IGNORED

Any Lina Updates?

longskirts

Her blog is still closed, but I know some people were corresponding with her so I wondered if anyone knows anything. Is she still planning to get married soon?

I've been wondering what happened to her. I really hope she's ditched Tony by now, and moved onto the next thing.

I think if she'd ditched Tony, her blog would be open again.

I've been wondering, too! I hate that she shut her blog down to private only. I thought people were asking her (and her "beloved") some really interesting questions about being Jewish and still believing in Jesus.

Has anyone tried to get a blog invite from her?

I tried....we emailed a bit in the past so I thought I had a chance. Then she asked if I was a Christian and when I replied honestly (no), she never spoke to me again.

Beeks, that's funny since before she closed the blog she made a big deal about how she isn't a Christian herself but is a Torah-observant believer or whatever.

Guest Anonymous

I have access to her blog...I'm not sure how long back her blog went private, so I don't know how far back yall need updating.

I tried....we emailed a bit in the past so I thought I had a chance. Then she asked if I was a Christian and when I replied honestly (no), she never spoke to me again.

WOW...ridiculous.

Beeks, that's funny since before she closed the blog she made a big deal about how she isn't a Christian herself but is a Torah-observant believer or whatever.

Yeah. Bitch wants to be Jewish, but she won't let people read her blog unless they're Christian? Hilarious.

I just looked it up to see exactly how she asked and she said:

"Are you Christian? Torah Observant? Neither?"

I replied that I am Jewish (didn't clarify observant or non-observant).

That was the end of that! So I suppose you do have to be a Christian to be her buddy.

I'm friends with Taliban Tony on FB and there have been a lot of interesting exchanges on his wall.

from his brother:

hey dude, ginny said she is never going to talk to you again for the rest of her life, and dad will most likely never talk to you if you dont call him... and i actually have to delete you from my life because you live in TX......so yea im not really sure if you have a family anymore....just an FYI...

from his sister:

AJ, thanks so much for calling me on my 18th, yes EIGHTEENTH, birthday. It meant so much to me!

Paulina Prieto When was your bday, Emily? AJ didn't tell me! Happy belated birthday! I hope you enjoyed it :)

Emily Dodd Lina, thank you for the belated birthday =] It was on Monday, but the reason AJ didn't tell you is because he forgot. So my post is actually sarcastic. I think he is soooooo in love with you that he has completely forgotten about us

from another female relative:

Aj Dodd

Hey AJ, this is Jo Jo hacking into you account. I just wanted to say that I miss you and I love you a lot and I really miss you a lot. And you forgot to call me and Ginny and Mason on our birthdays.....so your brothership is on the line and the tribe has almost spoken. But I still kinda miss you.....a lot! Love Jo Jo

Apparently TT is the leave and cleave kind of guy and his family is NOT HAPPY about it. Wonder if there is any resentment towards Lina b/c of it.

Guest Anonymous
I'm friends with Taliban Tony on FB and there have been a lot of interesting exchanges on his wall.

from his brother:

hey dude, ginny said she is never going to talk to you again for the rest of her life, and dad will most likely never talk to you if you dont call him... and i actually have to delete you from my life because you live in TX......so yea im not really sure if you have a family anymore....just an FYI...

from his sister:

AJ, thanks so much for calling me on my 18th, yes EIGHTEENTH, birthday. It meant so much to me!

Paulina Prieto When was your bday, Emily? AJ didn't tell me! Happy belated birthday! I hope you enjoyed it :)

Emily Dodd Lina, thank you for the belated birthday =] It was on Monday, but the reason AJ didn't tell you is because he forgot. So my post is actually sarcastic. I think he is soooooo in love with you that he has completely forgotten about us

from another female relative:

Aj Dodd

Hey AJ, this is Jo Jo hacking into you account. I just wanted to say that I miss you and I love you a lot and I really miss you a lot. And you forgot to call me and Ginny and Mason on our birthdays.....so your brothership is on the line and the tribe has almost spoken. But I still kinda miss you.....a lot! Love Jo Jo

Apparently TT is the leave and cleave kind of guy and his family is NOT HAPPY about it. Wonder if there is any resentment towards Lina b/c of it.

I'm so jealous of you. I find Taliban Tony to be hilarious and terrifying in equal parts. I'm too lazy to make a fundie alter ego facebook and he'd never friend my corset and pants wearing feminist self on my real one. He would be TOO ASHAMED!!! that a woman could act the way I do.

