IGNORED

Manhood Perished Not.

onlyorganic

The interns are too busy to notice the huge riffle on Doug's Blog on 12/26:

Wait for it...

The Tianic 100 International Centennial Event

The Christian Boys’ and Men’s Titanic Society and Vision Forum Ministries is pleased to announce that In 2012, on the anniversary of the day that “manhood perished not,†more than 700 Christian men, women and children will gather for a 2-3 day experience dedicated to the perpetuation of the doctrine of “women and children first†—an event complete with plays, movies, music of the era, dynamic messages, vintage clothing, mysteries and more. Come as you are, or come in vintage Titanic era clothing. Join us on our own floating “steamship†for our grand banquet event to occur exactly 100 years to the date and hours of the final night of the R.M.S. Titanic. Act quickly to reserve your spot with the Titanic 100: The International Centennial Event to be held in one of America’s most popular vacation spots, Branson, Missouri, April 13-15, 2012.

Okay Dougie... seriously? The doctrine of "women and children first"? Where does he get these ideas? I wasn't on the Titanic but if he thinks that men were seriously so willing to give up their lives based on some Christian ideal he has in his head, he is sorely mistaken. "Manhood Perished Not", yeah Doug let's celebrate all those people who died and the fact that you believe it was a chivalrous event rather than a tragedy in human error. Maybe they can get director James Cameron to speak at their event because I believe Rose and Jack makin' love in the old car before I believe the smoke and mirrors you spout. Frankly, this "celebration" offends me. Good ole' Branson... you don't let me down with the shitty family entertainment you allow.

What exactly does the "doctrine of women and children first" mean in the context of this specific gathering (in costume if you want!)? Does it mean that women and children are first in line at the buffet table? Does this mean women and children get the front row seats? Does this mean that women and children will NOT have to wait in line at the bathroom?

I guess he's talking about the upper classes because the steerage passengers had a snowball's chance in hell to get on the life boats.

I wish someone from our ilk would go and call him out and cite actual facts.

What an azzhat as well as

DOUG PHILLIPS IS A TOOL!~

This is just an excuse for Doug to play dress up! He won't be dressing up as some poor soul from steerage either. You can dress him up but...

Doug Phillips is still a tool!

He is milking the hell out of the deaths on the Titantic. Can't he come up with another event in which men gave their lives to save women and children.?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pellagra

Maybe he should celebrate Pellagra. Wikipedia is not a good source but I grew up with a southern grandmother who did tend to baby my brother because he was male. I can believe that men were given better food, not because they were the primary earners but because that was part of southern culture at the time. Oh wait. That hurts his image of men putting women first. :roll:

In the research conducted between 1900 and 1950, it was found that the number of cases of women with pellagra was consistently double the number of cases of afflicted men.[9] This is thought to be due to the inhibitory effect of estrogen on the conversion of the amino acid tryptophan to niacin.[10] It is also thought to be due to the differential and unequal access to quality foods within the household. Some researchers of the time gave a few explanations regarding the difference.[11] As primary wage earners, men were given consideration and preference at the dinner table. They also had pocket money to buy food outside the household. Women gave quality protein foods to their children first. Women also would eat after everyone else had a chance to eat.[citation needed]

Mere words can't possibly express how laughable I find DP's relentless, all-consuming focus on his MANhood. Once again, methinks the gentleman doth protest way, way, way too much.

Maybe he should have titled it "first class women parished not". I had two relatives on the Titanic - one a first class passenger who went down (but I think his wife and maid survived -roll eyes) and one a steward who survived. Romanticizing tragedy is disgusting.

This is just an excuse for Doug to play dress up! He won't be dressing up as some poor soul from steerage either. You can dress him up but...

Doug Phillips is still a tool!

How much you wanna bet he dresses up like the captian?

I think this was sort of discussed before. First class men perish not above the second class men and second class men perish not above the third class women. The poor women and children shalt not deserve to live. They matter not.

WRT women getting shorted on food and whatnot - I watched the 1940's House that the BBC did a few years ago, and they pointed out that towards the end of the war, many women were not able to get enough to eat. Fighting men were given priority in the rationing, then children, then women - so it was hard for women to have enough to eat. The participants in the TV show talked about eating a slice of bread and an apple peel so that the kids could have a proper lunch. On top of that, women were expected to have Rosie-the-Riveter type jobs, care for the children, care for the "victory garden" and do all the "make do and mend" stuff, all on very little food. Not fun.

