IGNORED

Christmas Dinner Fundie Styl

NurseNell

I wouldn't feed that to my kid even if I was mad at him!

Last night my sister (who was drunk by then), my ex brother-in-law, and I made a prime rib roast, sinful mashed potatoes w/ sour cream & chives, green beans w/ almonds, cranberries & carmelized shallots, and traditional yorkshire puddings and it was EASY. Dinner was an hour late because we were laughing so hard we couldn't concentrate on what we were doing, but everything was awesome.

We could afford such a feast because we don't have 13 kids :twisted:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are ways to be cheap and feed your family better than that! Hell, I made dinner for my family (5 people) and my SIL's 3 kids last week....we had red beans and rice and corn bread and I think it cost $3, believe me it tasted better than microwave salisbury steak and instant mash! (not to slam salisbury steak...we eat it sometimes).

What I don't get is why fundies eat so many processed foods....They use the kids a slave labor and I would think that the headships would want a 50's style dinner on the table, so WHY is everything in a can and microwavable?

Some fundie needs to create a line of frozen dinners--fundie style. Maybe call them Fundie Made--God Approved........or From God's Kitchen to Yours.

this is serius crap food. processed food for christmas would piss jesus off big time.

Not to mention, its probably not Kosher, so it'd piss him off even more... :lol: :lol:

My rock n roll loving, black clothes wearing, video game playing, feminist daughters(ages 15&13) volunteered to make Christmas dinner. No one wanted a traditional meal so they are making ribs. It isn't what most people have for Christmas dinner but we are looking forward to the meal.

Are the Jeubs doing so poorly that frozen salisbury steaks look like appropriate fare for a feast? If that is one of their best meals, what are they eating the rest of the year?

They could have bought a bag of potatoes, cut them in chuncks and roasted them in the oven. That is very simple and far tastier than instant mashed potatoes.

Hopefully, he is joking about the menu.

I eat a lot of quick and easy food because I am too uninspired to cook for myself during the week. Yet, even my quickest fix Monday night dinner isn't that pathetic.

Someone posted on the Jeub's blog that one of their Christmas traditions is this meal:

Feels like a fancy dinner? It's practically :character-spamcan: Instant mashed potatoes? Gag me with a spoon.

edited to add the first s to salisbury

Damn, that is one sad Christmas dinner. Buying ground beef and making hamburgers would be more authentic and dignified.

As for me and my son, we are making potee auvergnate, green beans, and I made a chocolate cake roll with whipped cream filling for dessert. The potee auvergnate is a French peasant dish with all sorts of pork (bacon, sausage, fresh and smoked pork chopes) and veggie (potatoes, cabbage, carrots, onions and white beans). He had to make this for his French class for a presentation on the Auvergne region and it was a big hit with him and the class. So we are going to Po-tay tonight! :D

Well. I hate to admit this, but we're having Philly Cheese Sandwiches tonight.

Mr. Donks works 12 hour days as a State Correctional Officer and he has an hour drive both ways. He won't be home til 8ish tonight.

Our 'fancy meal' will be next weekend, he'll have Friday, Saturday and Sunday off. I'm deciding between fixing a ham or beef wellington. Whichever I fix,it will have homemade side dishes.

My rock n roll loving, black clothes wearing, video game playing, feminist daughters(ages 15&13) volunteered to make Christmas dinner. No one wanted a traditional meal so they are making ribs. It isn't what most people have for Christmas dinner but we are looking forward to the meal.

Are the Jeubs doing so poorly that frozen salisbury steaks look like appropriate fare for a feast? If that is one of their best meals, what are they eating the rest of the year?

They could have bought a bag of potatoes, cut them in chuncks and roasted them in the oven. That is very simple and far tastier than instant mashed potatoes.

Hopefully, he is joking about the menu.

It wasn't the Jeubs having this, it was one of the readers who posted a comment. She outlined their whole Christmas day, hour by hour.

For people who make such a big deal about training homemakers, that's not very impressive cooking... I'm an agnostic feminist with three degrees and a job,and put far more investment and time in making meals, especially for the holidazs.

That has always stuck out to me. These fundamentalists talk about giving their daughters a Ph.D. in homemaking and then teach them to make tater tot casserole and instant mashed potatoes?! I could make tater tot casserole and instant mashed potatoes when I was a godless sinful single woman living out of the umbrella of protection of my male relatives and trying to figure out how to manage a tiny apartment. You just follow the instructions on the package, for crying out loud. Do any of these people even know how to mash a potato? Or make white sauce from scratch?

