IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen, Parts 25- More threads than Duggars

samurai_sarah

FUN FACT! The  Guttmacher Institute reports that abortion rates are steadily declining  and at their lowest rate since the Roe decision in 1973. Um idk? could that be because of the ACA there's no out of pocket cost for preventative care, contraceptives, and prenatal care?!? It kind of takes the air out of "all of the lost children" argument. 

Thanks Obama. 

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I also think it's great (if true) that Joy and Jed intern(ed), not only for some real world experience, but as being allowed to do something with an opposite gendered sibling, what's the point for Joy in gaining this experience? I don't actually think that way, because I believe this would be such an enriching experience for her. I'm more wondering why JB&M would approve. If she is just getting married to Austin and will likely work at the family camp before being confined to SAHM for the rest of her life, what's the point?

54 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

While I also think it's great (if true) that Joy and Jed intern(ed), not only for some real world experience, but as being allowed to do something with an opposite gendered sibling, what's the point for Joy in gaining this experience? I don't actually think that way, because I believe this would be such an enriching experience for her. I'm more wondering why JB&M would approve. If she is just getting married to Austin and will likely work at the family camp before being confined to SAHM for the rest of her life, what's the point?

She has time to kill. IMO, it's better than sitting in front of her vanity for another 6 hours doing her hair and makeup, or wandering the aisles of WM with Jana and 6 younger ones.

Could it potentially be a Counting On plot point? Good for them for doing something!

On 1/24/2017 at 8:05 PM, Fun Undies said:

^ honestly, there was that time where Michelle was at that marriage retreat and she talked about her fear of her (paraphrasing) "kids being swallowed up by the world" (i.e. everyday life for everyone else), versus "Godly living", and she seemed genuinely fearful that if they did, it would be her fault - like somehow if her kids strayed from the plumbing line of indoctrination, it would be because she's a bad mom. 

Now of course, she might have just playing to the cameras, and really if she does believe in that line of thinking, it's a bit selfish to assume that all children who grow up and are different than the parent somehow HAS to reflect on you.  BUT my point here is, what if she did sense something was off with Josh, and though I'm sure some of it was Anna's "fault", maybe a part of her worried it was her own?  Hence why she wanted them to go on the retreat she went with JB? (and presumably paid for it)

^ this time x1000!

I think Krista's comments don't reflect her stance on abortion as much as a thinly veiled plea of a woman who had a hard life, and declared herself that she didn't feel loved till recently, and now wants to hear affirmation from just about anyone (and so even internet strangers will do), that she's worth something.  She might feel loved, and wants to be supportive of other women, but based on her own words, I genuinely believe she lacks self confidence and would like others to validate her "existence".

Part of me feels sorry for her because of this, but the other part of me doesn't like that she's hiding (and vaguely shaming those women who have had abortions), in order to feel validated.

So Krista mentioned your post...and other FJ posts...on her blog. LOL I had always wondered if the Duggar or their fundie friends read here. She said someone sent her the link but still...

16 hours ago, eyerollsforjesus said:

That's how a lot of political internships are obstained so it would be a safe presumption.

Some not all. Not that you are saying all.

I met the first guy I interned for through my Aunt at a fundraiser and the intern coordinator gave me his card. From then on I was on my own, they didn't keep files on who the applicants are. Granted I was already looking to do a political internship but I would have never interned for the man I did if I hadn't met him through my Aunt since he didn't represent my district. Very glad I did because my rep isn't great. 

9 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I also just don't get "I wouldn't exist!" as an argument. It's very self-centered --- I mean, maybe it's just because I've read too much Sartre and the like, but I don't think you existing is on the same level as other people's rights or well-being. And as for the whole "well, what if So-And-So Famous Person was aborted" argument, well, maybe the kid who would have grown up to cure HIV/AIDS died of cholera at age 3 because Haiti's water infrastructure is so fucked. Or the next great American novelist has had their brain permanently damaged by lead paint chips and poison water and will never be encouraged to write because their overworked teachers just don't have time to give a shit about them. Or the kid who would grow up to stand up to injustice in her country and become a great president died during birth because her mom couldn't get proper medical care. Plenty of potentially great people don't exist, not because of abortion, but because some fundies care about abortion more than people who are already here.

