IGNORED

Women's March on Washington

clueliss

This came across my Facebook feed yesterday courtesy of a writer I know (Sally Goldenbaum - she writes knitting cozies)

https://www.facebook.com/events/2169332969958991/

Jan 21 in DC.  

I can't go but wanted to shared for those FJ-erites who might be interested and want to fight the good fight. 

I wish I could, but my due date is January 14th. So I'll either have a tiny newborn to fawn over or I'll be massively pregnant and not physically able to actually march. :pb_lol:

I would love to go and I'm only 16 miles away from D.C., however, it will be crazed in town at that time, and I am mobility-challenged. If anyone is planning to go, I'll be happy to provide some insight into the area and places to stay (or NOT to stay) and how to get around. Hint, a car in D.C. is almost as bad as in NYC.

I really want to go, but I can't go due to health reasons. My SIL and her wife are going.

I will be attending the protest on Friday 01/20 and the March on Saturday 01/21. Everything has been finalized as of today, and I am ready to have my voice heard. I am going to do everything within my power to not let these next four years suck ass. I am going to let my senators and reps, both federal and state, know I am watching their every move, and I am not afraid to ring their phone or clog up their mailbox with letters if they do or say something egregious. I can be a pest. Just ask Gov. Perry's office if that is true. I am going to do the same on the local level too. I will protest when I can and I will donate to places that do the work of the people. 

My zumba friend yesterday actually mentioned this to me (and I have no idea how I didn't hear about it before hand) but they are actually organizing buses leaving from different parts of our county to go down so it's getting me excited!

Also if you guys are still interested many states are holding their own in solidarity. I just realized I RSVP'd to the Philadelphia one, but while searching on facebook I realized they were many more links.

8 hours ago, Mecca said:

I will be attending the protest on Friday 01/20 and the March on Saturday 01/21. Everything has been finalized as of today, and I am ready to have my voice heard. I am going to do everything within my power to not let these next four years suck ass. I am going to let my senators and reps, both federal and state, know I am watching their every move, and I am not afraid to ring their phone or clog up their mailbox with letters if they do or say something egregious. I can be a pest. Just ask Gov. Perry's office if that is true. I am going to do the same on the local level too. I will protest when I can and I will donate to places that do the work of the people. 

Not related to the March, but help spread this idea around to anyone you know who may want to participate!

IMG_4471.PNG

Its fun being an asshole to someone that deserves it! :D 

I know several people going, but have chosen not to. I have anxiety/panic attacks, and crowds can trigger one. Given what I know about interactions between police and the mentally ill, I feel like I run the risk of making others less safe.  

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Not related to the March, but help spread this idea around to anyone you know who may want to participate!

IMG_4471.PNG

I will post this on my husband's Facebook and ask for forgivenesses later for taking over his Facebook page. He won't mind, though. He can't stand the Orange fartface either. 

I'd love to attend this march, but I live too far away as usual! Hopefully, there will be a lot of women going to show their support. It's very cool for those on here who are able to attend.

12 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

And he definitely deserves it. I love being an asshole too and will be sending a postcard.

Several women in my church hope to go, and I'm planning to join them. The demonstration's FB page has sub-pages for each state, with sign-up sheets for buses.

I'm planning on going.  It's My Birthday and I'll Go if I Want To.  I will ask for my daughters' input  (like will it upset the applecart too much?) but yeah, I need this.

Archived