You just follow the instructions on the package, for crying out loud. Do any of these people even know how to mash a potato? Or make white sauce from scratch?

But you see, you know how to read :geek:

Spaghetti would have been just as cheap and easy, and taste loads better. Ph.D in homemaking my ass, I will take on any of these SAHDs and fundie moms any time. I have a Ph.D and a black belt in homemaking and I work full-time too. I have even made my own dishwasher detergent because I didn't have time to go to the store. TTC and the like are a joke and insult to good cooking.

S I have even made my own dishwasher detergent because I didn't have time to go to the store. TTC and the like are a joke and insult to good cooking.

Recipe for the dishwasher detergent please.

I totally thought it was a witty homage to the SODRT

you're right, was just waiting for someone to notice. :liar:

Well, I'm in Budapest which shuts DOWN for Christmas, so we thought we were gonna starve. Instead the lady and I scraped our pennies and splurged on dinner in an expatriate frequented cafe. We had goulash, cabbage and sausage yumminess, olive ciabatta bread and their version of a greek salad (basically cucumbers with feta cheese).

Which, for the two of us, was like 14 American dollars. It was amazing and a true Christmas treat and I'm sad the Jeubs are sitting there eating shit and feeling holy about it. And I'm even more sad they'll never get to Hungary and try goulash! Unless they're on some weird mission trip, maybe.

We had dinner at my parents last night-turkey, dressing, real mashed potatoes, home-canned green beans, all the fixings. I brought home enough leftovers (I'm an only child, so there was plenty!) for the 3 of us to have today, and I made a pie this afternoon to go with it. I don't mind cooking on Christmas, but if its avoidable, I'd rather pass.

Well since BionicMister and I just returned from 2 weeks in Australia, we will likely be dining out for our 5th (6th?) Christmas meal ... We had breakfast and lunch in Sydney on 25th, 2 meals on plane, a frozen weight watchers meal when I got home and so the finale Christmas meal will have to be at a restaurant as we have no food except kibble....

Perhaps some Peking duck and caroling from the staff at the Chinese restaurant? (I watched some of my fave Xmas flicks on the looooooong flight)

My dad has been in the hospital for weeks. I'm in the middle of making Ina Garten's boeuf bourguignon. When it's done I'll pack it up with real bowls and silverware and take it to the hospital where the rest of my family is waiting. It'll be a nice break from institutional food for him.

Not to mention, its probably not Kosher, so it'd piss him off even more... :lol: :lol:

Well, in Matthew 15:11 and Mark 7:19, Jesus essentially rejects the Jewish dietary laws...so I doubt that the non-kosherness of their food would bother him much. Unless you're talking about Messianic Jews, of course...who knows what they believe...

Well, in Matthew 15:11 and Mark 7:19, Jesus essentially rejects the Jewish dietary laws...so I doubt that the non-kosherness of their food would bother him much. Unless you're talking about Messianic Jews, of course...who knows what they believe...

Sigh... that reminds me.. I miss Lina and Love. Wonder how Christmas was for them.

Feels like a fancy dinner? Who's idea is this? The Duggars?

OK today we had roast turkey, roast potatoes, broccoli, sage and onion stuffing, sausage meat stuffing, peas, carrots, sausage and bacon rolls, cauli and real - homemade from scratch gravy. Nothing came from a packet, all was fresh and we finished off with Christmas pudding (which I made 7 months ago and has been maturing since) and brandy sauce. The only thing that came pre-made was the wine.

Seriously, if you cannot cook, even if you burn water when you boil it, you can do better than that.

Keyla, I would love a recipe for goulash, my man used to get it when he was stationed in Germany and I want to make it for him sometime. I do have the right kind of Paprika.

We had ham, mashed potatoes, mac n cheese , green beans and crescent rolls. We have ice cream for later. I don't consider that a complicated meal at ALL.

I grow my own potatoes ( 200 lbs this year) tomatoes (500 lbs, canned em all) onions, squash and sundry kitchen greens with varying degrees of success. I can and cook from scratch constantly to keep our grocery bills down. How the hell do these women even get off on calling themselves homakers? Salisbury steak SUCKS!

Archived