IGNORED

I miss Michelle

clarinetpower

at farmhijabi. She posts so rarely now, and about such uncontroversial things. I miss her weirdo Catholic stuff and her weirdo transformers stuff and most of all I want to know how she's doing health and mental health wise. She was really putting herself out there for a while; it took guts. I was really hoping to see some progress or something, but there's not much there.

Just had to say that. Anyone else been watching?

I miss her as well. I've always felt for her a little. Not to mention, am fascinated by her religion, survivalist rants and strange Transformers fetish.

Odd that she took down all of her diet posts. Perhaps she didn't want to be held to them and to pretend that little episode never existed? It seems like she has a pattern of being super enthusiastic at the beginning, put too much pressure on herself to stick to the program and subsequently burning herself out.

Guest Anonymous

Yes, I have been checking in on her blog too. I have been following her for years, since before she married Erland and moved to Orkney. For a long while she blogged on a dedicated BBC website, bringing together Scottish bloggers from all over the Highland and Islands and they used to have fun with her...

I find her fascinating. So much of what she posts is absolutely hateful, and yet she also seems very fragile, human and funny with it. I wondered how the dieting adventure would go. I remember her posting long tirades about the dangers of dieting on a forum years ago; she specifically attacked me because I talked about losing weight slowly with Weightwatchers. :) I think she felt very disappointed in me because we had previously 'bonded' over talking about kitcheny things. She always was over-the-top enthusiastic - I sent her a link to a UK website where she could get some old-fashioned soap she wanted and she posted back the whole list of scrubbing boards, washtubs and goodness knows what else she bought.

I hope she is doing OK - I especially feel for her kids and hope she accepts the local services that are available to them. She seems to be very loving and creative in her parenting, from the little she has posted but I could well imagine her having an enthusiastic homeschool-planning session, buying up half of the educational resources on Amazon, and then sinking into another depression and having the children sit in playpens all day long....

Me too!! Maybe since she finished the craft room she is busy crafting? I need more pics of her and the kids doing things and less of what she is doing in art clases. It has to be hard with 3 babies and living in such a remote area with few friends who believe as she does.

Maybe she has toned it down with the headcovings and such?

What was she like before she got married? I find her fasinating as well.

Michelle posts on her DeviantART blog pretty regularly. You may or may not be able to find her under the name "sheepslave". ;)

She can't figure out cross hatching? Or different pencil hardnesses? :shock: Oh my. She has a loooot of work ahead of her. I hope she sticks with it, though, there's nothing like a good "I couldn't draw a cube and now I draw photorealistic portraits!" story. She does seem somewhat optimistic about it, that's always a good thing. I might add her to my watch list so I can see if she makes an progress.

She's got a new post up with a picture of her children, and of herself in a prairie dress with a bonnet. Honestly, I think she'd look better in modern clothes, she said that the dress is her go to town and church dress. No wonder she thinks people talk about her.

Her children are adorable though. I hope that her husband is treating her well.

Awwww,her kids really are cute. :) Her new outfit would be ok without the apron and bonnet. The bonnet is over the top. She can wear it around the farm because a hat is probably practical,but going out to town in that is just for attention. I love hats and I wear them everyday in winter and alot in the summer. A cute summer hat or light beret covers your hair just as well and noone is going to look twice at you. A headscarf(tichel style) tied in a big knot looks nice and normal. Why the bonnet?

I think she retreats into this set-apart stuff (clothes, religion, etc.) because she has never fit in with modern society, no matter how hard she tries, but blogs about all of it because she still desires to be respected and loved and is looking for it from others. She just makes me sad. I wish I lived nearby and could just be a friend to her, a normal friend who accepted her (but respectfully argued with her about the evil mean whackadoodle stuff.) I have a friend with a similar personality, and she just needs people to like her. She acts much more normal when she feels accepted.

In my opinion, many women (myself included) do need the reassurance that we are fabulous the way we are.

I think she retreats into this set-apart stuff (clothes, religion, etc.) because she has never fit in with modern society, no matter how hard she tries, but blogs about all of it because she still desires to be respected and loved and is looking for it from others. She just makes me sad. I wish I lived nearby and could just be a friend to her, a normal friend who accepted her (but respectfully argued with her about the evil mean whackadoodle stuff.) I have a friend with a similar personality, and she just needs people to like her. She acts much more normal when she feels accepted.

In my opinion, many women (myself included) do need the reassurance that we are fabulous the way we are.

Michelle seems like a smart woman and maybe a bit bored with just the babies for company everyday. I am glad to see she is taking the art classes,hopefully she will meet a good friend to hang out with because one good friend would help her self esteem.

Last night my best friend and I were at the roller derby and we were deciding which derby girls we most resembled. She would pick the ones obviously WAY skinnier than I am and say "that one looks like you" and I would pick the tallest,skinniest,blond one and say it looked like her.( which is true,she is tall,skinny and blond). Anyway, a good friend will always make you feel better about yourself. :dance:

Archived