IGNORED

Trump 62: Jack Smith Is Hot On Grandpa Ranty's Case

GreyhoundFan

It seems grandpa Ranty isn’t getting much sleep these days. 

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Haha 1

He has another one that he's posting about how only 115 million votes were cast so, somehow, Biden got 40 million illegal votes.  I think around 154 or 155 million people voted so I'm not sure where they came up with the 115 million number.  He's not just grasping at straws now.  He's grasping at thin air.

And I'm actually pleased that no one did a Biden hat.  That's a cult thing -- not a voter thing.  I don't remember any baseball caps saying "George H. W. Bush - 1988".  There were always pin on buttons but you didn't have this much merchandise in previous elections until Donald.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

It's all sports teams to certain people. And more about personality than play, like, to further the analogy, the color of their uniforms, the favorite crowd cheer, the snacks the stadium is best known for. Deep down, a majority of people want the same problems fixed and the same rights established. But they've been taught to think that's only true of their side, or more specifically, that only their side will score the goals to get them these things, Boo other team. 

And, uh, their merch isn't as cool, I guess. I've been following politics for 50 years and up to this guy, I don't remember much other than bumper stickers, yard signs, and pins and buttons. So I guess there is a contingent drawn specifically to trucker hats, t-shirts with pithy vulgar sayings, and cardboard cutouts of their kingpin plastered to the inside of their car window, who were waiting for this man to appear. 

• Upvote 8

image.thumb.png.27fc507e1a6f401abcc7ecf4dcfaecd7.png

• I Agree 4
  • Thank You 5

49 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

More cartoon distraction for an individual who couldn't or wouldn't do a better job at keeping a million people from dying of COVID-19 in the US.  One example of many.  He also couldn't spell "hamburger" (I know, trivial).  Or "stolen" (not).

Shouldn't a superhero have been able to do these things?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

His minders really should give him a Fisher-Price toddler phone.

• Upvote 10

Totally not a cult 

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 4

I know we've discussed this before about Trump being obsessed with his poll numbers because it makes him feel like he's winning.  It's just getting on my nerves in a major way.  

Every day there are posts about how far ahead he is on various polls.  They don't even have to be legitimate.  He posted one from "CatTurd" for Gawdsakes.  

Hey, Donny -- those polls don't mean shit.  You can be ahead in a poll but it won't keep you out of prison or get you off the hook for your crimes.  It won't even win you votes.  It's a poll, shithead.  

Then again, all he has are polls, fantasy drawings, and pathetic ads developed by braindead MAGAts.  He can't spell.  He has a limited vocabulary.  He's not exactly playing with a full deck.

(Did he mean "sick puppy" or did he really just mean "sick puppet"?  That doesn't even make sense.)

• Upvote 8

49 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Totally not a cult 

Um....what is this image! Are the "revolutionaries" walking on the burning coals and ashes of the white house??

This guy is unhinged. And people are probably looking at this and going "yeah!" 

God I really just want him to cut  a deal and go away. I think that's about the only situation where we don't have to listen to this bullshit til he dies.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

I think the best thing would be to set up one of those dementia villages just for him and a few of his followers who wish to be acolytes, where they can just have him give speeches and hand out hamberders in safety, and pretend he's going places in a big car that just leaves and then circles back to a different area of the village. 

• Upvote 17

Grandpa Ranty must have heard that there are new problems coming his way.

Screenshot(14698).png.908b4e31739a2eb0257652eddb2ff07b.png

The part that bothers me is the "Do the people of this once great nation even have a choice but to protest the potential doom of the United State of America???"  Is he still hoping for a mass gathering at the Capitol?  Where is this giant protest going to occur and exactly what does he think it will do?  Does he just want bodies in between him and any police coming to arrest him?

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Xan said:

The part that bothers me is the "Do the people of this once great nation even have a choice but to protest the potential doom of the United State of America???"  Is he still hoping for a mass gathering at the Capitol?  Where is this giant protest going to occur and exactly what does he think it will do?  Does he just want bodies in between him and any police coming to arrest him?

