IGNORED

Terri's Birthday

nomoxian

So it is Terri's birthday and our 'girl' Sarah is fishing for compliments. I thought it would be nice to have a space to post our thoughts on how Terri has inspired us!

Personally, she has taught me to savor the small things in life. Like having a sip of a delicious drink of choice (I prefer the taste of Coke to Pepsi though) She has also reminded me why being a Stay At Home Mom, or a parent altogether, is not what I want out of life. Thankfully my fellow heathen Headship Mr. Nomoxian doesn't desire children, since the Spaghetti Monster has not touched his or my heart with His noodly appendage.

I doubt Terri will read this thread, but Steve sure will. HI Steve!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teri has inspired me to be a better cook.  my dreams are still haunted by the casserole of leftover pork that sat in the fridge for another two days after they made it.  

I forgot about that abomination.

If there is any evidence of a God, it's that he didn't allow them to get food poisoning after eating that. 

The cheap cheese I've seen comes in plastic, not paper. I get around the embarrasing and potentially hazardous eating of such inedible substances by purchasing blocks of cheese. Buy bulk and save the difference! Though Kaufland sells bigger blocks of cheese than Aldi, and it's lactose free, so I go there instead.

Terri makes me want to vomit.  Her sappy, smug smile while she makes her servants wait on her.  I wish that she would be a much better example of womanhood.  

She inspired me to clean my refrigerator in only half an hour, without making a plan weeks before! 

She inspired me to never quit my job, not have more children than I desired (1), and make my own decisions without running everything past my husband. Of course I'm divorced, so ymmv. Lol

P.s. I do have a super hot younger boyfriend, so no complaints.

Griselda Teri inspired me to pray for a new cell phone cover even though God has more pressing concerns like getting Trump out of office, war, and poverty.  Ask and you shall receive!

Teri inspired me to make sure my daughter is educated, can financially support herself, and to marry someone who respects her not treat her like a breeding pig on a farm.  

Mods, can this be Maxwell 24?

Teri has inspired me to avoid controlling asshats. 4 decades with a monster like that is a no thank you.

Teri has inspired me to not schedule play time with children. Who schedules "15 minutes play time with [Random Family Member Under The Age of 10]" and rejoices in a quarter of an hour well spent? Oh yes, Teri does. 

In all seriousness: The Maxwell's over-scheduling is obsessive and a lot on the ridiculous side, but there are a lot of times where having a schedule and planning the hell out of some stuff makes not only a lot of sense but also your life a hell of a lot easier. 

Here's to you, Teri! Devouring a can of soda and two animal crackers in your name!

3 hours ago, CatholicLite said:

She inspired me to dress better. If I could burn that clothing, I would.

I once dated a fundie-lite guy who was extremely controlling and narcissistic. I was his first real girlfriend (as he was my first real boyfriend). Thanks to social media, I saw that the summer for he met me I saw that he had been rocking Jorts from the 90s which have been very in style for the past few years but he is not someone that could pull them off very well. He is a very awkward, unaware, and very uncool in all of the ways. A lot of our time together was spent on me educating him about basic social and relationship norms. It also entailed me shopping with him a lot which he receptive to and I never pushed anything too much. However one day at his apartment I saw the infamous Jorts (the ones that almost deterred me from giving him the time of day) on the floor of his closet and I asked if we could burn them for fun and he had a huge hissy fit. Not one of the worst hissy fits I saw him have over the course of our relationship but he was definitely unnecessarily pissed off. Moral of the story: If something you see facebook stalking a potential date concerns you enough to almost not even go on a first date with someone - listen to it. 

Terri has laid it in my heart to NEVER live her lifestyle.

If I commented on the Blog with that, do you think it would get posted? :my_cool:

@SPHASH, i was typing the sentence below when you posted!  

i'm quite happy to see that no one was inspired by Teri to let God remind their headship to order the pizza.

Teri inspires me to not give over one single fraction of a second of my time to wondering where the hell I will go when I die. :my_biggrin:

Terified inspires me to always keep taking my meds for depression and anxiety no matter what.  Washed down with an icy Diet Coke for good measure.

Teri has inspired me to refer to my darling Mr. MtL as my Good Headship Lollipop. :pb_lol:

Teri has inspired me to make sure my hairdresser cuts my hair in a way that flatters my face. It may still be grey, but it's attractive!

Teri has inspired me to check sandwiches for cheese-paper, refrain from sprinkling pies with chile-powder, dust my ceiling fan more regularly, and put a purple streak in my hair.

Teri has also taught me that cultivating a meek and quiet spirit turns women women into doormats. 

She falls rather short of the Proverbs 31 woman in overall productivity.  She also stretcheth not her hand out to the poor, nor reacheth to the needy, unless they are family.  She dresseth not in silks and purple, she openeth her mouth too often with bad advice about depression, and in her tongue is the law of Steve: often sarcastic, mean, and controlling.

And for Sarah, asketh not for compliments for your mother: 

Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates

Proverbs 31:31

Archived