IGNORED

Fundie blog you will all appreciate - Wride Family

tkr322

They're Mormon and are on their 8th kid. I've read back through some of her entries and here are some highlights:

-At one point all her kids had bronchitis or some other infection. She only paid for meds for a few of them and let the other ones "tough it out" :shock:

-Her kids appear to have carseats circa 1982. Also, in some of the pictures she posts, her children are not in carseats and sometimes squished with 5 in the back, sitting on laps, the floor, etc.

-She left brownies sit in the oven once for a week and when she rediscovered them she promptly fed them to her children.

thewridefamily.blogspot.com

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. I can't believe she went and got her camera to take pictures of her little girl crying after being spanked.

Wow. I can't believe she went and got her camera to take pictures of her little girl crying after being spanked.

Its terrifying how some people seem to take joy in spanking their kids. Its not normal.

Yeah they don't even make those T-shield car seats anymore. It's very old and not safe. (12 years straight of buying and researching car seats here).

Here is what she has to say right off the bat about her 8th "blessing": "When I first saw her, I though "troll" and "toad". She is just an adorable & funny looking little thing like all newborns are, all scrunched up and wrinkled like a mini Rumpelstiltskin."

Yes, that is exactly what I think when I first see my child after being born, too :roll: She also did not name this kid for 3 days after it was born and eventually made her husband pick a name. I'm wondering if she just didn't care or if he is the only one who gets to decide?

I hope her daughter never knows mom not only took her picture after spanking her, but PUBLISHED them on the world wide web!

I'd have some serious trust issues if I were that little girl.

And here are 5 children sitting in the back seat, absolutely none of them have on seat belts: thewridefamily.blogspotdotcom/2011/05/and-adventure-continues.html

Also it appears they only own that one car seat. You'd think with 8 kids they could figure out that car seats expire and you need to buy new ones and not reuse the same one over the span of 8 kids.

I hope her daughter never knows mom not only took her picture after spanking her, but PUBLISHED them on the world wide web!

I'd have some serious trust issues if I were that little girl.

Seriously. And mom acknowledges "...And she doesn't know why I'm taking pictures of her right now..." --- ummm, no kidding! If I was that little girl, I would want to know why mom is photographing me right now and not comforting me.

Oh, I know. My parents have some pictures of me crying when I was little (not after a spanking or anything) and I can look at them now and laugh. I doubt that little girl will ever be able to do the same. Also, my mom didn't post them for all the world to see...

Okay sorry with the car seat obsession but this is even worse. This woman has no concern for her childrens' well being: thewridefamily.blogspotdotcom/2010/12/samara-drive-down.html

AND

thewridefamily.blogspotdotcom/2010/12/family-car.html

My 2 cents right now as I'm basking in this lack of strict law enforcement of seatbelt laws... you're gonna die when your gonna die. If your work is done on this earth, God will take you home. He'll let you drown or let you get sick, if he needs you he'll take you. (knock on wood that no kid dies at the beach tomorrow) - So always choose the right and say a prayer of thanksgiving for another day of life. I survived my youth of driving around sleeping on a pillow in the car, we survived our time in Brazil driving around this way, and once again with a prayer and putting our lives in His hands, we are safe at home and have been safe while Corey's been gone. We're doing the best we can in our current circumstances.

Still, I'll admit, this is definitely not the safest way to drive with a 5 year old, huh? Wesley would surely be the first go through the windshield in an accident. And not only am I driving at night with a child straddling the stick shift, but as has probably occurred to you by the very existence of this photograph, I'm talking a picture of myself while I'm driving that way. Praise the Lord we are all alive to tell the tale. Forgive me for my recklessness. ...although I'll probably do it again tomorrow.

And let's not forget the 7 and 8 year olds here who are asleep in the front passenger side of the car equipped with airbags. (That one was also taken by me while I was driving... doh! Bad Mom.) Thank you all for your prayers, I'm sure it's YOU that are keeping us alive! Thank you and we love you all!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yes, lady, I'm sure law enforcement will agree with you if one of your children should, God forbid, die while not buckled in. NOT!

"In my spare time I like to hold up metal poles during lightning storms, lie down in the middle of busy intersections, and shove my hands in piles of used needles!"