Looking at his posts, with the burning Capitol and Trump as Washington images, and his continuous calls for massive protests and impending doom, it's pretty obvious he really, really, really wants to start a revolution-- or to be precise, a hostile takeover of the nation. I think 1/6 gave him the bigliest high of all highs, and he's almost masturbatorily fantasizing about it happening again and becoming not president, but a veritable god-emperor to an adoring and worshipful citizenry.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 11

Arizona Secretary of State's Office subpoenaed by Special Counsel Jack Smith in Jan. 6 inquiry

U.S. Department of Justice Special Counsel Jack Smith subpoenaed the Arizona Secretary of State's Office as recently as May as part of his investigation into the events leading up to the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.

Smith's office also talked to GOP lawmakers in the spring about events in the wake of the 2020 presidential election.

The inquiries highlight the key role Arizona played in the 2020 presidential election, where Joe Biden edged out Trump by 10,457 votes — the narrowest margin in the nation. The election has drawn ongoing scrutiny since the polls closed in November 2020, extending to a contentious state Senate review of Maricopa County's presidential ballots and numerous lawsuits.

The subpoenas to the Secretary of State's Office were not previously publicly known. They sought information related to two lawsuits, one from Trump's campaign and another from former Arizona Republican Party Chairwoman Kelli Ward, that alleged errors and fraud in the 2020 presidential results.

A spokesman for Secretary of State Adrian Fontes said the law firm of Coppersmith Brockelman, the outside counsel which represents the office, complied with the requests.

Despite Smith's subpoenas to the secretary of state and lawmakers, the special counsel apparently has not reached out to former Gov. Doug Ducey, a Republican who played a pivotal role in certifying that Joe Biden won the presidential race in Arizona.

Ducey, talking to an unnamed donor earlier this year, marveled that Smith or his investigators had not contacted him, the Washington Post reported. Ducey famously silenced a call from Trump that rang on his cellphone as the governor was certifying the 2020 election results.

The former governor did not directly reply to a query about whether he has since heard from the special counsel's office. His spokesman, Daniel Scarpinato, instead released a statement saying reports that then-President Trump tried to pressure Ducey to overturn Arizona's election results was old news.

“This is nothing more than a ‘copy and paste’ of a compilation of articles from the past two years," Scarpinato said in a statement responding to the Post's story and sent to The Republic in response to an inquiry about the report.

"Frankly, nothing here is new nor is it news to anyone following this issue since 2020. Gov. Ducey defended the results of Arizona’s 2020 election, he certified the election, and he made it clear that the certification provided a trigger for credible complaints backed by evidence to be brought forward. None were ever brought forward.

"The governor stands by his action to certify the election and considers the issue to be in the rear view mirror — it’s time to move on.”

But federal investigators have not moved on from the election, where resistance to the outcome led to protests culminating in the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.

In Georgia, which had the second-closest margin of victory for Biden, Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger has met with federal investigators about Trump's call demanding he “find 11,780 votes" to reverse the election's outcome.

The Fulton County District Attorney's Office has spent more than two years investigating whether Trump and his allies illegally meddled in the 2020 election.

On CBS' "Face the Nation" last weekend, former Vice President Mike Pence confirmed that Trump asked him to talk to Ducey about the election results, but said he had no pressure from the president to find evidence that Trump actually won the Arizona vote.

It is unclear why Smith has not contacted Ducey, if indeed he has not. His staff has sought records and interviews from other Arizonans involved in the election's contentious aftermath.

In May, the special counsel's office sought documents from the Secretary of State's Office related to discovery, proposed exhibits and communications with opposing attorneys related to two election-related lawsuits.

One case, Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. v. Hobbs, argued several voters wrongly had their ballots tossed because they overvoted, or voted twice in a race with only one choice. A Maricopa County Superior Court judge dismissed the complaint, noting there were not enough ballots in question to alter the outcome of the election.

The second case, Ward v. Jackson, was filed by Kelli Ward, then the chairwoman of the Arizona Republican Party. It argued Maricopa County election workers weren't qualified to verify signatures on mail-in ballots and that poll observers weren't present when damaged ballots were replicated.

