IGNORED

The attack at the Louvre and the one in Pasadena

MarblesMom

I searched and searched and didn't find threads on either of these stories.  If my search skills stink, please merge me on over to the right spot.

In Paris, French authorities have opened a terror investigation after a soldier shot a man wielding a machete near the Louvre museum in Paris.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/03/europe/france-paris-louvre-incident/

Meanwhile, a man tossed an explosive device into a Pasadena Cheesecake Factory on Thursday evening, scattering terrified diners and sparking an police search for the perpetrator.  I have eaten in that CF.  I cannot imagine just having a meal and encountering a situation like this.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/03/us/cheesecake-factory-pasadena-explosion-trnd/

I am a little surprised on the little coverage either situation is receiving.  Perhaps because there wasn't massive carnage?  Not being snarky - I think people need to know about both.  I didn't see either story on my 6 o'clock news, I had to look online for it.

I hadn't heard of the Pasadena incident, but I have seen a fair amount of coverage of the Louvre attack. Trump tweeted about it:

A new radical Islamic terrorist has just attacked in Louvre Museum in Paris. Tourists were locked down. France on edge again. GET SMART U.S.

Yet he hasn't said anything about the Quebec shooting where people actually died.

9 hours ago, Khan said:

It's enough to make me want to hide in my house and never go outside. The country I love is getting scarier by the day. 

It's really not. Crime as a whole is actually down, but with 24 hour news cycle they have to cover something. And unfortunately violence sells. 

On 4/2/2017 at 4:27 AM, MarblesMom said:

I am a little surprised on the little coverage either situation is receiving.  Perhaps because there wasn't massive carnage?  Not being snarky - I think people need to know about both.  I didn't see either story on my 6 o'clock news, I had to look online for it.

Probably because one man with a knife who tries to overtake four armed soldiers sounds more like a lonely psycho than an organised terrorist attack. One soldier was slightly injured and the wannabe terrorist was seriously but not fatally injured. It was notable only because apparently the man shouted "Allah akbar" and it happened outside the Louvre. BTW the man is an Egyptian national who flew in from Dubai, a Trump style ban wouldn't have blocked him.

I actually watched the Fish Bowl and loved all the puns.

Wet Dream by Kip Addotta was clearly their inspiration and I was dying.  So clever.

Archived