IGNORED

Christmas Dinner Fundie Styl

NurseNell

Someone posted on the Jeub's blog that one of their Christmas traditions is this meal:

salisbury steak (frozen entree,) instant mashed potatoes and veggies-- feels like a fancy dinner, but really very little prep time.

Feels like a fancy dinner? It's practically :character-spamcan: Instant mashed potatoes? Gag me with a spoon.

edited to add the first s to salisbury

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering mashed potatoes are pretty damn easy to make from scratch, this is seriously lazy.

What, a Hungry Man Dinner? What's up with fundie moms not knowing how to fix a decent, God-fearing, made by hand meal??

Especially as it's their people who've created a whole "college" degree centered around homemaking.

Yuck. I'll admit that I'm usually too lazy or busy to bother cooking but even I go all-out for special occassions.

Great, I left the e off the word style in the subject line. I need to just go to bed.

gah cannot stand instant mash! As terranova said its So easy to make and tastes so much better, plus potatoes aren't even expensive! So I really don't get there train of thought there...

The rest of the food sounds like a normal everyday basic cheapo frozen meal stuff...Which look we are all probably guilty of doing that maybe once a week, but I mean for CHRISTMAS!? How hard is it to get a predone rolled turkey with stuffing inside? They are usually reasonably priced tasty and filling! Or if you're not a turkey fan, a nice Ham simply glazed and such with just some special sides and trimmings....

We just had our Christmas lunch, we had glazed Ham, scallopped potatoes, potato salad, regular green garden salad, coleslaw, pasta salad, plus some fried chicken. I thoroughly enjoyed it! and we will have leftovers for a few days, which I LOVE!!!

Someone posted on the Jeub's blog that one of their Christmas traditions is this meal:

Feels like a fancy dinner? It's practically :character-spamcan: Instant mashed potatoes? Gag me with a spoon.

edited to add the first s to salisbury

I can't get over the "feels like a fancy dinner."

ETA. I wouldn't feed that meal to people I hated even. Gross.

They could at least spring for the Bob Evans prepared side dish- Mashed Potatoes you buy at the grocery store. Those are almost as good as homemade. I think the baby Jesus is seriously honked off if you think instant mashed potatoes are fit for his Birthday celebration. Stingy, stupid fundies.

I'm starting to believe that they think decent food is unholy and you have to SUFFER for having your stomach filled. Spam? The last chunks of joints and muscle tissues they scrap off the bones. So are tubesteaks, cheap burgers, 'vieners'. Actual Vieners are expensive, tasty, juicy and pure meat. I cannot believe that they won't make decent food for christmas. I'm all against feeding the children crap, even on weekdays. What is it that stops them for whipping up apeetizing meals? It cannot only be their budget, there is no way they could not afford something festival yet moderate in price. Even Whiskas catfood is more decent and yummy looking than what these ppl feed to their children.

ETA. I wouldn't feed that meal to people I hated even.

A-hahahahahahahahahaha!!! :) (These people punish their tender children through their stomachs)

I often wonder how often these people get the runs from this horrible slop!... sorry couldn't help myself!

That can be really funny esp since we know they have 11 bottoms for 1 WC in average. It's so holy and godly to eat crap food and then feel it run down to your ankles.

I know right! We have two toilets, and only 3 people in our household, and suprisingly the other morning I woke up to BOTH toilets being occupied! I couldn't believe it! lol!

Especially as it's their people who've created a whole "college" degree centered around homemaking.

Seriously. The whole idea of congratulating yourself on being the Bestest! Homemaker! Ever! when you're throwing instant mash on a paper plate is ridiculous. I wish the next Duggar season would take the family to observe how most families without a bajillion kids actually function: working mothers & fathers (married or single) serving up a normal hot supper on real plates and having a nice conversation.

All this talk is starting to make me think my MIL's recipe for "Beanie-weenie tropicana" is high-class grub (I just threw up an my mouth at the mere thought!). For those who really want to go there, it's hot dogs, pork and beans, and frozen concentrated OJ and pineapple chunks. Probably also has a few other ingredients, too, but I was too scared to ask for :mrgreen: more specifics

All this talk is starting to make me think my MIL's recipe for "Beanie-weenie tropicana" is high-class grub (I just threw up an my mouth at the mere thought!). For those who really want to go there, it's hot dogs, pork and beans, and frozen concentrated OJ and pineapple chunks. Probably also has a few other ingredients, too, but I was too scared to ask for :mrgreen: more specifics

I googled for pictures, none. Googled for recipe, only cookbooks came up. Thhis food is meant to kill people, right? Like in the old days, in eastern europe they got rid of female toddlers and thinned out the number of kids by letting them suck on cucumber dipped into sweet milk. They died within 48 hours of dehydration. (by this i mean they puked and crapped the daylight out of themselves)

I just had another bathroom related thought... (don't know where my head is today to be thinking of this - sorry!) But I bet you they buy that horrible cheap nasty sandpaper like toilet paper in bulk... You know the stuff thats so stiff you could seriously make origami or something... My workplace used to get that stuff until we got a female manager! *shudders* *

I just had another bathroom related thought... (don't know where my head is today to be thinking of this - sorry!) But I bet you they buy that horrible cheap nasty sandpaper like toilet paper in bulk... You know the stuff thats so stiff you could seriously make origami or something... My workplace used to get that stuff until we got a female manager! *shudders* *

Someone on the other side of the world likes you very much!!!! :banana-stoner: :banana-stoner: :banana-stoner:

BTW I always keep a packet of wet tissues and hankies in my pockets in case I need to go. At home, la loo is a sacread place. I clean all 3 of them they are disinfected, TP is soft, good smelling, 4 layered, with floer rints on them. Even colorful. Now I got bunnysoft Korean TP, cute box, like kleenex. If shitting is part of life, let's bring the most out of it.

This thread has made me LOlwhile I potter in the kitchen, making Christmas dinner for 11. We have DH's entire family here, we're not normally a large group. However, I am -gasp - managing to make everything from scratch by utilising my army of (adult) helpers. The meal in the OP, I wouldn't serve to the dogs who are here for Christmas.

For people who make such a big deal about training homemakers, that's not very impressive cooking... I'm an agnostic feminist with three degrees and a job,and put far more investment and time in making meals, especially for the holidazs.

That has to be a Poe. I mean...really a Banquet micro meal?

What I don't get is why the Duggars, Jeubs etc don't have large gardens, keep chickens and maybe a few other livestock. The main reason people had large families back in the day was not only b/c lack of birth control but they needed labor for the family farm. My grandpa was the 12th of 13 kids, and those kids all helped out on the farm. I know there are the homesteaders who do have farms, but they seem to be a subculture within the fundie world.

Archived