The court found no evidence of fraud and dismissed the case, which was appealed to the state Supreme Court and then the U.S. Supreme Court without success.

Although the two cases listed in the subpoena involved Maricopa County proceedings, the county attorney's civil division chief, Tom Liddy, said Monday that he was unaware of any recent requests from the special counsel. The county previously was subpoenaed for records pertaining to correspondence with Trump, Liddy said.

Several state lawmakers received subpoenas in February from the special counsel's office, also seeking information about events in the aftermath of the 2020 election. House Speaker Ben Toma said he sat for a several-hours-long interview in Phoenix with one investigator and two FBI agents in March.“They had lots of questions about what happened, who I talked to and so on," said Toma, a Glendale Republican who at the time was the incoming majority leader.

Toma said it was a friendly interview, which he characterized as a "check the box" kind of interaction. He added that he doesn't think he was of much help, since none of the "powers that be" tried to contact him to undo the election results.

Those requests fell on former House Speaker Rusty Bowers, who was facing pressure from Trump allies as well as from some members of the GOP caucus to do something to reject the election results. Bowers rebuffed the requests, saying he never was provided any proof of wrongdoing.

It is unclear if Bowers was subpoenaed by the special counsel; when asked about it in February he said he was advised to not comment. He did not return a request for comment on Monday.

Senate President Warren Petersen, R-Gilbert, as well as two Senate colleagues also received subpoenas in February. The Senate ordered a review of Maricopa County ballots in the presidential and U.S. Senate races in 2021.

Petersen, in a text message, said he complied with a request to disclose communications with a list of Trump allies, of which he recognized only one: Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani. He said he didn't sit for an interview.

Sen. Sonny Borrelli, R-Lake Havasu City, and former Sen. Michelle Ugenti-Rita, R-Scottsdale, also received subpoenas, but have not responded to requests for comment about their responses.

Maricopa County Supervisor Clint Hickman said representatives of the Department of Justice interviewed him late last year and he has not heard anything since. Hickman, along with the other four supervisors, received heavy criticism from Trump supporters for defending how Maricopa County conducted the election.

Hickman was the target of a death threat from a Trump supporter in Iowa. In April, that man pleaded guilty to federal charges of threatening an election official.

A year ago, the FBI subpoenaed Karen Fann, then the state Senate president, and Kelly Townsend, for any communications or records they had concerning Trump's efforts to nullify the 2020 election results. Both women said they complied with the request.

On Monday, Townsend said the questions in her FBI interview were focused solely on which Trump lawyers she and other legislators spoke with.

• Thank You 7

If he can't get representation, doesn't he get a court-appointed one?

• Upvote 8

4 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

If he can't get representation, doesn't he get a court-appointed one?

Maybe it is he won’t get an attorney so he can keep delaying appearing in court 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Looking at his posts, with the burning Capitol and Trump as Washington images, and his continuous calls for massive protests and impending doom, it's pretty obvious he really, really, really wants to start a revolution-- or to be precise, a hostile takeover of the nation. I think 1/6 gave him the bigliest high of all highs, and he's almost masturbatorily fantasizing about it happening again and becoming not president, but a veritable god-emperor to an adoring and worshipful citizenry.

Since he's already in a ton of trouble which doesn't appear to be going away, and he already got them going once, what does he really have to lose?

• Upvote 6

15 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Since he's already in a ton of trouble which doesn't appear to be going away, and he already got them going once, what does he really have to lose?

His grandiose self-image. Now justice is inescapably catching up with him, his fantasy is all he's got. 

Edited by fraurosena
yes, I know I'm reacting to a rhetorical question ;-)
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

Oh dear.  Now Donny is accusing Biden and Jack Smith of being cocaine addicts.

Screenshot(14704).png.311ce87b680c7435a234fe30cd36b3b7.png

When I think he's about hit bottom, somehow he finds a shovel and keeps digging.

