IGNORED

Parents Favorites... Duggars and Bateses

Deleted07

Do you think parents like The Duggars and The Bates actually have favorite children?

I always suspected that Jill was the favorite in Duggarverse. In articles and such, Michelle always seems to be saying 'Jill does this, Jill says that" ... In terms of Bates I think its Erin who is the favorite there.

What are your thoughts/opinions?

Of course they do, the ones that toe the line are on the favourite list. The ones that question and otherwise have minds of their own are not. The ones that chose a life outside of Fundie/quiverfull no longer exist once they leave the compound.

Michelle's favourite is Josie. On the Discovery health site, they had to reveal their favourite episodes. Jim-bob diplomatically chose '20 years 20 duggars' which featured not only their 'vow removal' but listing all their children. Michelle's episode was josie's birth.

Of course they do, the ones that toe the line are on the favourite list. The ones that question and otherwise have minds of their own are not. The ones that chose a life outside of Fundie/quiverfull no longer exist once they leave the compound.

Not necessarily, I mean Michaella and Jana don't get much attention and they are the stereotypically subservient QF wives of the future...

Michaella and Jana are workhorses that keep their parents homes running.. big job for their age. Erin is the little princess that surely doesn't work hard since she has her "music career". Jill is like the perfect little ATI-girl that makes the whole cult look like something nice and likeable!

The favorite child for the Duggars is whomever is providing them with some quality that enhances their own lives at that given moment.

I'd say Josh or Jill for the Duggars. Definitely Erin for the Bates.

I think Alyssa is trying to get up to Erin's level though... her hair is getting bigger every time!

I'd say Josh or Jill for the Duggars. Definitely Erin for the Bates.

I definitely think Josh is the Duggar Golden Boy. He has hewn pretty strictly to the party line. I believe J'chelle sees Anna and the grandDuggars as competition but despite that, I think Josh himself gets a lot of love the others don't and won't.

Not necessarily, I mean Michaella and Jana don't get much attention and they are the stereotypically subservient QF wives of the future...

Yeah but Jana and Michaella are wimmin! They aren't going to be favourites until they start popping out arrows.

ETA: terminology error.

i think that Jill and Josie are tied for michelles fav. I think Jim bob loves his kids equally but is more affectionate towards Jana. Remeber when his father died and in the spisode he shared a special moment with Jana, she had done the video for the funeral and while jimbob was watching it they both broke down and were hugging. I think since its his first daughter they have something special....

I think Michelle favors Josh since she actually had to raise him with no outside help and he was probably fairly demanding. I would think Jimbob probably doesn't have a hard and fast favorite but more favors certain kids for a variety of reasons but it's mostly the oldest kids. Such as I bet he bonds a lot with John David when they're working on a project together or loves that Jana and Jill are such obediant daughters.

Michelle's favorite is the newest baby, whoever it happens to be at the time. This includes babies in the womb.

Jim Bob seems to favor Josh and the four older girls. John-David and Joseph are like his employees and the rest of the kids are like nieces and nephews he plays with occasionally.

It's hard to say about the Bates family, since we don't see them on a regular basis. Yes, Erin does seem like a favorite, but is it because her parents truly prefer her over the others or is it because the TV producers are choosing to showcase the pretty daughter with the musical talent?

It always seems to me like there is a special bond between Michelle and Josh. At one time Josh was Jim Bob's fair haired boy, too, but lately Jim Bob seems to favor Jessa. I'll bet neither of the parents can name the kids between Jer and Jed and Josie without a cue card.

Well, many parents do have favourites so it wouldn't surprise me. However can toe their party line and who they relate to the best. My guess is they probably favour the eldest children because they probably know those children more and had a better chance to bond. They've thrown the last few off before they could walk to an older sibling to care for them. Minus Josie, who Michelle had to spend time and really bond with in the beginning. If any child is favoured, the other children would know. Children know those sorts of things even when it's not said. They know when mom or dad likes Sally or Timmy more. Not loves more, but likes them more.

Archived