Further, the wife of a relative of mine experienced WWII as a child on the German side. She was sent off to a farm (can't remember if it was to escape the bombings or as part of a Hitler youth work party thing) where the patriarch ate steak/meat every day while the rest of the family, including the refugees, ate nothing but potatoes. The potatoes were boiled and drained and then literally dumped on the table while the patriarch ate his meat from a plate.

None of that is "women and children first."

Gawd, I hope so because the captain went down with his ship. Not that I'm in any way glad that the captain died but I would like to see Dougie re-enact that in the same temp of water for the same amount of time.

Doug Phillips is a fucking tool. I hate you with the passion of a thousand suns for treating real war heros the way you did and now with the Titanic tragedy. Doug Phillips is a fucking, asshole tool.

Do you think Dougie could be self-denyingly gay?

Cause in a way he sounds like a negative version of Oscar Wilde.

I don't think he's doing the best job of the 'self-denying' part when he keep organizing these man romps.

This ridiculous Titanic worship is really quite grotesque. I mean, sure 1500 people died, but hey, if we just fudge some facts we can pretend that it was the height of the wonders of Good Christian Behavior. Never mind all of the steerage women that died. Never mind that only one ship's officer went back to fish more people out of the water. Never mind that a disproportionate number of British people died because they had been trained so well to queue, whilst everyone else shoved on ahead.

(I think he's just in it for the costumes, which in fairness, are pretty wonderful).

Do you think Dougie could be self-denyingly gay?

Cause in a way he sounds like a negative version of Oscar Wilde.

I was looking through past freejinger posts the other weekend in an effort to learn about the crazy fundieness (and, more importantly, to put off writing a particularly daunting paper :lol: ). There was a thread on which fundies people thought might be in the closet. I'm pretty sure almost everyone said Dougie (and those that didn't probably thought it was too obvious to be worth mentioning).

edited because everyong is not a word.

It's just another Doug Phillips dress-up game. Only the people he assigns roles in his pretend world actually exist as people; everyone else is a faceless doll. Like the seven out of every ten children traveling in steerage who died in the cold and the dark, with their lungs full of water.

Every fucktard is called philips, phillis, phelps, phillips, or stg like that?! No offense to sane people with one of these names though.

I'd bet - but really, deep down, I think DP wants to dress up as Rose.

Hmm. Since Knight in Shining armour is lurking around and has no qualms about dishing on his friends, perhaps he could come and explain how this doesn't make Dougie a tool.

And I so can't wait to see Dougie all dressed up. But you know he isn't going down with the ship.

Guest Anonymous

I'd bet - but really, deep down, I think DP wants to dress up as Rose.

Nah, he wants to dress up as Cal, but he'd have eyes for Jack, not Rose.

Nah, he wants to dress up as Cal, but he'd have eyes for Jack, not Rose.

Oh my goodness, you're right! I stand corrected! :)

This event reminds me of the scene where Rose asked Astor if he had read Freud and his theory of the male ego.

It just goes to show that Phillip's emphasis on "Women and Children First" is just an excuse to show off his egotistical, phallic worshipping nature. And in return of saving the women and children, he would want, surprise, all the women and children to be submissive under "God's" (secretly, his) authority.

But where is Phillip's urgency to save the steerage and servant passengers? They were the biggest group of people who died who were aboard the Titanic...

The steerage and servant passengers didn't have cool outfits for him to copy and wear. They can drown.

God, this is such bullshit. "Women and children first" wasn't the rule--it was one officer on one side of the ship. On the other side of the ship, the officers loading the lifeboats would take anyone who wanted to get in, men included, because guess what? People didn't want to get off the ship. Seriously, it's the middle of the night, the crew is trying to keep everyone calm by just saying it's a precaution, this ship isn't tipping that much yet and hell, it's supposed to be unsinkable. Who'd want to freeze their ass off in a tiny boat for nothing? So on the less crowded side of the ship, if men wanted to go? Hell yeah, get in the lifeboats, not like there aren't more places that aren't being filled at all.

If Dougie really wants to dress up, he should do so as J. Bruce Ismay, head of the White Star Line that owned the ship and one of the people who knew the ship was going to sink and that there weren't enough lifeboats on board. He stepped into a lifeboat as it was about to be lowered and no one shouted "women and children first" at him.

[/titanic nerd rant]

Any ideas for future manly romps for Doogie?

Hmm, wonder if he fancies recreating the movie 'Alive'...

Doug Phillips is a tool!

Archived