IGNORED

Dougie's wedding day photo

Marian the Librarian

Edited because someone already started a thread about links. Sorry. :)

The intro to that photo is hilarious. "It's my wedding anniversary. Here's my wedding picture. Isn't it great?" Just when you're expecting him to say something normal like, I don't know, "Doesn't my wife look beautiful?" he decides to go with, "And my friend is in it! We've been together for 25 years! Isn't he dapper-looking?" You've got to be kidding me. Doug, give it up. You're not fooling anybody.

Dougie is clearly able to force himself to make teh baybeez with an icky girl, but it's apparent that emotionally speaking, he is gayer than gay. And the little world he's created is a perfect cover/support for that, what with all the talk of "manly friendships" and the sweaty jungle romps. He's got the best of both worlds, in his mind: plenty of time to spend with men, and a helpmeet at home to pop out the babies and do anything he's too important to do.

Every time I see pics of Doug in his WWII drag. I think of the line from Torchwood- "Period military is not the dress code of a straight man."

Personally, I don't think Beall looks all that great. Her smile looks like a strained, constipated, grimace. She's certainly thinner there than what she is now, but I guess 8 kids'll do that to ya!

Those girls dresses are '90s hideous. And why does the one girl wearing a solid color? Is she being punished? Or just more stubborn?

LOL, that's what I was thinking. How did she get to be the redheaded stepchild?

Personally, I don't think Beall looks all that great. Her smile looks like a strained, constipated, grimace. She's certainly thinner there than what she is now, but I guess 8 kids'll do that to ya!

I wonder if she'll write a tell all book someday about life inside the compound.

Okay, dumb question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

How old are Dougie and Be-all? He looks about 15 in that picture. Just wondering if they got married while he was still in law school or waited until he graduated? (Even so, I can't find any info on WHEN he went to school, just WHERE).

He's still part of the Reagan Generation who were the ones who really mobilized the fundie troops after Pride and Pearl wrote their books. Gothard didn't even gain much traction until my generation's kids began school in the late 80's (if they started young) or early-mid 90's (if they married later or couldn't have kids right away).

I'm so ashamed to be a contemporary of Dougie. My brother is a drag queen. Can FJ set up a slush fund to send him to San Antonio and troll gay bars to find what Dougie REALLY does at night?

Okay, dumb question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

How old are Dougie and Be-all? He looks about 15 in that picture. Just wondering if they got married while he was still in law school or waited until he graduated? (Even so, I can't find any info on WHEN he went to school, just WHERE).

He's still part of the Reagan Generation who were the ones who really mobilized the fundie troops after Pride and Pearl wrote their books. Gothard didn't even gain much traction until my generation's kids began school in the late 80's (if they started young) or early-mid 90's (if they married later or couldn't have kids right away).

I'm so ashamed to be a contemporary of Dougie. My brother is a drag queen. Can FJ set up a slush fund to send him to San Antonio and troll gay bars to find what Dougie REALLY does at night?

Dougie and Be-all graduated from college in 1988, which makes them about 45. If Dougie went to law school right after college, he would probably have been finished at the time of their wedding.

I wonder why they didn't marry sooner, considering they met in college. It seems so worldly and eeeevil to DATE for at least four years before getting married. Tsk tsk.

How did they have so many children? Did he close his eyes and think of Richard Gere?

Beall looks gorgeous, albeit a bit... resigned, perhaps? the expression on her face makes me think of a lady who knows what will happen and has accepted it all. Not really something I'd expect to see on a bride's wedding photo. Then again if you look at mine, you'd see the same thing on both of our faces, but it's just from the strain of smiling so much for a million photos...

Still. that wasn't too cool of Doug, to gush about his BFF on his wedding anniversary, but that's just me :-P

Darkplummaged, I have a gay-like-Dougie former classmate (graduated high school '76) who has been engaged THREE times, long engagements. He is a practicing Mennonite. He would make an ideal Christian fiancee - never pressing for sex before marriage. Fortunately for these 3 women, he never made it to the alter.

THAT explains dougie's long engagement, perfectly.

I think Beall looks pretty, too, and Dougie looks... unique! The sad thing is, given what some of these families wear in 2011, you wouldn't be able to date that photo based on the dresses! :lol:

I feel incomplete when I see a photo of Doug and his legs are obscured.

The look on Beall's face says it all. She knows she's a beard.

Should

potter_phillips.jpg

Be sent to:

http://www.stolenvalor.com/report.cfm

Poser Busting

Source: Special Operations Community Network

A photo is worth a thousand words. You want to secure a photo of the charlatan wearing unauthorized and unearned awards and accoutrements. This is the core of any Stolen Valor prosecution, and it makes prosecution a slam dunk.

OMG my gaydar just went into overdrive!

The picture is funny but the things he wrote about it are even funnier. OMG, is it even possible that he doesn't know he's gay?! Anyone could look at either of those pictures and know in an instant.

As distasteful as I find his outfit (on him, not in general of course) I'm not sure it would qualify as a "Stolen Valor" issue. I mean, he hasn't claimed military service, nor has he gotten (that I know of) and special treatment or benefit from that outfit.

So, I think it's in really poor taste, but I'm not sure it's criminal.

He was wearing it for a film, not because he was trying to pass off like he was actually at D-Day. I don't like VF any more than the rest of you, but to be fair we'd have to report everyone who's ever played a soldier in any movie ever.

Archived