IGNORED

Jed & Katey 3: Jed! the Headship Will Have a New Constituent Soon

nelliebelle1197

She could just not not be due yet/overdue. If she is due 30th April, she would have been 6+3 at the announcement (which was like seconds after the positive pregnancy test). That seems reasonable. 

If she was instead due the 16th April, she would have been 8+3 at the announcement, and I reckon most people find out they are pregnant before that, particularly in a fertility cult. 

I'm leaning towards a late April due date. 

• Upvote 4

On 4/13/2022 at 9:41 PM, Pecansforeveryone said:

The only Duggar child I could see being somewhat comfortable and natural "politicing" is Jessa. To bad that will never happen in fundie-land. 

I could definitely see Jessa as a politician 

According to DuggarData, Katey is due May 2, 2022, according to an Amazon registry.

Jed! and Katey originally said April.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

According to DuggarData, Katey is due May 2, 2022, according to an Amazon registry.

Jed! and Katey originally said April.

Jed's IG post on Tuesday said any day now. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

I'm sure she's extremely ready!  I remember the day before my induction someone told me that I should enjoy it before the baby comes because then everything is harder for the rest of my life.  I was so swollen and sore and looking forward to meeting our daughter that I almost ripped her throat out.  She wasn't completely wrong, but DAMN lady, know your audience.

I hope Katey has a safe and easy attended birth.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

24 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I'm sure she's extremely ready!  I remember the day before my induction someone told me that I should enjoy it before the baby comes because then everything is harder for the rest of my life.  I was so swollen and sore and looking forward to meeting our daughter that I almost ripped her throat out.  She wasn't completely wrong, but DAMN lady, know your audience.

I hope Katey has a safe and easy attended birth.

Lol. I had to get induced for kiddo number two who was eighteen days overdue, and I have vivid memories of the very crunchy birthing centre midwife telling me that "maybe your baby just needs a little bit more extra love". I got very close to strangling her. 

• Haha 1
  • Love 16

I was late with both my babies. I do believe that the miseries of late pregnancy serve to counter anxiety regarding childbirth. I started to regard childbirth as mainly a cure for pregnancy. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 5

4 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Lol. I had to get induced for kiddo number two who was eighteen days overdue, and I have vivid memories of the very crunchy birthing centre midwife telling me that "maybe your baby just needs a little bit more extra love". I got very close to strangling her. 

I think on overdue day #20 with my first,  I actually kicked the car door after an OB appointment. I never went into labor with either of my pregnancies. Had I not had them surgically removed, I think they’d still be in there.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 5

Well Katey isn't late if she's due May 2nd. So close to her due date, it could be any day now.

Most of my friends in my generation haven't been allowed to go more than a week over their due dates by their doctors. Going too far over is dangerous, I'm glad everyone here made it through okay.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I was only overdue 3 days when I had my first. That was more than enough. I was going crazy. Thank goodness 2 came a few days early. I was done with that pregnancy too. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, marmalade said:

Jed's IG post on Tuesday said any day now. 

Well, due dates are really guess dates and the minority of children are actually born ON their due date. As far as I know, anything from 38 weeks to 42 weeks is considered full term and normal so we might not know the official “due date” from Jed’s comment. He might have posted his “any day now” comment at the beginning of week 38 or around Katie’s estimated due date (around week 40). Who knows… 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Some people know their due date with pretty good accuracy. I went through IUI so the doctor was quite positive of the due date. Back in the day before dating ultrasounds, it was sort of a guess. But the accuracy is better now. And going too overdue can cause issues. 

• Upvote 2

I knew my exact date of conception due to the obsessive cycle tracking I'd been doing after 2 years of ttc. I went over by 2 days and that was 2 weeks and 2 days too much for me. I gained about 40lbs of fluid in the last month or so that I lost in the first 2 weeks postpartem. I thought I'd never stop peeing.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

I was overdue 2+ weeks with my first (June baby) and 15 days with the second (BORN ON AUGUST 28TH), definitely a long Summer. Thankfully, I had very easy pregnancies aside from going overdue with each one. The worst part about being overdue were the constat calls enquiring about the baby, and my husband going back to work before the first was born. I did envy people who had their babies a few days early!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

My son came on his duedate, so did my friends son the day after. My niece was also born on her duedate and my husbands best friend also had his daughter on the duedate. All in the same year.

