IGNORED

I didn't know - Erin Bates

pimpom

omg omg omg ! Via Hopewell's bookblog I found this video of Erin Bates

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr2IWdzN6kY

I have seen the name Bates on the old board, and here, but I never knew they were like this! Also, is it me, or does daddy seem at least 10 years younger than mummy? Or is that all the popping out of babies she does?

Hopewell, you were right, she is BRAVE indeed!

Anybody catch Kelly's boobie flash as she starts to nurse? :lol: DEFRAUD!

And what is with the "piano in the road" shot at the end? That was just...weird.

Guest Anonymous

I actually kind of like them, I think. I don't know. I think the fact that I talk like them makes me want to like them.

I actually kind of like them, I think. I don't know. I think the fact that I talk like them makes me want to like them.

In the episode when they came to Little Rock and the howler monkeys were playing together outside and climbing the shrubs in the front yard they cut to one of the Bates boys who said "The trees out here are strong, and you can climb right up in 'em and ... enjoy a GREAT view!" I just wanted to hug him! It's the same little one who talks in the video linked here.

I watched the video and laughed at Erin's talk about dress standards. Honey, green hair is the LEAST of your worries. :lol:

So there were no options or flexibility in filming that she just had to pop the kid on the boob, not only on camera but while she was talking. Then the little grin.

I believe that was random as much as I believe Sarah Maxwell will wear pants some day.

I love how some of these fundie's perception of college is being surrounded by a bunch of people with green hair. One of my boyfriend's friend has a few tattoos yet is a hardcore devout Catholic and only wants to date Catholic girls who share similar beliefs as him but I'm guessing the tattoos make him a Satan worshiper, right?

So there were no options or flexibility in filming that she just had to pop the kid on the boob, not only on camera but while she was talking. Then the little grin.

I believe that was random as much as I believe Sarah Maxwell will wear pants some day.

If you look closely (around her neck, above the 'breast friend'), she's wearing a flesh colored turtleneck. I don't think we saw boobage. I think we are just seeing flesh colored sweater because she starts to do some manual maneuvering as though she had to get her breast out. If we were seeing boobage, she would have simply put the baby to her breast.

I love how some of these fundie's perception of college is being surrounded by a bunch of people with green hair. One of my boyfriend's friend has a few tattoos yet is a hardcore devout Catholic and only wants to date Catholic girls who share similar beliefs as him but I'm guessing the tattoos make him a Satan worshiper, right?

Ditto! The valedictorian of my high school was a girl with a 12 inch high (when fully sprayed out) mohawk that was usually a myriad of rainbow colors. I don't know what her religious beliefs were, but she was wicked smart, didn't smoke, didn't drink or do drugs. She was a 'good girl'.

If you look closely (around her neck, above the 'breast friend'), she's wearing a flesh colored turtleneck. I don't think we saw boobage. I think we are just seeing flesh colored sweater because she starts to do some manual maneuvering as though she had to get her breast out. If we were seeing boobage, she would have simply put the baby to her breast.

I wasn't even commenting on seeing boobage. I didn't notice any. It was more the choice itself at the time.

I know babies need to eat. I know there is nothing wrong with breastfeeding. But, when you're being interviewed on camera, is it really necessary in that second? While you are the one talking?

I just see it as a 'look at me' shout out in this instance. 'Look at how much i love being a mom!' 'Look at what a good mom I am'.

breastfeeding should be so normal that feeding a hungry baby while doing anything (that isn't dangerous, like driving or operating heavy machinery) shoouldn't even get an eye bat.

Are there other videos of Erin playing the piano?

Not to sound like a jerk, but her skills (as portrayed in this clip) aren't all that. Perhaps she's not training as a Classical pianist, but the music she was playing sounded pretty easy. She does seem musically talented, but hardly exceptional.

I'm not at all the world's best pianist, but I had to play something a lot harder than that to get into my music program. It makes me wonder if she's heard really good pianists, or even really technically difficult music for the piano.

