IGNORED

Anti-LGBT fliers...covering my town!

lawlifelgbt

So the past few days, in Minneapolis and Edina, MN (I now live right next to Edina- I go to my gym and shop there), people have been finding these horrific anti gay fliers just EVERYWHERE. People suspect alt eighth involvement. I have attached a photo of a flyer I found; I then threw it away and encouraged everyone else local to do the same.

I'm just really scared right now. Sure, there can't be a very big presence of those alt right types around here- but since I saw the flyers in places I like to go, it makes me think- what if I run into one of them? Especially since coming out as nonbinary, I know I look very not-straight.

Has anyone else in other cities seen this type of literature?

IMG_0365.JPG

Thankfully, I haven't seen anything like this before. I'm sorry this has happened in your town. I hope this will give your LGBTQ+ community and allies a good reason to rally together and outshine a few nasty and vile jerks. Please stay safe.

Total side note. What do you suppose it means by "20% of HBV cases"? Is it a typo for HPV (human papilloma virus)?

I'm so sorry this is happening in your home territory. Have you informed the local police? Please be careful and keep us informed of any updates?

I wish you safe places and warm chocolate chip cookies. 

My Aunt is a Lesbian and lives in Minneapolis (near Minnehaha Park), and I know it's not Edina, still, it makes me worried. But then I remember that she could probably kick somebody's ass. Well, no, not anymore I guess. But whatever, she could break a beer bottle over their head and use it as a knife or something. I'm sending all my love your way lawlifelgbt and may you live fearlessly.

Be careful when removing flyers/stickers from fascists, I've heard they sometimes put razor blades behind them.

To answer your question- I saw some pretty gross stickers/graffiti right after the election, but it's mostly died back down.

Has anyone read the article in Mother Jones about how the alt right is getting their funding and how they have succeeded in growing? Reveal has a recent podcast about it, I haven't listened to it yet.

I am so sorry lawlifelgbt (and everyone else having to deal with this awfulness) that is seriously scary. Just imagining picking up a flyer like that is giving me chills. How can they do this? (evilness aside) surely it's illegal or something? Hate speech? Pollution? ok I know nothing about laws and such but, come on! How can they be able to do this?! 

Archived