• Eyeroll 13

Judge orders release of more Mar-a-Lago search warrant information in Trump classified docs case

A federal judge in Florida has ordered that more information be made public from the search warrant affidavit that led the FBI to discover a trove of classified documents at Donald Trump's Florida resort.

In a ruling Wednesday, Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart denied a request by media organizations, including NBC News, that the entire affidavit be unsealed in the wake of last month's related criminal charges against the former president, but found "additional portions of the search warrant application should be unsealed."

Reinhart said the Justice Department agreed in a sealed filing that some additional parts of the search warrant could be made public, but asked that other parts remain sealed to "comply with grand jury secrecy rules and to protect investigative sources and methods."

The judge said that that DOJ "has met its burden of showing that its proposed redactions of the affidavit are narrowly tailored to serve the Government's legitimate interests and are the least onerous alternative to sealing the entire search warrant affidavit."

It's unclear when the less-redacted version will be filed, or how new the information will be to the public, since it will most likely involve information that is contained in the 37-count federal indictment that was unsealed last month.

Trump is accused of breaking seven different laws, including 31 counts of willful retention of national defense information and single counts of false statements and representations, conspiracy to obstruct justice, withholding a document or record, corruptly concealing a document, concealing a document in a federal investigation and a scheme to conceal.

He has pleaded not guilty in the case, and claimed that he had declassified the documents and that they were his to do with as he pleased.

Reinhart is the judge who signed off on the Justice Department's request for a search warrant on Trump's property in August of last year. He has previously ordered other portions of the search warrant to be made public.

His order Wednesday showed the Justice Department is also seeking to keep under wraps its motion about a limited unsealing of some materials in the case so they could be turned over to Trump's lawyers.

The judge said he would allow that motion to remain under seal because it "identifies investigative steps that have not yet been made public," but he would allow his ruling on the government's request to be made public because it does "not disclose the contents of any discovery material."

Reinhart stayed that order until July 13 to give the government time to decide whether it wants to appeal.

Peter Carr, a spokesperson for special counsel Jack Smith, declined comment.

Trump's co-defendant in the case, aide and former White House valet Walt Nauta, is scheduled to be arraigned Thursday. 

Nice little tidbit at the end:

Trump's co-defendant in the case, aide and former White House valet Walt Nauta, is scheduled to be arraigned Thursday. 

So apparently Nauta does have representation now.

• Thank You 7

1 hour ago, Xan said:

Oh dear.  Now Donny is accusing Biden and Jack Smith of being cocaine addicts.

Screenshot(14704).png.311ce87b680c7435a234fe30cd36b3b7.png

When I think he's about hit bottom, somehow he finds a shovel and keeps digging.

I think he had Jack Smith mixed up with Jr. Easy mistake when one is hopped on Adderal

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

So apparently Nauta does have representation now

Better call Saul

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

So today/recently he posted a supposed address of Obama. And now a crazy guy has shown up in that neighborhood.

And this is ok? 

What scares me about this is not that he tried to send crazies to Obama. Obama presumably has very good security.

But he gave out the wrong address....so now there's a bunch of deranged people who wrote this address down and could possibly at any time in the future decide to go "do something" and they go to this other person's house. Who is this poor other person who Trump basically doxxed?  I hope they're safe.

And I'm struggling to understand why every republican isn't vaguely worried Trump will.turn on them next and send maniacs to their house (ala hang biden).

And at what point legally do these intimidation tactics break a law? Do they ever?!

And lastly- what's the point of sending people to Obama's house? Does he know that Obama is not president? I kinda thought he was clear on that point at least. If his cult followers somehow were able to harm...or just intimidate Obama- that accomplishes what now? Obama's not in charge of any swing state elections or various prosecutions underway.  How stupid can you be?

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 3

Thread under spoiler:

Spoiler

• Thank You 7

On 7/5/2023 at 5:44 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

It kind of reads to me like "Trump will regain the White House about when the aliens turn up".

• I Agree 4

Grandpa Ranty is at it again.

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 4

I find it hard to believe he is not aware of DQ Blizzards. 

• Upvote 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic