IGNORED

Secular/non-Abrahamic fundies

LynnKaboom

So we have a lot of Christian fundies, some Jewish fundies, and occasionally the odd Muslim fundie. But let's talk about fundamentalists we don't hear about too often: secular and pagan fundies.

The other one is Graveyard Dirt (graveyarddirt.com). NSFW. Actually, not safe for anything, really. This crazy bitch is a self-proclaimed witch. Who eats roadkill. And poisons the mailman. And puts clots of her menstrual fluid and her pubic hairs in food. And flings used underwear into open graves. As an offering. Yeeaah. I couldn't read too much of her site without feeling like my eyes were going to fall out of my head, but that's the gist of it.

Anyone else have any unusual fundies?

Edited because I'm really not ready to share that information in the first paragraph in the public sphere. Sorry peeps, I thought I was, but I'm not.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The other one is Graveyard Dirt (graveyarddirt.com). NSFW. Actually, not safe for anything, really. This crazy bitch is a self-proclaimed witch. Who eats roadkill. And poisons the mailman. And puts clots of her menstrual fluid and her pubic hairs in food. And flings used underwear into open graves. As an offering. Yeeaah. I couldn't read too much of her site without feeling like my eyes were going to fall out of my head, but that's the gist of it.

Wow, she sounds really crazy and mixed up. I couldn't read very many of her posts. The F word is her favorite word, which always says something about the writer.

Nell

So we have a lot of Christian fundies, some Jewish fundies, and occasionally the odd Muslim fundie. But let's talk about fundamentalists we don't hear about too often: secular and pagan fundies.

Anyone else have any unusual fundies?

Edited because I'm really not ready to share that information in the first paragraph in the public sphere. Sorry peeps, I thought I was, but I'm not.

WTF? I need to check her out. Do you get roadkill with a side of pubic hair and clots at her house for dinner? Thankfully I already ate or I would throw up thinking about that.:/

Guest Anonymous
And poisons the mailman.

She actually for real poisoned someone? And wrote about it on her blog? Sorry, but what with the roadkill and pubic hairs for dinner I'm just not visiting that place. But someone feel free to tell me how the mailman incurred her wrath!

I tried very hard to read but the roadkill pictures made me sick. She calls it "saving" them. I think she's real; her archives are huge and she's been blogging for years and years. Must go vomit now. Someone with a stronger stomach wanna share what you read with the rest of us?

Anyone know of other pagan fundies? Very interested in reading up.

I'm intrigued at the thought of sharing a country with this woman (and, if I'm honest, wonder what her neighbours make of her) but I quite enjoyed her blog. Eating roadkill pheasants is actually not too weird...people do it for the same reason she does, which is they haven't been shot so pellet removal is not required. Granted, the rest of the stuff she does is fairly weird, even for rural Scotland ;)

I'm intrigued at the thought of sharing a country with this woman (and, if I'm honest, wonder what her neighbours make of her) but I quite enjoyed her blog. Eating roadkill pheasants is actually not too weird...people do it for the same reason she does, which is they haven't been shot so pellet removal is not required. Granted, the rest of the stuff she does is fairly weird, even for rural Scotland ;)

The thing is, she eats ROTTEN roadkill, and gets food poisoning from it all the time. It's actually not too unusual for people to eat stuff they hit with their car here either- deer are kind of suicidal, and if you hit them with your car it can be a huge expense, so sometimes people make up for it by eating it. But that's usually stuff they killed that day, not stuff that's been festering on the road.

Lissar- apparently she bakes "ritual bread" out of toadstools, and gave some to the mailman. It likely wouldn't have made him seriously ill, but he would probably be throwing up and having hallucinations.

I know lots of pagan fundies. Most of them, however, are just boring unless you are in their specific path. Or at least, boring if you are already a person involved in an experiential-based sort of path, as generally the divide there is more mystic versus non-mystic. Or eclectic versus non-eclectics, recons verus neo, that sort of thing. Epic fights that just don't make much sense unless you are involved.

Which might be why I find most of the pagan fundies boring. I wouldn't even term this person fundie, just in need of coming off the ritual highs.

Guest Anonymous
The thing is, she eats ROTTEN roadkill, and gets food poisoning from it all the time. It's actually not too unusual for people to eat stuff they hit with their car here either- deer are kind of suicidal, and if you hit them with your car it can be a huge expense, so sometimes people make up for it by eating it. But that's usually stuff they killed that day, not stuff that's been festering on the road.

Lissar- apparently she bakes "ritual bread" out of toadstools, and gave some to the mailman. It likely wouldn't have made him seriously ill, but he would probably be throwing up and having hallucinations.

I ... but *why* does she eat rotten things? Is she poor and hungry or is it part of her religion? I know some pagans and Wiccans but I've never ever heard anything like this before. I had food poisoning once and you can be damn sure I would never purposely put myself at risk of getting it again. Talk about misery. I feel like I should back away slowly yet I have so many questions!

Gulp. Guess I'm going to put some plastic wrap over the keyboard and go visiting.

I was trying to read her blog today(very hard to navigate and understand what the hell she is saying). I gather she has lived in her in-laws house for 10 years but just got married last year? Can you image some chick moving into your house and bringing in rotten roadkill and burying bones and soaking them in jars all over your house? Anyway, I am dying to see a picture of her, I cannot find anything but roadkill and recipes. What does she look like?

From what I gather she is the type to be "look at me, I am a real live witch because I do all this freaky shit". I cannot stand that.

Guest Anonymous

She sprayed urine all over some blackberries and then baked them into a pie. Then she ate the pie while schtupping her husband, which was described in detail.

