IGNORED

Christian Pastor believes that women who dress provocatively are sexually assaulting men

Carm_88

I don't know if this has been discussed but Mike Shoesmith recently went on the every crazy Carl Gallups radio program. He stated that because men were visual creatures that women who dress sexy are therefore, sexually assaulting them. So in other words, if this woman who doesn't believe that modest is hottest gets assaulted, it's hardl the fault of the poor man. What a piece of shit!

http://deadstate.org/christian-pastor-women-who-dress-provocatively-are-committing-sexual-assault-on-men/

Sigh. I feel like none of those words should have been said in the order presented.
Also, so how does that explain my older, fat, completely covered, albeit generous, ass getting groped on the subway with some regularity?

21 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I don't know if this has been discussed but Mike Shoesmith recently went on the every crazy Carl Gallups radio program. He stated that because men were visual creatures that women who dress sexy are therefore, sexually assaulting them. So in other words, if this woman who doesn't believe that modest is hottest gets assaulted, it's hardl the fault of the poor man. What a piece of shit!

http://deadstate.org/christian-pastor-women-who-dress-provocatively-are-committing-sexual-assault-on-men/

Weinstein would love this defense -----

Weinstein would love this defense -----
If only he had Jesus in his heart! Last time we all looked though, there was only dust and evil intent, like your usual Hollywood/Christian pervert. [emoji849]

17 hours ago, purjolok84 said:

If only he had Jesus in his heart! Last time we all looked though, there was only dust and evil intent, like your usual Hollywood/Christian pervert. emoji849.png

Think Weinstein is Jewish - it's all about power and control, religion is useful in gaining power and control, but there are obviously other ways.

So, by that same gross token, if we see a guy who looks really hot in his jeans, do we get to grope and squeeze him, since he's not dressed modestly? How about a man wearing immodest shorts who is showing amazing legs, or a guy whose shirt fits beautifully?

I'm so sick of these crazy sickos. Now wearing a Nun's habit does not mean that you want to be groped or otherwise assaulted.

9 minutes ago, seraaa said:

To be clear: he thinks that someone wearing clothes is a direct violation of somebody else's bodily autonomy?

:my_dodgy:

Yep because brain chemistry or hormones or something. 

7 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Yep because brain chemistry or hormones or something. 

What he said is more indicative of very fundamentalist, repressed sexual mores.   Guys like  him, JimBob Duggar, hard core patriarchal nutjobs, DO likely find about everything women do as sexual.    They have no view of sex as normal, healthy interplay between consenting adults because they do not view women as equals - they are "forbidden" until marriage, all sex urges before then are strictly repressed.   Sex must be cloaked in ritual and strictly controlled by "headships" or sanctified men - as in the original Mormon cults.

The Duggar kids are prime examples of that -- nothing until marriage, then non-stop sex, and Josh Duggar is a prime example of the perversion that can lead to.  I am quite sure he is only the tip of the iceberg, so to say.   JimBob publicly stated on t.v. that incest is not unusual in his cult families.

Major religions tend to be patriarchal in some form or other and women are subservient.  That is more blatant in fundamentalist religions obviously, but missionaries has spent hundreds of years trying to wipe out any societies that had liberal sex practices -- it seems to terrify them when women have power over their own sexuality and procreation.

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

I'm so sick of these crazy sickos. Now wearing a Nun's habit does not mean that you want to be groped or otherwise assaulted.

Also consider that even supposedly modest female attire is sexualized and fetishized (eg Catholic schoolgirl uniforms, nuns’ habits, nurse outfits, librarian attire, Muslim hijabs and burquas). You really can’t win either way.

This is one of those examples of the Patriarchy having worse opinion of men than the feminists do.

I've been calling myself a feminist ever since I knew what one was, and I completely believe that men are more than just their instincts, and aren't slavering animals, but are more than capable of controlling themselves.  That they, like women, can see someone who's attractive, and just get on with their day.  That their brains are more important than their hormones.

People like this dude seem to really dislike other men.

As a full-busted woman, I guess I'll have to start wearing large cardboard boxes in order to fully disguise the fact that I have breasts. Not too sure how well that's going work when I have to drive, but praise Rufus, the outline of my dirty pillows will never again be responsible for causing the menfolk to have impure thoughts. :pb_rollseyes:

2 hours ago, Lurky said:

This is one of those examples of the Patriarchy having worse opinion of men than the feminists do.

