IGNORED

New White House Press Secretary Will Be Karine Jean-Pierre

47of74

The White House has announced its new press secretary

Karine Jean-Pierre will become the new White House press secretary when Jen Psaki departs her role next week, President Joe Biden announced in a statement Thursday, becoming the first Black and out LGBTQ person to hold the position.

Jean-Pierre currently serves as the White House's principal deputy press secretary.

"Karine not only brings the experience, talent and integrity needed for this difficult job, but she will continue to lead the way in communicating about the work of the Biden-Harris Administration on behalf of the American people," Biden said in a statement, adding that "Jen Psaki has set the standard for returning decency, respect and decorum to the White House Briefing Room."

Jean-Pierre will formally begin following Psaki's last day, which will be May 13. CNN reported in April that Psaki was planning on leaving her role for one at MSNBC.

Yeah this ought to get Branch Trumpvidians whining.  (Of course said whining is music to my ears).

LargePopcorn.png.6dbc2f0594de5b6c7c34146d17ad43cd.png

Of course I hope she's as skilled at taking Faux News douche cannons apart as Ms. Psaki was.

• Upvote 7

As bummed as I am to see my girl-crush Jen Psaki go, I am ecstatic about Karine Jean-Pierre being named as her successor.  It was truly lovely to see Ms. Psaki become genuinely emotional talking about her friend and colleague when introducing her to the members of the press.  The respect and admiration she has for Ms. Jean-Pierre is clearly very real and very deep.  How beautiful to see two colleagues and especially two women lift each other up professionally and personally.  An excellent set of role models and examples of what all colleagues should strive to achieve was exhibited. 

• Upvote 8