IGNORED

Obstetrician Offers Michelle Duggar Advice

debrand

1.Mrs. Duggar, you are 45 years old and have what’s known in obstetrics as Advanced Maternal Age. This condition predisposes you to several high-risk conditions including pre-eclampsia, preterm labor and a host of other issues.

2.You’ve carried 19 children in your uterus and its muscles are stretched to the max. Post-partum hemorrhage lies high on the list as a future complication and is the most common cause of maternal death in the industrialized world.

3.You’ve also had a cesarean section and now have the potential to have a placental abruption (early placenta separation from the uterus) as well as a placenta accreta (the placenta sticks to the uterine incision and is extremely difficult to remove).

The Bible says to go forth and multiply and you’ve followed directions well. Now pat yourself on the back and give your body a well deserved rest. You escaped serious harm because of Divine Intervention and a skilled medical staff. Please, do not push the envelope.

http://drlindagalloway.wordpress.com/20 ... ant-again/

That is a good blog post. I think a lot of OB's would say the same thing, but Mullet would never listen to them. There have been rumors about Michelle doctor shopping.

Hasn't she had 3 or 4 Cesareans?

The risks are so high with this pregnancy, the questions is not *if* something will go wrong, it is *what* will go wrong.

She was doctor-shopping way back when she was pregnant with Jackson. She's had 4 c-sections and Dr. Sarver claims that her uterus is in great condition. Is she saying that because the cameras were on her or is Michelle Duggar really a freak of nature with an iron uterus?

She was doctor-shopping way back when she was pregnant with Jackson. She's had 4 c-sections and Dr. Sarver claims that her uterus is in great condition. Is she saying that because the cameras were on her or is Michelle Duggar really a freak of nature with an iron uterus?

With my third c-section (5th child) my uterus was beginning to rupture when they went in. Feet were sticking out of the separated scar tissue! With my 4th (and final) c/s, the doc did an amnio at 35 wks which said the baby was mature and they took her the next day. My uterus was paper thin and he barely had to cut to get her out.

I can't even imagine what hers looks like.

i think dr. sarver is full of it. i think she just wants the fame and the money.

and, to show my support, i commented :D

Now THERE's an idea for a reality show. :shock:

what is it that's telling me it would be a japanese show?

A Japanese game show?

Oh God. :shock:

and that same something tells me that michelle duggar would win. every. fucking. time.

A Japanese game show?

Oh God. :shock:

「ãŠç”£ã®é‰„人ã€ã ã£ãŸã‚Šã—㦠:shock:

Seriously though the show "Iron Chef" which is what I was punning on was copied from the Japanese show 「料ç†ã®é‰„人ã€("ironman of cooking" basically) so yeah, it kinda works! :D

「ãŠç”£ã®é‰„人ã€ã ã£ãŸã‚Šã—㦠:shock:

Seriously though the show "Iron Chef" which is what I was punning on was copied from the Japanese show 「料ç†ã®é‰„人ã€("ironman of cooking" basically) so yeah, it kinda works! :D

i love the japanese iron chef better than iron chef america. for one, the host is actually less charismatic and dramatic. for second, i <3 sakai :romance-inlove:

Whose uter-een reigns supreme?

Do we have any candidates beyond J'Uterus and Kelly Bates? I'm sure there's some lady in the African bush who's had 15 or so without medical intervention (of course, if she's lucky, half survived).

Do we have any candidates beyond J'Uterus and Kelly Bates? I'm sure there's some lady in the African bush who's had 15 or so without medical intervention (of course, if she's lucky, half survived).

i hate to say this, but...what about octomom? after all, EIGHT at ONCE...like, srsly :shock:

never heard of them, but they seem to be pretty cool! are there any more recent articles?

*edit* saw the edit after i posted. poo, i was hoping that someone could have not only given them a run for their money but be cooler, too.

With my third c-section (5th child) my uterus was beginning to rupture when they went in. Feet were sticking out of the separated scar tissue! With my 4th (and final) c/s, the doc did an amnio at 35 wks which said the baby was mature and they took her the next day. My uterus was paper thin and he barely had to cut to get her out.

I can't even imagine what hers looks like.

I had a similar experience - third s/c, third kid. My old scard had split and I had a paper thin membrane holding eveything together. Thank goodness it was a planned c/s -my Dr. said one contraction would have caused a rupture. Plus, we had complications and a very good scare when our daughter was born. Nothing like the whole Josie nightmare, though. For the record, J'ichelle, I had my tubes removed, my husband still loves me and I didn't walk out of the hospital into a firey pit of hell. Think about it.

i hate to say this, but...what about octomom? after all, EIGHT at ONCE...like, srsly :shock:
There's at least one picture on the internet of Octomom while pregnant, baring her belly, and let's just say... it is pretty amazing. :shock:

There's at least one picture on the internet of Octomom while pregnant, baring her belly, and let's just say... it is pretty amazing. :shock:

i know the picture you're talking about and that's EXACTLY what i was thinking of when i posted that! :shock:

My neighbor is one of 23 children, same Mom and Dad. They are African American. They were all single births, no twins. All the children reached adulthood but 6 or 7 have since died. Almost all of the children went to college. The father was a master chef and AME minister, mother was also a chef. They were from Kansas City (not sure if KS or MO). My neighbor is 65. Most of the family is here this week for a funeral of my neighbor's 39 y.o. daughter. The surname is Sampson, many are still in the Kansas City area as well as in Oklahoma, and of course MN.

My neighbor is one of 23 children, same Mom and Dad. They are African American. They were all single births, no twins. All the children reached adulthood but 6 or 7 have since died. Almost all of the children went to college. The father was a master chef and AME minister, mother was also a chef. They were from Kansas City (not sure if KS or MO). My neighbor is 65. Most of the family is here this week for a funeral of my neighbor's 39 y.o. daughter. The surname is Sampson, many are still in the Kansas City area as well as in Oklahoma, and of course MN.

awesome! not only do they have the duggars beat, but they're not fundy, they're well-educated, and they're a minority! [i only bring up the minority bit because i think the duggars might think that's a bit of a dig]

I know a man who was 1 of 23 kids too but he was a triplet and his parents had most of the kids removed due to neglect. Mind you this man is now a bit older than Dimbulb but not by much.

I knew of a lady (from Tonga where big families are common -- I had other friends from there and the smallest family I knew personally had 9 kids) who was one of 27 children, all from the same parents.

Some of the French Canadian families from way back when could have Jichelle beat. Heck, my great-grandmother would have Jichelle beat for pregnancies. The ones we know about had Jichelle beat. There were probably more. This was back in the 30s though and my great-grandparents lived on a farm. A lot of the babies died though. The last pregnancy was really high risk and (spoiler, not for the faint of heart)

It was a set of triplets but only one survived. The other two were crushed in utero by the surviving triplet

Archived