IGNORED

Do the Seven Sisters shower together??

terranova

Very strange last blog post -

Anna and Bekah put every single bath toy into the tub for Susannah…Susannah was protesting, “Jessica, there is *every single bath toy* in that tub, even Noah and his WIFE! And they don’t like to be wet on Wednesday nights!!!â€

Then Anna and Bekah had a plan to ‘rain’ down every rubber duck we have onto Susannah…this is what happened (written by Mommy):

“How would YOU like ten ugly ducklings pelting down on your head during YOUR shower?!â€

Susannah to Cassia, when she found out Cassia was laughing her head off at their younger sisters’ dastardly plan to “rain†all the rubber duckies on her during her shower!

I checked, thinking perhaps Susannah was one of the younger sisters but she's 3rd, so must be about 19 or 20. Anna looks about 14 and Bekah a couple of years younger again.

I might be a prude but I don't think I would fancy my sisters watching me while I showered.

um, i'm not interested in ANYONE watching me shower. I think after young childhood group showering/bathing should be discouraged.

OMG, bath toys for teenaged girls... Rubber ducks... are they really what I think ?? :lol:

I think after young childhood group showering/bathing should be discouraged.

Why? If they're comfortable with it, I don't see the problem. Families in many Asian countries often bathe together, for example. The trouble I see with the Seven Sisters is their maturity level. I'm not sure how old Anna and Bekah are, but Susannah and Cassia are old enough to make this entry a bit strange...unless they were drunk, but I doubt that.

Physically these girls might be in their twenties but mentally, none of them have passed about ten. It's not the odd mix of adult-child that a lot of home schoolers have, it's like they really are children.

:happy-wavemulticolor: (Notice there are seven of them. Lol.)

OMG, bath toys for teenaged girls... Rubber ducks... are they really what I think ?? :lol:

:blinks: that's a lot of waterproof batteries.

I don't necessarily think it's weird for teenage sisters to bathe or shower together, HOWEVER in the case of the Seven Sisters it's yet another sign of the crazy infantilization these girls are subjected to - and their severe lack of anything resembling privacy. The act itself isn't wrong or strange, the reasoning behind it is. Yes, adult or teenage sisters can be silly together, but if they act like seven-year olds all the time, something has seriously gone wrong. Bath toys? Rubber duckies? Seriously?

i was assuming that all of them were bathing together...old and young alike which i thought was super weird.

I got the impression from posts at Christmas time that the eldest two share a room which has one double bed and the next two also share a room with one double bed. I thought it was a bit odd at first as I hadn't read their site much. Siblings sharing a room is fine but a bed? Maybe I just need more personal space than some people.

I don't get the impression that they were literally showering together, I think the paragraph was just phrased a bit strangely. I also don't think it's *necessarily* odd for teen/adult sisters to see each other in the shower, though I do agree that in the context it could be a sign of the seven sisters' lack of privacy.

Regarding the bath toys - I dunno, I get the impression that the rubber ducks were lying around because they'd been purchased when all the sisters were much younger, and are maybe still used by the youngest (who is around 10, I think). I'm pretty sure my house still had a few bath toys left in the bathroom cupboard even after my younger brother had outgrown them, just because no-one had got round to disposing of them. So maybe Anna and Bekah just found them in a cupboard or something and decided to do a prank with them? Pre- and early teens (and indeed adults) are allowed to be silly together - goodness knows my sisters and I have been on occasion, and we're not infantilised at all! Also, it was two of the youngest sisters who thought up the plan, so maybe the older ones were just going along with it to humour them? But maybe I'm reading too much into it. I do agree that the older sisters seem quite immature at times.

I can't get the blog to load, but from the sample posted there it sounds like the sisters are just hanging out in the bathroom while Susannah's bathing. I think that's what weirds me out, especially when you take into consideration the other ways in which the girls are treated as children (like sharing beds; I did that when I was a kid, but it stopped before puberty). It's not like a Scandinavian sauna where everyone sits around naked, possibly talking but also gleaning the benefits from the sauna; it's one woman naked in the bath and her sisters sitting around, presumably clothed, interacting with her.

I can't get the blog to load, but from the sample posted there it sounds like the sisters are just hanging out in the bathroom while Susannah's bathing. I think that's what weirds me out, especially when you take into consideration the other ways in which the girls are treated as children (like sharing beds; I did that when I was a kid, but it stopped before puberty). It's not like a Scandinavian sauna where everyone sits around naked, possibly talking but also gleaning the benefits from the sauna; it's one woman naked in the bath and her sisters sitting around, presumably clothed, interacting with her.

