IGNORED

Atheist Group Tries To Stop Prayers at High School...

lilwriter85

Ugh. When will they get that in the US, public school means no official prayers?!

In some regions of the U.S. they will probably never get it. Alabama and other southern states have had incidents like these before and people really never learn.

I love how they are like "Christians are under ATTACK!" Yeah, cuz you all are the ones required to sit through someone else's church service at every football game.

“I would think that any other prayer from another religion would not receive this kind of negativity.â€
HAHAHAHAHA - Yeah, I bet if an imam led a Muslim prayer, there would be NO protests or insults, everyone would be quiet and respectful, and they would all bow to Mecca. ;)

:lol:

I'm reminded that the case Santa Fe School District v. Doe (US Supreme Court, 2000) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Fe_I ... st._v._Doe was brought not by atheists, but by Mormon and Catholic students and their parents who were basically being cut out of the praying before football games.

Why don't these people get back in their prayer closets, like Jesus said (Matthew 6:6)? It's not about prayer but about asserting power over those who are not of your faith by having sanctioned public prayers.

If I were at that football game, when they told everyone to bow their heads for prayer, I'd get up and crawl through the bleachers to get to the food stand. And I wouldn't be quiet about it.

I love how they are like "Christians are under ATTACK!" Yeah, cuz you all are the ones required to sit through someone else's church service at every football game.

I seriously can't believe this part of it all! No, you're being asked to stop marginalizing others, you fools.

I love how he says if other religions prayed they would not be attacked so. I can't imagine the reaction if a Muslim prayer was said before a football game there would be a riot. Do people really think god protects football players and causes them to win?

My son played football for a Catholic high school, a Christian Brother's school no less, and they didn't have prayers before football games.

There was a similar request made by the same group to stop prayers over the loudspeaker at football games in MS near where I live.

The local response is just sad. So much pearl clutching and wanking about being persecuted.

They can't stop prayers. Any person can pray at any time, there's nothing to stop them. They just don't want the ritual to be imposed on everybody.

If I were at that football game, when they told everyone to bow their heads for prayer, I'd get up and crawl through the bleachers to get to the food stand. And I wouldn't be quiet about it.

I do that! Though I am quiet about it.

I have no problem taking advantage of the hundreds of immobilized people in a crowded area in order to make some headway on foodz. :obscene-drinkingcheers:

I also enjoy keeping my head up and observing people during a prayer. People's faces can be pretty funny.

Archived