IGNORED

Brother Husbands

ChickenettiLuvr

... and the TLC'S Wackadoodle Family Lineup continues...

Brother Husbands????  Can't wait to hear what church they're affiliated with.

Even my dog is giving me side-eye. 

I had to DVR the first 30 mins so I could watch the SB.  Catching up now.  Weirdness.  The Putmans kinda look normal in comparison....

Lots of jealousy and tension in the air.

If they hadn't specified otherwise, I'd have bet money that Chad and Jeremy also had/have a relationship. 

Weird -- all three adults in the bed. New definition for co-sleeping!

What's with Amanda's horrible hair?  The bad wig vibe makes her look mid 40s.

Hubby cannot understand my inability to look away from this train wreck to watch the Puppy Bowl.

This passive-aggressive stuff between the guys is escalating quickly. And I'm jealous of his man-purse.

I wanted to start this here, so I don't steal any Duggar thunder in their thread.

Brother Husbands premiered tonight on TLC.  Two men, one woman, 5 kids.

17 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Lots of jealousy and tension in the air.

If they hadn't specified otherwise, I'd have bet money that Chad and Jeremy also had/have a relationship. 

Weird -- all three adults in the bed. New definition for co-sleeping!

What's with Amanda's horrible hair?  The bad wig vibe makes her look mid 40s.

Yes, I totally came running here to find SOMEONE talking about that hot mess of Brother Husbands.  WTAF? I'm usually a what ever floats your boat but why put it on TV?

Are you able to move previous posts?  Or copy/quote them?  Just to lay the groundwork...

(.... already derailing yet another thread -- but the crazy cray of Married by Mom and Dad is tooooo much!)

Oh, no!!  No skills are questioned, @MarblesMom.  I simply bow to you and @choralcrusader8613.  (At this time of night, I've lost ability to tie shoes. Or spell.)

1 hour ago, MarblesMom said:

Wait, did I see all 3 of them in ONE BED....?!?!:brainbleach:

Something ain't right here.

Do they plan who gets to impregnate her or is it "pot luck"?  What happens if the guy she's in the mood for isn't in the mood for her but the other guy is?  Do they follow a schedule?

The show sounds dreadful but I'd still rather give it a chance than spend another minute watching the Buttmans...I mean Putmans.

I'd give the two hubbys a better chance of succeeding together than their threesome.  Jeff and Gage seem more connected than these two... or three.

I haven't seen the show, but I just read this article ( http://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2017/02/02/former-engaged-underage-couple-added-a-husband-to-be-featured-on-tlcs-brother-husbands-special/ ) and it sounds to me more like they are polyamorous than polygamous. Not in the sense that I think the two husbands have a sexual relationship with each other as well, but in the sense that I think that if one of the husbands were to find someone they fell in love with, the other two would probably be open to adding that person to the family. The relationship would then not be a woman with three man attached to her, but a women with two men attached to her, and one of those men has another man or woman attached to him. Also, they are not in this poly-relationship for religious reasons.
I think this makes it a more 'equal' relationship than a polygamous relationship (which is the opposite of relationship between equals). They all seem to want to be in the relationship out of their own free will, and not as a consequence of brainswashing or believing that men should be subservient to women. Personally, I still wouldn't want to share my husband, but I 'like' this version of a poly-relationship better than the unequal religious variant.

I'm really curious about the episode now.

Sorry about that... I just went to the site and apparently DISH (my provider) isn't hooked up with TLCGo, either.  Bummer!

Omg wait...this is a real thing?!?! I didn't see it listed even the other day, wasn't flipping through channels because I knew we'd be watching the super bowl. 

This just cracks me up, because I work with a lady who has been saying for months that she could never be a sister wife, but "brother husbands would be awesome." LOL! 

I wish I had seen this trainwreck. Apparently TLCGo isn't available in Canada. Man, I missed the Putmans too...I need to get a DVR going so I can keep up with all the snarking opportunities! 

Everybody's equal, nobody's related through a nebulous web of cousins and half-cousins, and they're not participating because they believe it's a ticket to some afterlife? Sounds good to me! I hope they have power of attorney and living will documents drawn up. There was a pretty interesting discussion about how to legally navigate a poly household in the media coverage about the well-publicized Massachusetts Lesbian Throuple wedding.

I haven't seen this yet but I'm fascinated to see how they make it work. Without a religious reasoning it seems like a stretch to me. I watched a very heated argument on Reddit earlier arguing that polys are all dangerous because they exploit kids but this show seems to show otherwise? I tend to find it amusing when otherwise liberal commenters start bashing a group because its "icky" lol

PS I've lurked here and the old forum for about 7 years....finally posted. I kind of feel like I need to introduce myself, but not sure if that's what FJ does haha!

Archived