I'm not sure she's a fundie, since I didn't see where she was proselytizing or advertising her lifestyle as the one true way for everyone, but she's ... something.

Uurgh, Lynn, I didn't realise it was rotten...I am so fussy about that kind of thing it is unreal. I live with a bunch of anarchos who dumpster dive now and again and their philosophy is "scrape the mould off and eat it anyway" but no way in hell can I eat stuff from a bin if I know that is where it's from.

I suppose me and flatmates count as secular fundies, come to think of it. What a depressing thought...

I'm not sure she's a fundie, since I didn't see where she was proselytizing or advertising her lifestyle as the one true way for everyone, but she's ... something.

Not fundie, but there is a subset with paganism, that's being a little more vocal lately, that's about reminding people that paganism isn't always the family-friendly, sanitized set of religious beliefs that is being pushed as paganism goes more mainstream.

I haven't been able to read this blog indepth, as I'm at work and google reader only does partial entries, but I think I've read parts of the blog before, and she strikes me very much of that mindset.

So I get where she seems to be coming from. I still think it's very out there, even for that movement.

I always enjoy finding a new religious blog to read, regardless of what the religion is; so I tried to give this one the time, but holy shit. It's like reading the ramblings of a severely adhd person on acid. I couldn't glean a freakin' grain of sense, talk about imcomprehensible babble.

OMFG. Lissar, please share the link. This I must read.

Wait till you get to the bit where she breaks her parents in law's shower during a particularly vigorous bout of anal sex. Or the pet demon who she carries in a rucksack on her back. Or all the inventive ways she has of hexing her father in law. Or her very bad experience with semen in a church graveyard.

There are not really words, but it was one of the most...intriguing...blogs I have read for a while ;)

Guest Anonymous
OMFG. Lissar, please share the link. This I must read.

graveyarddirt.com/newsprint/archive/000659.php

Thanks to "THE WORST WINTER IN 30 YEARS!" everything's late this year. (My patio container garden? Still fragrant with sweet peas, lupins, borage and sunflowers and we're rapidly approaching November.) The blackberries weren't ready this year until AFTER Michaelmas, so to exercise folklore-ish precaution I fought fire with fire.

(The long short? They say Old Scratch claims blackberry ownership by pissing on them after Michaelmas. That might've been the perfect solution when dealing with everyone else, but when a feral, urine-marking witch is involved all bets are off. I called SUPER shotgun by pissing into a spray bottle before gently "misting" the berries with watered-down urine. But I was a good sport and gave the Devil a generous piece of apple, plum and blackberry pie.)

Open the below at your own risk, it's graphic sex talk.

To ensure no one got their slice of "pie" (ahem) before the other I had my first bite while barebacking Italics' cock, masturbating myself with my right hand while holding the ceramic dish up with the left. Some work was required to keep everything balanced ("BITE, MASTURBATE, CHEW, MASTURBATE, BOUNCE, MASTURBATE, SWALLOW, MASTURBATE, BITE..."), but the effort was totally worth the orgasm. (<- I had one of my trademark screaming climaxes, although this time with a mouthful of homemade pie.)

My face: :shock:

Really though, as long as she isn't non-consensually feeding people shrooms or rotten meat, as much as I personally DO NOT WANT, I don't think I have a problem with this one. I admittedly haven't read a whole lot of her blog so there may be more to it, but at least she isn't raising girl children to be second class citizens or hitting babies. If there were kids involved it would be different, if it's adults, meh. As far as I'm concerned they can go right ahead with their urine consuming, mushroom hunting, devil worshipping, etc.

OMG this blog is great...she does have some health info about gathering up roadkill. I'm kind of more curious about her partner (Italics) and his role in all of this. But really, I know people who are pagan, and people who process animals to use their bones in art, and I know people who have eaten (fresh) roadkill: this is just an interesting combination. I really like her writing, it's entertaining. What can I say, I'm a fan :) She's processing waste rather than dumping spiritual waste into her children's heads, or encouraging them to waste their lives polishing cupboards. Win-win!

Nope, nope, nope, that is a "look at me!" not a witch. I consider myself Fundie and I cant make hide nor hair (nor feather) of what she is about. She's Brit? A British Traditionalist Witch is Oath-bound and would NEVER post publicly a spell of any kind. JUST NOT done. BTWs are the snootiest, most secretive, Fundamentalist of all the Witches. Her Altars are pretty nice and similar to a traditional Altar, but that can be found in books or on the net.

As for the spellwork with the bodily fluids, That is still done here among the black population. Ask any old black woman around here about "red spaghetti" and watch her cackle!

Guest Anonymous
Nope, nope, nope, that is a "look at me!" not a witch. I consider myself Fundie and I cant make hide nor hair (nor feather) of what she is about. She's Brit? A British Traditionalist Witch is Oath-bound and would NEVER post publicly a spell of any kind. JUST NOT done. BTWs are the snootiest, most secretive, Fundamentalist of all the Witches. Her Altars are pretty nice and similar to a traditional Altar, but that can be found in books or on the net.

As for the spellwork with the bodily fluids, That is still done here among the black population. Ask any old black woman around here about "red spaghetti" and watch her cackle!

I think she grew up in the American Midwest but moved to Scotland around 2001. I'm uncomfortable with the invocation of the "No True Scotsman" argument. If she identifies as a Pagan Witch, that's what she is as far as I'm concerned.

I'd love to boot Doug, the Pearls, and some others out of Christianity, but I can't even though I think they're doing it totally wrong.

Archived