So we have a very punctual family/friend group 😁

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

I knew the exact day of conception of my twins... and that was a very long pregnancy... The day I woke for my (last) appointment I BEGGED to be taken that day.. I was OFFICIALLY full term pregnant at 37w1d... Babies were large and healthy.. I was SO READY and I loved the numerology of the birth date.  Dr refused saying I was not dilated or effaced and I was *made to carry these babies till 38 weeks*.. I flicked him off as I fiercely and slowly waddled out of the office door.. I know he laughed at me.... So I was thrilled when only a few hours later baby girl kicked her first *hole in the wall* and I got the birthdate I wanted!  lol 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 9

Early term is 37-38 weeks

Full term is 39-40 weeks

Late term is 41 weeks 

Post-term is 42+ weeks 

As you go beyond your due date the risk of stillbirth remains small but increases. Babies born early term or postterm are more likely to have difficulty controlling their body temperature, blood sugar abnormalities, and some other problems. Babies born late are more likely to pass meconium or the first bowel movement inside which can cause breathing problems.

Increasingly doctors and midwives will offer an induction of labor any time after 39 weeks when the risk for stillbirth is low and babies generally do the best. 

• Upvote 6

I was well aware of the risks of going over term back then, which is why I was constantly monitored at the hospital. But it's a mistake to think that once you get induced you'll have your baby. I got induced for the first time at Day 14 past my due date, but it took a full three days for labour to start anyway, because they started me on a lower dosage and increased it with every day. When I finally went into labour I had pretty much resigned myself to a C section.

• I Agree 2

My cousin was overdue and her son had meconium aspiration. I believe the chances of it happening goes up when you are overdue. Her son is fine now, thankfully. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

My son came on his duedate, so did my friends son the day after. My niece was also born on her duedate and my husbands best friend also had his daughter on the duedate. All in the same year.

So we have a very punctual family/friend group 😁

A friend of mine had all three kids on their due dates between 10-10:30 a.m. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 13

I knew exactly when my son was conceived (IUI), and he was born only 3 days past his due date. Still, he passed meconium and had some breathing problems. I also had an amniotic infection during labor which may have contributed. He spent 72 hours in the NICU.

Based on that I asked for an elective induction for my second. He allowed me to have it as early as 39 weeks, but I asked for it the day after my due date. With both my inductions, the baby was born about 12 hours later even though I wasn’t in labor myself. With my second, I got another infection but it happened after I delivered so I was the one who ended up sick (and in pain) while baby was healthy thank goodness.

I feel like if I had lived before antibiotics, I would have lost my son and I would have lost my own life after having my daughter. My husband thinks that’s a dramatic way to think of it but he wasn’t the one writhing and screaming from pain.

Edited by BensAllergies
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 10

Also, because of risk factors when you are overdue, you go to constant appointments and have many ultrasounds. Like a poster above, I ended being induced with the first which led to a c-section. At 42 weeks I opted for a c-section with the second. Both of the kids were unfavorable presentations (posterior and facial) so I’m sure that contributed. I also wonder if I have an unusually shaped uterus, or just was unlucky with the presentations.

• Upvote 3

My oldest was 6 days overdue. I was induced because my OB was concerned about his size and I was past my due date. I had been doing IUI for 2 years at that point so I knew conception date pretty accurately. I'm glad we didn't wait any longer, he was 9lbs 9oz.

With my second I had placenta previa. My OB said "common practice" was to deliver by CSection at 36 weeks but I really didn't want to have a preterm baby if possible. And because I hadn't gone into labor with my first naturally  she allowed me to attempt to go to 39wks with bi-weekly monitoring and the understanding that if I began spotting at anytime I was to go to hospital for immediate delivery. I thankfully made it to 39wks with no complications for my CSEction. 

• Upvote 8

I was due April 12, 2020 with my IVF-FET baby, so I also knew the date exactly - to the eternal consternation of the nurses at my OB's who would not allow that I hadn't had a period before I got pregnant!

Because it was the beginning of the pandemic and they didn't really have any testing available, the MO at my doctor's office was to schedule an induction anytime after 38 weeks. If a patient came in for the scheduled induction with a fever or covid symptoms, they'd send you home to quarantine for a time before rescheduling. My doctor offered to schedule me at 38w5d. I wanted to go into labor spontaneously, so I scheduled it at 40w5d and never went into labor on my own. After 18 hours I was complete and ready to push when my poor double-cord-around-neck baby needed to get out asap and I got the c-section.

My doctor warned me that the hospital may ban any partners to be in labor and delivery (it had happened in NYC around then), so that was my big fear. It's so weird looking back because we didn't have masks on at any time outside the OR! 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

My first one was born during a very long, very hot summer. His due date was August 29th but I went 11 days overdue. I was induced and he finally decided to leave. I was so, so done with this pregnancy.

My second one was born in summer 2020. Luckily she arrived 9 days before her due date only 4 hours after I went into labour. I had to wear a mask the whole time and while I was pushing the doctor came in to take a covid test. A strange time to give birth.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1