Oh, I know. My parents have some pictures of me crying when I was little (not after a spanking or anything) and I can look at them now and laugh. I doubt that little girl will ever be able to do the same. Also, my mom didn't post them for all the world to see...
I kinda wonder about that at a lot of the "mommy blogs" out there - fundie OR not. It's people documenting every day of their kids' lives with tons of embarassing pictures because, well, their kids are of course the cutest and smartest kids to ever walk the planet, in their eyes, but it will be interesting when their kids get older, want to redefine themselves (and pretend to their friends that they've been cool and sophisticated for their entire lives, like most kids), and then hit the internet to find all that backstory just out there in public.

I kinda wonder about that at a lot of the "mommy blogs" out there - fundie OR not. It's people documenting every day of their kids' lives with tons of embarassing pictures because, well, their kids are of course the cutest and smartest kids to ever walk the planet, in their eyes, but it will be interesting when their kids get older, want to redefine themselves (and pretend to their friends that they've been cool and sophisticated for their entire lives, like most kids), and then hit the internet to find all that backstory just out there in public.

My blog w/ stuff about my kid is there for a few reasons. one: it keeps my relatives who live far out "in the know" so I've gotta make it public because they don't have blogs themselves that they can log into.

Also, i'm a forgetful SOB, I WILL forget his childhood if I blink. But I don't put pictures of my kid after a spanking (we don't' spank)

Here's a picture of the car seat for any wondering minds: thewridefamily.blogspotdotcom/2011/09/checking-in.html

A few photos later, another kid is standing on the tile floor at McDonald's, barefoot. Gross.

That really scares the shit out of me. Did you guys see the pictures she's got up in that particular post? It's dark out, she's got two kids in the front seat, unbuckled, a kid "straddling the stick shift" and laying against her arm/shoulder and she's taking pictures of it all while driving. She's putting her life, her "blessings" lives and other driver's lives at risk. She's even acknowledging how dangerous it is and that she knows better, she just doesn't care. Seriously, I think she might be some sort of crazy...

I think there is at least one more baby seat - there's this one:

thewridefamily.blogspot.com/2011/10/snow-and-veggiebaby.html

Although I hope to god they aren't using it to transport the baby in. *shudder* That's not rear facing, right? And where would they even put it?

Of course, even if the cars don't kill them, there's always the 50 dollar trampoline off craigslist that will do it:

thewridefamily.blogspot.com/2009/08/best-50-bucks-weve-ever-spent.html

With no safety equipment and more than one person on it at a time. (Not that you can make those death traps safe, but there is at least "not quite so likely to cause instant death".)

I think there is at least one more baby seat - there's this one:

thewridefamily.blogspot.com/2011/10/snow-and-veggiebaby.html

Although I hope to god they aren't using it to transport the baby in. *shudder* That's not rear facing, right? And where would they even put it?

That looks like a rear-facing infant seat.

On the same post, there is a pic of her daughter playing in the snow with sandals on. Start making screen captures now, because I can bet that someone here is going to find something CPS-worthy (the carseat issue might be just on its own) and she is pulling down the blog as soon as she notices the extra traffic.

Yeah, she definitely needs CPS called on her. Or at least someone to educate her on safety. I can't believe she puts all that stuff out there though for anyone to read.

I hate the defense that "oh I did it and survived so it's ok". Um, yes my family also used to travel and let us lay on the floor and watch movies, no one knew any better. No way in hell would I do that with my kids now, even if it was fun for me as a child. Their lives are much more important to me than whether or not they're having an enjoyable car ride.

I'm looking through this blog and I agree with others on some of the safety issues. Fundie families reusing car seats is pretty common. A friend of mine lived in Utah when her husband was stationed there for the Air Force. She is a nurse and worked at general practice clinic while in Utah and she used to use Mormon families coming in sometimes with dated car seats. Some other fundie bloggers here have shown pictures of them using older car seats.

Also in this pic, it seems some of the kids are sleeping in pack and plays (ala the Duggars)

http://thewridefamily.blogspotdotcom/20 ... -ever.html

Regarding her 2 year old daughters broken leg ( which happened on the trampoline, big shock that it is):

Probably not very responsible parenting on my part that I'm considering not bothering with the cast, huh. Well, that's how I my brain malfunctions with 7 of these kids working on me all day I guess.

Regarding her 2 year old daughters broken leg ( which happened on the trampoline, big shock that it is):

!!! For real?!?

Archived