IGNORED

Real Housewives Franchise

Lillybee

i watch NYC and Beverly Hills.

NYC is quickly becoming unwatchable, but i LOVE BH. camille is such a mind-blowing twat, and j'adore lisa and giggy.

• Upvote 1

I watched the DC every week. I've just started on the NYC one. The "Countess" can't sing. That was painful. Money can't buy class or talent.

I watched some of the Atlanta one and the OC, too. Um, don't you have to be married to be a housewife? Otherwise, you're a divorcee, babymama, or whatever. It seems like most of the women aren't even married. I have no problem with that, except then the show should be called something else, like, "The Real Rich Divorcees of ____." Can't just one little thing in entertainment be truthful? Like the title of the show?

The shows that I watch are NY and OC because I lived in both places.

I knew a few women like Jill Zarin and they were not nice people, just like Jill.

I occasionally watch the NYC and NJ ones. It seems to be a show about women ganging up on each other and picking on the outsider of the week. I really only watch when I'm channel surfing and come across it (I really don't watch that much TV) and then the train wreck mentality kicks in. I don't know what all of the dramas are about sometimes since I don't watch anything regularly. I just can't believe so many ugly women can get on TV!

I watch OC faithfully. I am fascinated by Alexis, who actually seems to be the only houseWIFE anymore. I confess to sort of liking Vicky. But, beyond that, I can't stand those women, but can't look away. the only reason I don't watch the others is because I don't need to be addicted to those as well!

I admit I watch the OC one since I'm just north of the area. I've also watched the New York show when channel surfing, and it's a train wreck thing for me.

I like Bethenny Frankel, even though I know a lot of people find her abrasive. To me, she is funny, and she also has overcome a lot in her life. I also enjoy her Skinnygirl Margarita concoction :D

So anyhoo, I watched NY when she was on it, but now only sporadically. It seems like LuMan and Jillousy have only gotten worse. I don't know who the new brunette is, but I haven't liked what I've seen so far. And Alex has changed a lot (mostly for the better) from the first season, IMO. Sonya's name dropping rivals the Countess' and that gets on my nerves. So yeah, not that much any more. It is like a trainwreck.

I can't watch NJ. NY is a trainwreck, but I don't even know how to describe NJ; I guess it just jumps the shark in that I do want to look away.

I watched the OC from the beginning, but have lost interest. I liked Jeana and she's not on the show any more, and never liked Vycki and can't stand Trampra. I like Gretchen but wish she would use better judgment and I think at her age, she's old enough to know better on a lot of her crap. Who else is even on there anymore? Oh, yeah, Jesus Barbie - yeah, no thanks - and her husband makes me nauseated.

I watched the DC franchise for a little while b/c that couple who crashed the White House dinner was featured. Yeah, they were slimy - nothing much more to see there.

Atlanta & Miami - never got into them much. Everything I know about them comes from reading Lynn Chicago's blog.

I watch the NJ one as I am an Italian Jersey girl, but those women are over the top. I also watched the DC one and have seen most of the OC ones. I never got into NY, Atlanta, or Beverly Hills. I've seen a few of each but just didn't like them.

re: NY...havent luanne and jill gotten horrible?

they're all awful, and the new chick, cindy, adds NOTHING. in fact, i read somewhere that she got canned for next season. NY has totally gone down the tubes. none of these women (save perhaps sonja and ramona) hang out outside the show, so all of their interactions are totally fake, produced, and forced. it's no longer a 'sneak peek' feeling...instead, it's all bravo-planned parties where they manufacture drama. bleck.

but yes. i watch. sigh.

Everything Austin said... just adding that it drives me up a wall that the Atlanta "housewives" don't actually live in Atlanta. Duluth, Alpharetta, Sandy Springs, and Buckhead are not Atlanta. I live about three miles from Duluth and it takes me at least 25 minutes with no traffic to drive to Atlanta. My husband works in downtown Atlanta and it takes him 1.5 hrs to get home from work. It should be titles "real housewives *but not really* of greater metro atlanta".

My mom loves the B.H. housewives. I haven't watched any of the shows regularly since the whole limo fight between Kyle and Kim. It seems Kyle had a lot of fans at the beginning of the show but lost a lot after that episode.

I have to confess, I read the blog that Bobby described as a hate blog. It really isn't but the posters there do hold Jill's feet to the fire for the nasty things she has done. I found it around the time that TWOP was closed down because of Amazongate.

They are snarky on all the HW shows and a few other reality shows.

• 3 weeks later...

Taylor had filed for divorce from Russell last month citing physical and verbal abuse. Apparently Bravo got some footage of Taylor with bruises, but I can't verify this. The promos that I saw for the next season did look like Taylor had some kind of crisis going on.

My heart goes out to Taylor and Kennedy right now.

I watch 'em all...I know they're shit but they're just like train wrecks, I can't look away. This might sound weird, but sometimes it helps me check myself - some of the people I know (not really friends, just acquaintances that have to be in my life) can be a little catty and gossipy. When I realize that "oh, she's pulling a " it reminds me of what I NEVER want to be/be a part of. So I manage to pull myself out of a ridiculous situation with the arguing and talking behind someone else's back and drama-starting.

Also, Bethanny is my fave.

And I just read about Russell - that's so sad to hear. That family obviously had its share of problems but I wish it didn't have to end that way, and my heart goes out to his (ex?) wife and daughter.

I just saw this on Headline News, but The Star is reporting that Russell punched Taylor in the face the day before his suicide. They had a photo of Taylor with a cut about her eye. He'd also been off his antidepressants for a few months.

Holy Guacamole....The 911 Call proves that little Kennedy WAS at the house with Taylor when Russell was found dead! Holy shit. What's with all that crap Taylor spun about Kennedy not knowing? Whoever made the 911 call had to repeatedly tell Taylor to take Kennedy into another room. I mean, I understand going into shock over an unexpected death - I've experienced that. But for the loved of God, have the presence of mind to take the little girl outside, call someone to come and pick her up. It sounded as though she kept wandering close to the room where Russell was, I'm not sure if she actually saw him or not, but the guy who was there sounded very annoyed after several times that he had to continue to tell Taylor to stop Kennedy from going into the room with Russell. Amazing!

HLN is reporting this tonight about the little girl being there. I, too, don't understand someone not getting her immediately out of the house and away from there. Just the memory of being there when her father was found will affect her for the rest of her life as it is.

I read that Taylor was so distracted at the time Russell was found that she was screaming for her shrink and probably forgot that Kennedy was there.

• 5 months later...

I just came here to ask the same question. TWOP Howard shut down the thread there so I was looking at the alternatives. I hope they weren't threatened with legal action.

RHONY is alive and well but there was a big fight about a few weeks ago and some of the posters moved to http://z13.invisionfree.com/FreshSnarkDaily/index.php

There is always http://lynnnchicago.com/?p=10 which is a fun housewives blog. Check the side list for the latest blog.

Lol I just outed my self as a HW follower.