IGNORED

Animal Planet Documentary Series about Missouri Fundie Homesteaders

NachosFlandersStyle

Stumbled across this family and would love to see their show but I can't find more than a few brief clips online. The Haumessers are crunchy fundies who had an off-grid farm outside Eminence, MO (I don't know why the article says they're in the Rockies, they're in the Ozarks). They had a few episodes on Animal Planet but, according to one of their facebook pages, decided to quit after the mom and step-dad began the process of a divorce. Anyone seen it? Or know where I can watch it? Or just know anything about the family? I'm familiar with the area where it's filmed so I'm especially interested.

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/missouri-mountain-family-152183/

9 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

The Haumessers are crunchy fundies who had an off-grid farm outside Eminence, MO (I don't know why the article says they're in the Rockies, they're in the Ozarks). 

Hahaha, some intern or harried writer just googled “Missouri Mountain” and found a peak in the Rockies with that name.

It’s actually a 14er in Colorado, an appropriate place for what some might call a vacation!

Edited to add: The Maxwells climbed it!!

https://blog.titus2.com/2017/09/01/missouri-mountain/

Anyone else think that the Smyths are furious that another family in the Ozarks got a Reality TV show first?

There are a lot of off-grid types in the area, I guess because it's relatively lawless and isolated without being, like, life-threatening. And it's pretty cheap. I know a lot of hippies whose dream is to live off the land in the Ozarks, lol.

There are also a lot of fundies in the region (this is just hours from the Duggars) but I don't have the sociological background to explain how that came to be.

Archived