are in fact growing up Gothardite. Showering alone may well be seen as potentially sinful because MASTURBATION.

I was thinking this, too. The Seven Sisters seem so chirpy that it makes it easy to forget that they are in fact growing up Gothardite. Showering alone may well be seen as potentially sinful because MASTURBATION.

I wonder if Gothard prohibits removable showerheads...

Archived