IGNORED

My Housewife Life

chiccy

Awhile ago I discovered "Jen" on Youtube. She has a channel called My Housewife Life where she talks all about being a housewife. She looks and sounds very young, apparently mid-20s. She doesn't work or have any kids; she basically just has a lot of money and time.

She talks about what she does with all that money and time, her routines, her exercise schedule, how she keeps her houses organized, etc. And how she grooms her dog. She has three channels: one about the housewife life, one about organizing, and one about her dog.

She reminds me of a fundie in that she is quite solipsistic and takes inordinate pride in the quality of her routines and systems. She's nice, but distinctly weird. It seems kind of like the hubby is older and is a sugar daddy more than anything.

They take a lot of vacations at Disney World. She is obsessed with Disney and runs in a Disney Princess half-marathon. It is strange.

I'm envious of the beautiful house, seemingly endless money and free time, and her organizational skills, but I'm sort of rolling my eyes at her hyperconsumption and the fact that she doesn't seem to have much to do but shop, organize her purchases, and groom her dog.

Still, I like her. She seems sweet, and her videos are helpful. I learned a lot from the Thanksgiving house tour... she seriously thought of everything in her setup.

This stuff is like crack to me. I think this is going to replace fundies as my new addiction.

Archived