Wow. So much for his supposedly great relationship with his family and all the respect they have for him.

I never really followed L but a lot of her ramblings reminded me of a girl trying to find herself in her teenage years. She was different from other fundies because I never got that her family was into the whole SAHD thing and seemed to act towards her newfound devotion in the way most parents would view their daughter coming home with pink hair or plastering her whole bedroom with posters of Edward from Twilight, "Meh, a phase." I don't know, her early posts were always about how she loved G_d but T coming a' courtin' kind of made the whole thing real. I guess what I'm trying to say is I honestly don't know if this is what L wants or just a stage that she's in in life. She's 19, right? Man, if I was still the same person I was at 19 I'd be a groupie for Marilyn Manson and live in a trailer with a man named "Buffy" rather than having a Master's degree and 4-door Sedan... just sayin'.

I know a lot of FJers were concerned about L and she took it as a personal attack and invasion of her privacy, but this kind of stuff scares me. If T would ditch his family (and again, I don't know if he has or what it was about AND it's not my business seeing as how it's on his friends-only FB) I am still concerned for L because she HAD put herself out there as a figure commenting on a lifestyle and I worry that in a few years, this may not be the life she signed up for.

I miss her blog a lot because it was my favorite one ever. I wanted to know how she was going to convert to Judaism when held Christian beliefs. Of course, I was curious about her and Anthony. Could the above posts from his family be harsh, sarcastic joking? I don't know but somehow I think not.

OMG, his yarmulke in her Facebook pic. :|

I agree that Lina seems like someone who is young and really gets into something and her tastes quickly change. I just hope that she doesn't get herself into something bad and hard to get out of.

I have access to her blog...I'm not sure how long back her blog went private, so I don't know how far back yall need updating.

Wait -- you still have access to her blog? I think she went private approx. 2 mos. ago... so updating since then would probably be much appreciated by Lina fans. I actually found her kinda boring, but I know there are a lot of people who loved her blog and would love an update.

LIna sort of fascinated me how she tried to be a SAHD without having her parents be on board with any of her decisions (since one of the central positions of SAHDom is parent worship). I think she really really wants to be married to AJ already so she can submit to him and stop submitting to parents who don't really care if she's a submissive daughter or not, and in fact wanted her to go to college or get a job and stop acting like a little princess in a tower waiting for a husband to rescue her.

Also she and AJ trying to do the whole courtship model without a lot of guidance so LIna kept trying to make a big deal of how pure they were while also kind of falling head over heels not with AJ himself it seemed but more with the idea that she was going to get married and finally have the life she wants. She kept calling him her beloved and betrothed even if they're not engaged or anything (but I'm guessing it's just a matter of time... a pity we don't get wedding planning details. I wonder how faux messanic jews marry?)

So looks like TT's parents find his whole way of living nutty since he basically went faux jew on them and has moved out of state to marry some girl he met on the internet and has only interacted with in person a handful of times. I can only imagine how that wedding will be when they bring both of the families together since their parents and siblings are not fundie in the least, but they try to so hard to portray this fundie SAH lifestyle when its them really calling all the shots.

I never really followed L but a lot of her ramblings reminded me of a girl trying to find herself in her teenage years.... I don't know, her early posts were always about how she loved G_d but T coming a' courtin' kind of made the whole thing real. I guess what I'm trying to say is I honestly don't know if this is what L wants or just a stage that she's in in life.

Exactly! Your late teens are a time to explore these things, make mistakes, learn, and move on. You know, getting married to a fake jew is not nearly as out there as some of the things me and my friends did back then. I honestly think that Lina has a good mind of her own despite this patriarchy thing (which was driven by her own interests not forced on her. My guess is that when she comes against something that rubs her the wrong way about it, she'll flip flop and go back to her parents). I hope she can find some peace.

I did end up marrying my teenage boyfriend - but after we'd lived together for years and both finished school. We were VERY different and wound up, as we got older, becoming more alike than different. I'm aware that it's rare to do that, though, and would never hold myself up as an example of a teenage relationship maturing into an adult marriage. It was pure luck.

I was hoping that Lina's parents would put their foot down and tell her to move out or start school full time or do SOMETHING besides sit on her @ss and wait for her Prince Charming. Tony is scary, from what I've seen him write, and I can't help thinking that he appeals to her because he'll give her all the authority and creepy "guidance" that her parents wouldn't.

Archived