It's a little weird, but in and of itself I don't see how it's a problem. Indeed, I think it's healthier than the extreme body shame so many seem to promote. It probably mitigates some of that.

Of course, like everybody else, I think this is a sign of extreme immaturity. And while it's reasonable for everybody to be immature or silly some of the time, it's certainly strange when somebody or a group of people is *constantly* acting immature, and in more ways than just the superficial occasional prank. Especially when one or more of them is at an age where most people are very self-conscious and like to act more grown-up than they really are.

um, i'm not interested in ANYONE watching me shower. I think after young childhood group showering/bathing should be discouraged.

As far as I'm concerned this falls squarely under "live and let live". If this was the only thing, I wouldn't even blink. As it is, I don't think it's harmful in any way. I'm not sitting here reading this going "OMG, those poor women", odd though it is.

I just read their post. It sounds to me that the 2 youngest girls were playing a trick on the older while she was in the shower. They have 2 younger brothers who are like 5 and 7, so I am sure they still have lots of little kid toys laying around .(Also, just in case God opens Mommy's womb one more time...)

p.s. I was watching one of their you tube videos last night where they made homemade hairspray out of a grapefruit and water. I really want to try this as I hate hairspray,but need something to help my curls hold.

I think I'm actually defending the Seven Sisters on this one, buuuut... Up til I moved away from home at 17, my friends would hang out, fully clothed, in the bathroom while I was showering (and vice versa). It was to avoid boredom/get more random talking in! We never thought anything of it, then I went to university where we had the weird group showers, so it continued there. To this day, I still rarely shower without talking to my husband during because I get so freaking bored. Though, now that I'm thinking about it, maybe I should learn to enjoy a shower alone once in a while before I start having kids and it becomes an impossibility... :think:

Why? I mean, I wouldn't feel very comfortable bathing with my family but that's just because it's not done in British culture. I don't think there's anything wrong with it objectively and in other countries it's totally normal.

Why? I mean, I wouldn't feel very comfortable bathing with my family but that's just because it's not done in British culture. I don't think there's anything wrong with it objectively and in other countries it's totally normal.

Yeah. Here in Japan my friends and I got to the onsen (public baths) fairly often. They tend to be a good place for decent conversation.

However, this seems like a very different situation.

Edited for riffles

I think I'm actually defending the Seven Sisters on this one, buuuut... Up til I moved away from home at 17, my friends would hang out, fully clothed, in the bathroom while I was showering (and vice versa). It was to avoid boredom/get more random talking in! We never thought anything of it, then I went to university where we had the weird group showers, so it continued there. To this day, I still rarely shower without talking to my husband during because I get so freaking bored. Though, now that I'm thinking about it, maybe I should learn to enjoy a shower alone once in a while before I start having kids and it becomes an impossibility... :think:

If we're temporarily sharing housing, my sisters and I still do this.

I don't have any sisters, but when I visited my female cousins, the taught me the joys of hanging in the bathroom together while we each showered/bathed. No big deal.

I don't get the impression that they hang out together while one is showering or that they even saw Susannah naked. If the door is not locked, they could have let themselves in when she was already in the shower and thrown the ducks over the shower curtain rod. Do you all shower without the curtain closed?? Or maybe you all have clear curtains? I'm confused.

In college, a popular prank was to empty an oatmeal packet over someone's head while they were showering, over the curtain rod. No one saw anyone naked in the process.

That's a bigger bathroom than I've ever had, to fit 6 visitors and one showerwer into. It's heck to be po' folks. ;)

Having siblings close in age, I don't think that anybody was WATCHING the other person shower, but they may have been in the bathroom puttering around doing other stuff and talking. (this stopped in my family at about college age for two reasons- my sister got very possessive of the bathroom when my brother and I left for school, and my parents remodled, so the shower enclosure was clear glass, but before that occasionally my sister or my mom would pop into the bathroom to look for something.)

Unless this is a Gothard thing to prevent you know what.....

And in terms of bathroom size, if they live in an old farmhouse, I've seen some bathrooms that seemed like they had been an old bedroom or something converted into a bathroom, very big. Sometimes they include the laundry room.

And in terms of bathroom size, if they live in an old farmhouse, I've seen some bathrooms that seemed like they had been an old bedroom or something converted into a bathroom, very big. Sometimes they include the laundry room.

:shock: :happy-partydance: I want! I want!

:shock: :happy-partydance: I want! I want!

Um, big does not always mean nice- one house I nearly bought had shag carpet in the big bathroom, beat up fixtures, ect.

Archived