IGNORED

Out of control crafting

polecat

I've homeschooled for the last seven years and have worked full-time as long as I can remember. My youngest son went into public school in August. I'm working a little less this winter because I'm going through a series of surgeries, so I need a lighter workload. That means I suddenly have free time. Not necessarily a lot -- but enough that I feel a little lost. I will eventually volunteer a bit at my son's school, but I can't really commit to anything until my surgeries are finished. So until then, I've turned into a crafting fool.

Current projects? I'm crocheting a cocoon shrug (and maybe two if I like the way this one turns out because I can never have enough cozy things in the winter) for me. I'm also crocheting a set of guinea pigs (to match my youngest son's actual guinea pigs) for a Christmas present for him. He is piggy OBSESSED. I am hoping to finish the inside of a dollhouse I started working on last summer (2015 not 2016). I am also coloring like a maniac thanks to not one but TWO incredible deals I got on Lolliz gel pens, which happen to be a special favorite of mine (plus I just got Johanna Basford'sMagical Jungle, so, you know) . And I owe my middle son a knitted scarf, which is about the only thing I can actually knit because I am not terribly knitting adept. 

Oh, and sewing! Well, this is more a chore I need to do. I have to hem up some jeans for my sons, who all have skinny waists and ridiculously long inseams. 

Any more suggestions on how to fill my time? 

Something tells me that if I can find enough new crafts to do, I can still find ways to NOT have to do housework.

This is my plan ... 

Are you game to try something new? How about Swedish Weaving or Huck Embroidery (same thing)?

It's easy peasy. Can do it while watching TV once you get the pattern down. Amazon has a bunch of books about it.

Here is a photo in case you don't know what it is:

ETA: google Swedish Weaving for more photos. There are about a million patterns.

swedish weaving 2.jpg

Archived