I've been calling myself a feminist ever since I knew what one was, and I completely believe that men are more than just their instincts, and aren't slavering animals, but are more than capable of controlling themselves.  That they, like women, can see someone who's attractive, and just get on with their day.  That their brains are more important than their hormones.

People like this dude seem to really dislike other men.

They think that this is normal, all men are like them and the problem is women tempting them - not the man's fault.   That is one of the core teachings of Bill Gothard's "Godly lessons", the victim is to blame for tempting the violator -- even seems to apply to 5 year olds as  the Duggar girls were forced to "forgive" their brother.

Also insinuated that Anna is to blame for Josh's hiring of a hooker, she just wasn't fulfilling his Godly needs properly.    5 kids in 6 years - and it's her fault he's a pervert.

When you take your life rules from an 83 year old, never married pervert with a foot fetish, you tend to get confused.

My favorite Gothard gem of wisdom is that semen causes cancer - unless it's the right semen, your headship's, then you need lots and lots of it to be immune.   You couldn't make this crap up if you tried.

10 minutes ago, nssherlock said:

My favorite Gothard gem of wisdom is that semen causes cancer - unless it's the right semen, your headship's, then you need lots and lots of it to be immune.   You couldn't make this crap up if you tried.

Soooooo... how would he explain testicular cancer?

1 minute ago, CyborgKin said:

Maybe the fault of women. If they are not having enough sex with their keepers, semen will build up and cause cancer.

2 minutes ago, OtterRuletheWorld said:

Maybe the fault of women. If they are not having enough sex with their keepers, semen will build up and cause cancer.

And if the man is unmarried and has never had sex?

8 minutes ago, CyborgKin said:

Would love to hear his answer to that - probably blame it on latent homosexuality or not making enough babies with his "helpmate" - assuming he has one.

4 minutes ago, OtterRuletheWorld said:

If only there was a way to prevent that ;)

2 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Waaait a second, Gothard is unmarried.

6 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

It is the fault of all the women who dress provocatively or bat their eye lashes in his general direction. If he isn't married, he has no outlet and that is the fault of women. :my_cry:

My stepbrother cringes if my Mom or I wear sleeveless blouses. I can't imagine that my 93 yr old Mom ( who has seen fit to rid herself of bras on hot days) or I could lead anyone into a lustful state. And if I wear a tee shirt that says something he disproves of, he'll mention it to me as an aside. I mean, Jesus, I'm 64 1/2 years old, he's younger than me, and he's chastising me over a damn tee shirt? It says I love Jesus, but I cuss a little, which is more than true. 

I'm married to someone who wears a uniform all day long, and unless we're having company, when it's hot out (as it has been the last couple of weeks) he goes down to his tightie blues. My daughter would chastise him when she lived at home and he'd put on his raggedy ass cargo shorts that he loves.  Am I driven to lust by that? Hell no. 

1 hour ago, CyborgKin said:

Women making lustful thoughts by being their slutty selves. :P 

It's such crap either way. Only men who are having "lust" problems would complain. Otherwise, they'd just enjoy the view eh? 

3 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Women making lustful thoughts by being their slutty selves. :P 

It's such crap either way. Only men who are having "lust" problems would complain. Otherwise, they'd just enjoy the view eh? 

And then you meet my German relatives, in their eighties, who just enjoy being nude.

15 hours ago, samurai_sarah said:

And then you meet my German relatives, in their eighties, who just enjoy being nude.

Goodness, wish my German relatives (they are all German) were that interesting.

17 hours ago, OtterRuletheWorld said:

I was taught you had to have regular sex with your husband for his reproductive health!!

He's a moron who doesn't deserve comment. He's also a pervert who apparently gets a boner at the sight of a woman so rather than learn to control himself and that he doesn't actually have to act on every urge or feeling, he blames the evil wimmenz, again.

It's as old as religion. The whole wiping out of the "sacred feminine", goddess, matriarchal stuff...it was because male egos are too fucking fragile to exist on a planet with women.

Archived