I was a combination of bored and confused. Confused partly because I have a 'hawk which I rarely spray out (at 12 inch length it's liberty spikes, mine is a fair bit shorter but still takes a lot of work to set) the rest of my head is shaved but when the longer part is there it just lies at the side of my head. It is 3 different colours.

But WTF has this to do with religion? I remember nowt from the Bible forbidding or permitting that hairstyle. Likewise green hair. It says where in the Bible that a green haired person is a sinner?

Guest Anonymous

The comments are quite enlightening: " A person who colors his hair green is not a christian." I.E., Manic Panic = of teh debil. Makes it so much easier to tell! :roll:

I think the Bates, and those like them, probably consider something like green hair to be ungodly because it's attention seeking. But then again, I don't think Erin's hair could be described as anything but attention seeking. Maybe it's ok because it's a little old-fashioned? They do seem to make an idol of the past...

breastfeeding should be so normal that feeding a hungry baby while doing anything (that isn't dangerous, like driving or operating heavy machinery) shoouldn't even get an eye bat.

:text-yeahthat:

Her little smile looked like she was just giving someone off-camera that sheepish grin we sometimes give when we think that something's not great timing but can't be helped. It didn't strike me as smug.

Although I admit, at first I did wonder for a second if her breasts were blurred - and if any of the Duggar boys watched that part really intently in hopes of glimpsing something. :lol:

I think the Bates, and those like them, probably consider something like green hair to be ungodly because it's attention seeking. But then again, I don't think Erin's hair could be described as anything but attention seeking. Maybe it's ok because it's a little old-fashioned? They do seem to make an idol of the past...

Yup. I'd love a green haired kid to say they wouldn't ever consider Erin's college because he wouldn't want to go go to school with bouffant wearing helmet heads who wear skirts every day. You know, the arrogant type who think they are better than you because they have the right way of living and look down on you for daring to not be like them.

Erin has very unique hair, which probably means that she wants to stand out. Yet, she can't see why someone else would want the option to express their own selves through their hair style.

Anybody catch Kelly's boobie flash as she starts to nurse? :lol: DEFRAUD!

And what is with the "piano in the road" shot at the end? That was just...weird.

Well you know, I am not at all impressed by her piano playing. It isn't bad, but very average and she really needs some proper lessons.

I love how they have to make REALLY, REALLY sure that everyone knows that they are NOT supporting going to college.You just have to make absolutely sure that if you go to one, everyone there thinks exactly the same way you do. I think Gil even said they were trying to protect the family from a "disaster" or "tragic outcome"...because those are totally likely at the average university.

The comments are quite enlightening: " A person who colors his hair green is not a christian." I.E., Manic Panic = of teh debil. Makes it so much easier to tell! :roll:

Thank you! I saw those ignorant comments and get a better understanding about the inherent superiority these people feel because of their so-called "Christianity." Because thoughts like that certainly aren't Christian.

Gil's remarks about really not wanting their kids to attend "real" college, because something horrible (forgot his word, but I guess he means meeting a member of the opposite sex without proper family protection) might happen if they "throw their kids out to the wolves" was quite disturbing. If anything, they're even more extreme than the Duggars, and the more I see of them, the more similar to the Duggars in terms of Kelly not really mothering her kids seems to be true. She's even worse than Michelle with the "adoring gaze" at her husband.

If I did that, my husband would ask if I was on drugs.

Strange how Erin said sitting next to someone with green hair would be 'awkward'. No, not at all. It's only awkward in Erin's head.

Princess Erin, why are you more concerned about your classmate's hair color than what the teacher is saying?

Not to sound like a jerk, but her skills (as portrayed in this clip) aren't all that. Perhaps she's not training as a Classical pianist, but the music she was playing sounded pretty easy. She does seem musically talented, but hardly exceptional.

But compared to their BFF (best friend family), the Duggars, they're phenomenal.

He's Catholic. OBVIOUSLY he's going to hell, because Catholics aren't Christian. The tattoos are just icing on the fundie intolerance cake.

Archived