IGNORED

Brother Husbands

ChickenettiLuvr

I know quite a few polyamorous families who do just fine, and I don't think the number and the gender composition is per se an issue if everyone is in agreement about the relationship pattern.

That said, I have not had a chance to watch the show but this particularly family sounds like a trainwreck. :P

Holy cannoli, what did you people just make me watch? 

That was ... weird. If I hadn't known better, I'd have thought I was watching a couple who lived with their kids' surrogate mom. But it wasn't a healthy couple. They were really snipe-y, passive-aggressive and jealous. And she was clueless and annoying. With weird hair. 

And on a different note: How is a paralegal supporting three adults and five kids with just her salary? 

I'm not sure I could stand watching it again, not even if it provides excellent snark-worthy material. 

• 3 weeks later...

TLC never fails to find the human living/relationship situations which make people go what fresh dysfunction is this. I haven't had cable in a few years, so I haven't been up on the latest TLC line up. The question remains what exactly are these programs supposed to be teaching people? I remember someone on here called it The Lowliest Crap channel and it seems to fit. As an aside for all the talk of the Duggars considering the show to be a "mission"; how can they align their beliefs with continuing to be on a network with this type of show? The straight forward answer money despite all their claims on not needing the money from the show. This also does seem to be a departure for TLC to have a show about a family without some fundamentalist religious adherence.

Archived