And on the other hand, what if Mrs. Hitler or Mrs. Stalin or Mrs. Dahmer had had an abortion?

16 minutes ago, patsymae said:

And on the other hand, what if Mrs. Hitler or Mrs. Stalin or Mrs. Dahmer had had an abortion?

Okay so I was thinking that. And I wasn't sure if that would be crossing a line by saying that. I even typed it out and erased it. I'm glad you brought it up!

My point would have been you could have that thought- if horrible people's mothers had aborted and how the world would be different. I feel like that could be considered a "crazy" perspective, but I think maybe equally crazy as saying "i'm sad i wouldn't be here today".

21 minutes ago, patsymae said:

Then there might have been another just as crazy to take their place. Just younger or born to a different family. 

1 hour ago, newyorkgirl52 said:

So Krista mentioned your post...and other FJ posts...on her blog. LOL I had always wondered if the Duggar or their fundie friends read here. She said someone sent her the link but still...

Pickles probably sent it to her. :pb_lol: 

2 hours ago, newyorkgirl52 said:

Ohhhhh, may I have a link to her blog?  I'd like to see what she says (just genuinely curious!)

I think we're all guilty of Googling ourselves to some extent, because we're hoping we're projecting how we'd like to be perceived.  I can be quite eye opening to see what people really say about you, when they don't think you'd see/hear/read it.  Though something tells me it's not causing the whole introspective existential awakening in fundies, that it would for most of us (to be fair, that assumption might just be me feeding into the "us vs. them" mentality which doesn't help anyone).

What's her blog? I wasn't aware she had one.

also..how do people have so much time to maintain blogs?! So many fundies have them. Well, I guess the women have plenty of time, but Kristas in law school, correct?

https://throughtheconcrete.com/

really like Krista and find her an encouraging figure in the duggars warped reality. Unfortunately, according to her blog, she only took what she wanted to read from here and not what was implicitly stated. No one would have told her birth mother to do anything. Pro choice means listening to what the woman wants and what her circumstances are surrounding her pregnancy and supporting HER decision. Also, it's obvious in her world why being a moderate might seem so unique, enlightened, and tough. In reality most people are moderates, you just don't need to go yelling moderate ideas at people on Facebook so it looks like there is either far right or far left. 

We might not be the only site she's referring to.

i don't agree with her on everything. (I will always be prochoice.)But I am fond of this girl. She has more  integrity, and balls, than the entire Duggar family. She doesn't resort to name calling (I'm guilty, and yes, I laughed when she wrote of watching Fox News).  she has critical thinking skills. Yes, she does, even if her end product is different than our liberally minded website. I don't know if shes fundie enough to be a fundie, but she's my pet fundie. :)

I wonder if the duggars were among those that arent speaking to her.

im very sorry people she considered friends called her a baby killer for literally doing nothing. She did not have an abortion. There was nothing to be considered a baby. She didn't help someone go to Planned parenthood. She didn't enact pro-choice laws. Etc. she specifically stated she's prolife. That must hurt her a lot. Krista, if you're still reading here, I am genuinely sorry you are going through this.

I thing Joy and Jed were/are working as Rep. Charlene Fite who represents their district. Both Joy and Jed are there as each others accountability buddy. It could also be a storyline as well.

The young man on the far left looks like Austin, maybe? Also Joy and Jed are properly dressed for their jobs. Joy looks like a young business woman. She also looks very beautiful.

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

1ed490beed5c98a0b48e3ffac365790d.jpg

That's all I have to say to fundies on the subject of children!

The image will now be saved on my desktop for immediate #clapback status on social media ;)

-----

Also just read Krista's blog post (in case she's reading: "hi hun!").  I can definitely see how my post might be the one she's referring to, seeing as I did use the words "self confidence", "self worth", and "affirmation".  Though I'm not sure if I would call FJ a gossip site ~ I guess it is a place where people from all over gather to talk about people.  But really it's not just about people - it's about theologies, religions, and frankly good old fashioned debate. 

