IGNORED

Kavanaugh/Blasey Ford Sexual Assault Allegations Hearing

Cartmann99

3 hours ago, fraurosena said:

The truth will come out.

But will it even matter? This has gotten me down. I feel almost like I did the morning Trump won. Evil isn't even hiding anymore, they are doing all this in public and nothing is stopping them. I have no hope for a blue wave. They aren't fighting Russian interference in our election they are practically encouraging it to make sure they keep control. 

12 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I am not voting for Feinstein again. She and all the other "lifers" need to go. It's time for fresh blood and a different attitude.

Yep. The ways they have always done things isn't going to work in the world of Trump. We need new people who will inspire voters and will think way outside the box. That is the only way to defeat the current rot in Congress and the White House. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 6

I've seen tweets where people are mockingly saying the group made the bus at home in someone's basement.

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

But will it even matter? This has gotten me down. I feel almost like I did the morning Trump won. Evil isn't even hiding anymore, they are doing all this in public and nothing is stopping them.

I think I might actually feel worse than I did that morning. At least then it didn't quite feel real for me right away.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1

OK, my friends. I had my pity party for myself yesterday. I done with that. Yep, I feel really sad, but the Right is counting on that. They want us to feel defeated. They want us to give up. They want us to not vote. They want us to feel helpless. Nope. We can’t let that happen. I vow today to be so aggressive that they won’t know what hit them. I am mad as all hell, and I am ready to kick some ass. Seriously. I woke up today and said to myself, “Fuck them. If they want a fight, they got one.”  

I told my husband to have bail money ready. I am willing to get arrested protesting if that is what I have to do. I am done playing nice. The Democrats need to fight back and stop playing nice. You can’t deal with these assholes with a smile and handshake. 

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 11

I just finished reading an article at CNN. They are currently estimating that the vote will start around 3:30pm ET.

• Upvote 3

I'm absolutely going to fight and take this election seriously, but I also think I need to take a few days off of political stuff for my own sake.

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 5

Outbursts in the gallery.  If I was there, I wouldn't be able to contain myself. 

I am sick over these goobers.  Cannot wait for election day.

• Upvote 10

There are many more good men in the world, than those few loud mouthed horrible ones. And they are standing up, and they are showing what good men, real men, are. 

"November is coming!"

• Upvote 18
  • Thank You 1

Watching the vote and crying.  Those voices from the protesters are killing me.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Mecca said:

They want us to feel defeated. They want us to give up. They want us to not vote. They want us to feel helpless. Nope. We can’t let that happen. I

I'm not going to give up calling and voting, but it is so hard not to feel helpless. I have Tillis and Burr representing me, no amount of calls from me will help. It feels like even if we don't give up and we give it all we got, they have been planning this so long that it will be very difficult to fight back and win. They have stacked the odds in their favor and will keep power as their base shrinks. They don't care about the American people or America. We are dealing with power hungry people who have no morals and have realized there is nothing stopping them from doing what they want. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

I was just talking to my mom, who is very conservative, and she is disturbed by all this too and believes Dr. Ford. We obviously disagree about a lot of political issues, so it was at least nice to agree on this. Not having a Supreme Court judge who has assaulted women really shouldn't be a partisan issue, though.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

This is so depressing. There seems to be no ray of light here. I don't see him getting impeached either. Maybe we can change term limits, but I have a sick feeling we will be stuck with this monster forever and that America as we know it has be drastically changed because our highest court is now corrupt. There is nothing to stop these people from doing whatever they want. 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I'm not going to give up calling and voting, but it is so hard not to feel helpless. I have Tillis and Burr representing me, no amount of calls from me will help. It feels like even if we don't give up and we give it all we got, they have been planning this so long that it will be very difficult to fight back and win. They have stacked the odds in their favor and will keep power as their base shrinks. They don't care about the American people or America. We are dealing with power hungry people who have no morals and have realized there is nothing stopping them from doing what they want. 

I completely understand how you feel. I really do. It is very hard living in a very red state and feeling your voice is not and will never be heard. But just remember this. There are more of us than them. It feels like it has been an eternity fighting this crap. I have to remind myself people in the past have fought longer for change. I was reminded of that last night listening to Doris Goodwin. I want to be realistic but also not allow them to break my spirit. That is what they want to do to us, but we can’t allow that to happen. 

On another note: I reached out to the media about what Corker said to that constituent about her phones calls going unanswered. I want it on record what was said to me when I interned for him. I also reached out to Corker to tell him what one of his offices were acting like when I was there. People need to know that some of the people working for these Senators are just as awful as their bosses. What that woman said was the truth and it needs to be exposed. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 5

I don't know- it makes me want to buy Kavanah large quantities of alcohol... and fettuccine alfredo, and the entire "that" menu of "Eat this, not that" , and very high in sugar and fat desserts, and other foods that would make a "lifelong appointment" not so long...

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 3

Wouldn’t count on it. Darth Trump’s been scarfing McDonalds for forever, and he’s still standing. A lifetime of practically embalming yourself apparently has benefits... 

• Upvote 6

I feel so sick to my stomach about this! This is helping to silence victims! This is going to help rapist get away with it! This has set us back not moved us forward! 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 4

A big FUCK YOU to all the Stein voters and Democrats that sat out the 2016 election and Putin.  Thanks to them we now have a drunken, rapist asshole on the Supreme Court who will overturn Roe v Wade.  FUCK YOU KAVANAUGH AND TRUMP!

Edited by SPHASH
ETA Putin
  • Upvote 8
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

An update on the Women for Kavanaugh bus:

I should have known that the Concerned Women for America nutters would be involved with this. :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 4

All of you feeling down and out and depressed and defeated... please take a deep breath and realize you are not alone. Like @Mecca said, there are more of you than of them. And you are getting louder, more vociferous, and more driven to do something with every egregious act from the current government. Use that drive to keep pushing you forward, to fuel your passion for the wellbeing of your democracy, and get out there and vote, vote, vote. 

The will of the people will prevail, if the people stand up for themselves and demand change. 

I read a tweet today, that said (I'm paraphrasing from memory) "the GOP wants to rule not govern. If you want to break GOP rule, vote them out.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 4

This has hit me much harder than the Trump win.  I think because I could see non- horrible reasons why he would win ( or win the electoral college ) . In addition to the blatantly horrible ones. 

Obviously he was horrible, rude, crass, racist, sexist,  an embodiment of a YouTube comment section, etc.etc.etc - but He had policies that would appeal to some people. Whether it’s jobs or abortion or whatever - there were actual reasons some people would vote for him- even if I don’t agree.

But this thing with Kavanaugh is just a gigantic fuck you to show that being entitled and monied and powerful and part of the inner circle and a man is what matters. Period. They could have found a similar Judge to keep in their pocket, but they absolutely had to show that fighting back doesn’t matter. There was NO other reason to keep him. Particularly after his tantrum and the response from every possible professional organization condemning him. It is JUST about showing women - THEIR women /wives/ girlfriends in particular - to stay in line. They don’t want them getting ideas and messing with their power dynamic.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic