IGNORED

Gothard and sodomites

Rachel333

I was trying to confirm what I've heard about Gothard being obsessed with "sodomites" (apparently he especially liked to discuss men's grooming and talk about which styles were those of sodomites), and I found this book: http://www.amazon.com/All-American-Boy- ... 0025953621 Has anyone here read it? It's by Scott Peck, a gay man the son of Colonel Fred Peck, who famously said in 1993 that he loved his gay son but he had no place in the military. (Here's an old article about it: http://www.nytimes.com/1993/05/17/us/su ... all&src=pm ).

He apparently was involved with Gothard. Here's the link to the book on Google: http://books.google.com/books?id=mc9kCI ... &q&f=false You can read some of the book, including the chapter that starts on page 113 and discusses Gothard a bit. This was a long time ago and I'm sure things have changed a bit since, but it still shows a lot about the kind of education these kids are getting. "And Christians should not study other schools of thought or religion, particularly philosophy, because, brother Gothard assured us with a casual wave of his hand, Socrates and the other Greeks were rampant homosexuals.

*puts classicist hat on*

Actually, Socrates and other Greeks were not homosexual. Our ideas of gay\lesbian\bisexual are modern ideas.

*takes hat off*

But of course, I'm talking about Gothard. So what do I know?

The way I was taught about Sodom and Gomorrah was that they practiced necrophilia, bestiality, sexual violence, incest, gang raping, pedophilia, pederasty, and all other sins such as cruelty and murder.

The way I was taught about Sodom and Gomorrah was that they practiced necrophilia, bestiality, sexual violence, incest, gang raping, pedophilia, pederasty, and all other sins such as cruelty and murder.

Yeah, so imagine my surprise when I found the verse about the sin for which Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed was that of lack of mercy and justice towards the poor...

Yeah, so imagine my surprise when I found the verse about the sin for which Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed was that of lack of mercy and justice towards the poor...

yep but that would not be nearly dramatic enough now would it? But it would also make it look like god is a asshat.

Yeah, I've always thought of Sodom as cautionary tale about gang rape being bad, but what do I know? Apparently the evil extends to consensual gay relationships too.

yep but that would not be nearly dramatic enough now would it? But it would also make it look like god is a asshat.

Doesn't destroying the cities make him look like an asshat nonetheless?

Doesn't destroying the cities make him look like an asshat nonetheless?

well yes but for unfriendliness it is even worse. but if that's the case why has he not taken out most of the fundy royalty?

well yes but for unfriendliness it is even worse. but if that's the case why has he not taken out most of the fundy royalty?

:clap:

I didn't meant I took it seriously, even when I was young I didn't took everything the bible said literally. I didn't even believed in Santa Claus that much.

Archived