To Krista: I don't know if you've had the chance to read any other pages, but I agree with you that you can't please everyone.  Just browse a few pages, and you'll realize that our members here are a varied bunch on all pats of the human spectrum.  And though there's always a kind way to disagree (at least I try to, but then again, I'm only human), this is a place where we can discuss, and grow and evolve.  If you ever find yourself wanting to explore different opinions behind the veil of anonymity, please join us :]

As for my post, I do stand behind my words, because I do feel like you are trying to figure out where you fit in (aren't we all?).  And I truly feel bad that at the end of the day, the comments (and worse, the unfriendings) wore you down to a point that you cried - if my post only added to that sadness, then I do apologize because I get it, words hurt.    But again, like you said, you can't please everyone - so hun: you do you, stand by your convictions, try to support those around you, show compassion, and grow into the best version of yourself.

On January 25, 2017 at 7:07 PM, eyerollsforjesus said:

I didn't find mention of this but according to Facebook, Joy and Jed are interning at the Arkansas state house. Since they aren't in college that we know of, would it be some gap year program?

IMG_4918.PNG

IMG_4919.PNG

I wonder why this isn't featured on the show? Did they start at this program after filming had wrapped? Or is TLC afraid of the wrath they would incur by showing these religious nutcases "working" in government? 

The other day my sister said, "Why do you think the coasts are so much more intelligent than the rest of the country? Maybe they couldn't get books delivered that far?" LOL but really though. WHY?? 

13 hours ago, patsymae said:

Speaking of Hitler, that issue really bothers me. Dahmer acted alone (as far as we know) but did Hitler ever even directly kill anyone? The brainless adherence to authority by Hitler's zombie drones is what caused the Holocaust. Hitler did not "do" the Holocaust. The same tradition of mindless following caused the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings. We all need to rethink our military structure and protocols. 

Just thinking about why Joy has a brother instead of a sister here as an accountability partner - they've run out of girls to be her partner.  Jill, Jessa and jinger are married, Johanna is too young.  That doesn't leave any girls except Jana, and she's probably too old to be doing something like this "internship" .  Plus, too busy running the TTH

Speaking as someone who had an internship at the local county clerk's office, these young people will do nothing but filing, organizing the mail, and fetching coffee, and stuff like that. They will be seen and not heard. Their opinions are not wanted.

23 hours ago, wandering woman said:

It says that they worked as pages in the House of Representatives today.  They were probably there for a one day visit. I doubt Jim Boob would let them do a whole semester internship.

It says the two Duggars are interning in the House, and some Cedarville High students are pages for one day. Jed & Joy are not Cedarville High students. So unfortunately they will probably be there for more than a day:/

3 hours ago, Karma said:

Just thinking about why Joy has a brother instead of a sister here as an accountability partner - they've run out of girls to be her partner.  Jill, Jessa and jinger are married, Johanna is too young.  That doesn't leave any girls except Jana, and she's probably too old to be doing something like this "internship" .  Plus, too busy running the TTH

I would think more it's Jed's thing, and Joy is his accountability partner. Let's be real :\

It is possible that the Duggerlings were also PAGES not interns, in spite of what the picture says.  Pages are basically messengers, usually high-school age.  And some state legislatures have you be a page for as little as one day. Often it is an "honor" given to children of your political supporters.

The United States House of Representatives phased out their page program in 2011. In the computer age, there simply wasn't enough for the pages to do, and the House could no longer justify the expense of housing and educating them.

The United States Senate still has a high school page program: https://www.senate.gov/reference/reference_index_subjects/Pages_vrd.htm 

I expect it will fall by the wayside eventually. I remember in the year or two before the House page program was abolished, House pages telling me how bored they were, because there just wasn't much for them to do.

Also, it is possible that the Arkansas Legislature won't allow TLC (or any other network) to film in the complex.

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived