IGNORED

Michelle is a one trick pony

YourGodIsNotMine

The Duggars act like she's the greatest thing to ever hit a skating rink. But all I see is her skating backwards. Do you all see anything I don't?

To the Duggar kids, moms only have babies, hand them off to their other kids and then have more babies. Moms aren't people with hopes, dreams, skills or who are capable of having fun without their kids. It would never occur to them that a mom can be good at something other than cooking, cleaning, homeschooling and baby making. So they think that the fact that Michelle can skate sets her apart from other moms as she is sort of an anomaly in the non-skating mom world. Notice they never talks about things that might interest Michelle that are not family related?

she is a one trick pony but it has nothing to do with skating.

Ha! She's a two-trick pony then.

I thought it was pretty impressive myself to skate backwards in a skirt, but I can barely stand upright in skates, so...I'm a little biased. Given that none of them have really been allowed the option to get good at something like that, I'm sure they are really impressed.

I have always thought that had Michelle not met Jim Bob she likely would have lived a normal life. Her kids would have been in school, she might be in the PTA and maybe she would have worked. She can be very outgoing and I could see her as a realtor or working with the public. I have never thought she ever seems particularly happy, at least not in the later years. She did look happy in the early years pictures with Jim Bob. What's interesting is that MIchelle does not seem ashamed of her life before Jim Bob, except for maybe the mowing the lawn in a bikini and even then it seems more Jim Bob than Michelle. She seems to enjoy talking about her past and we all know she loves showing the picture of her in her cheerleading outfit. I feel bad saying it but she seems much happier and enthusiastic when talking to people not named Jim Bob. Michelle practically is giddy when that high school friend is around. I wonder if she ever wonders what happened to her life? I have noticed that Jim Bob never talks about his life before Michelle, except I think he was on the track team.

Considering that in her late 40s she can skate backwards faster and more confidently than her younger girls can skate forwards. Its shows the gap between her childhood and that she's given her daughters rather starkly :evil-eye:

To the Duggar kids, moms only have babies, hand them off to their other kids and then have more babies. Moms aren't people with hopes, dreams, skills or who are capable of having fun without their kids. It would never occur to them that a mom can be good at something other than cooking, cleaning, homeschooling and baby making. So they think that the fact that Michelle can skate sets her apart from other moms as she is sort of an anomaly in the non-skating mom world. Notice they never talks about things that might interest Michelle that are not family related?

Good points. I watched that video and heard the praise, but all I saw was Michelle skating backwards. That's cool, but not exactly earth shattering. Then again, given her usual levels of productivity (slowed to almost nil since Jubilee), maybe seeing her show some energy is really surprising and worth the shock and awe expressed in the clip.

Maybe she feels kind of trapped. She's a terrible actress, and I think she'd very conscious that she's acting when she looks at Jim Bob with those adoring, admiring eyes, and talks that baby-talk hoo haw while opening her eyes very wide. I don't think it's 100% convincing, because the mighty Jim Bob is kind of a creep, and all you have to do is go to a mall to see men who are more attractive and more considerate to their wives. He is not anybody's idea of adorable or admirable. She lives with him 24/7 and picks up his dirty socks and underwear, and she probably knows that he's a blowhard and a fantasist. (I mean, his Senate bid? Talk about fantasyland!) She's probably all too aware that he doesn't have any real worldly accomplishments and knows that they're nicely off only because of the show, not because of Jim Bob's hard work, intelligence, or empathy for others. He lucked out with this show. Otherwise, he's just kind of a loser.

I guess what bugs me is by now one of her kids should be skating backwards too, and we have seen no evidence of this. Why not teach them? She's not great at it (I can't tell if her crossovers are bad or if it's the skirt.. probably both.)

Skating just seems to be a time for Michelle to show off. And since she her breeding farm got shutdown, this is another way.

Boob is not trying to dry hump her this time.

I don't know how her kids, particularly the girls, don't just resent the shit out of Michelle for having had a "normal" teenage life. They have to be thinking she got to enjoy so many things we don't.

Not to mention, Boob and Michelle dated normally with touching, kissing and body contact. Yet they hold they own children to much higher standards than they did themselves, and actually bait them with all the PDA's at the house and on dates with their courting children in tow.

And used birth control.

Once a hypocrite, always a hypocrite.

She lives with him 24/7 and picks up his dirty socks and underwear, and she probably knows that he's a blowhard and a fantasist. (I mean, his Senate bid? Talk about fantasyland!) She's probably all too aware that he doesn't have any real worldly accomplishments and knows that they're nicely off only because of the show, not because of Jim Bob's hard work, intelligence, or empathy for others. He lucked out with this show. Otherwise, he's just kind of a loser.

Here's a question, ladies and gentlemen: What would YOU do if your spouse came home one day and announced that he or she wanted to blow a quarter of a million dollars on running for Congress when you had 14 kids in a three-bedroom house and was feeding those kids rice three times a day because you couldn't afford anything else? Seriously. I'd like to know, because I know what would happen at our house. We don't even need to consider the fact there were already issues in that family that desperately needed addressing by law enforcement and/or therapy.

There is no such thing as a perfect marriage. There are, however, deal breakers. If that is not a deal breaker, I'm not sure what it would take. (Screwing someone else in broad daylight on the front lawn, perhaps?)

So: A quarter of a million bucks gone. What would you do? Would you stay with him or her? Would you run for the hills? (Would you start using birth control because you couldn't handle the 14 kids you already had?) I know what I would do, but I'd love to hear what others might think.

don't think he is good with a moving target.

I don't think Jim Boob, Jr. is as cooperative as he previously was...

:brain-bleach:

Here's a question, ladies and gentlemen: What would YOU do if your spouse came home one day and announced that he or she wanted to blow a quarter of a million dollars on running for Congress when you had 14 kids in a three-bedroom house and was feeding those kids rice three times a day because you couldn't afford anything else? Seriously. I'd like to know, because I know what would happen at our house. We don't even need to consider the fact there were already issues in that family that desperately needed addressing by law enforcement and/or therapy.

There is no such thing as a perfect marriage. There are, however, deal breakers. If that is not a deal breaker, I'm not sure what it would take. (Screwing someone else in broad daylight on the front lawn, perhaps?)

So: A quarter of a million bucks gone. What would you do? Would you stay with him or her? Would you run for the hills? (Would you start using birth control because you couldn't handle the 14 kids you already had?) I know what I would do, but I'd love to hear what others might think.

Clearly, the right thing to do would be to submit to my headship as God has spoken to him and he really feels that God's will is for him to be a Congressman. We store up our treasures in Heaven, not on Earth. Therefore I will add 3 cans of water to the Campbell's soup instead of just 2 cans and wear last year's frumper. The children do not require shoes as they do not go to school. The most important thing is that JB obeys God, gets to Congress and votes no on every single abortion bill. Because the almighty and omnipotent God cannot overturn Roe vs Wade on his own.

• 2 weeks later...

If I'd seen the writing on the wall and knew just how far-fetched his candidacy was, I'd have left with the kids before he started spending the money and filed for divorce asap. Since one of his big selling points (in his own mind, at least) was that he had a big, happy, wholesome family, I'd have taken the big family off his hands. Who knows, maybe he'd have realized "Without those kids to sing about voting for me, I don't really have much of a selling point. People aren't reacting well to the idea of incest and rape being capital crimes, either. Maybe I should rethink things." And even if he did, I think I'd a million times rather NOT have more babies by the state's biggest blowhard since it would have involved being in close physical contact with him. He's repulsive to me.

I don't care if I'd have had them on foodstamps etc. etc. and alimony for years. Anything would be better than having to go along with a delusional narcissist who was not going to change, short of a kick in the head. And if he paid alimony for all of them he'd have had to get work that paid something instead of faffing around thinking "I'm a politician! I'm great!"

Whether or not he realizes it fully, I think that the cancellation was the equivalent of a kick in the head.

Why shouldn't rape and incest be capital crimes? Assuming that a society is embracing the idea of the death penalty ...

I mean--if you are going to have the death penalty--would not certain degrees of rape warrant the most severe penalty available?

Why shouldn't rape and incest be capital crimes? Assuming that a society is embracing the idea of the death penalty ...

I mean--if you are going to have the death penalty--would not certain degrees of rape warrant the most severe penalty available?

Well, you're also talking about a country where people who straight up murder people sometimes get less time than someone convicted of growing and selling weed... :roll:

I think that having the death penalty on the table would make it even harder to convict people of rape. It is already difficult but if the jury thought they were sending a man to his death for what they might view as essentially "a sexual act" (although I know it is more than that, it is an act of violence and a show of dominance) then they might look for a way not to convict.

If I'd seen the writing on the wall and knew just how far-fetched his candidacy was, I'd have left with the kids before he started spending the money and filed for divorce asap. Since one of his big selling points (in his own mind, at least) was that he had a big, happy, wholesome family, I'd have taken the big family off his hands. Who knows, maybe he'd have realized "Without those kids to sing about voting for me, I don't really have much of a selling point. People aren't reacting well to the idea of incest and rape being capital crimes, either. Maybe I should rethink things." And even if he did, I think I'd a million times rather NOT have more babies by the state's biggest blowhard since it would have involved being in close physical contact with him. He's repulsive to me.

I don't care if I'd have had them on foodstamps etc. etc. and alimony for years. Anything would be better than having to go along with a delusional narcissist who was not going to change, short of a kick in the head. And if he paid alimony for all of them he'd have had to get work that paid something instead of faffing around thinking "I'm a politician! I'm great!"

Whether or not he realizes it fully, I think that the cancellation was the equivalent of a kick in the head.

The bolded reminds me of noted author and former polygamist Irene Spencer. She was in her cult for many years before she left, but observed that the women who did manage to get out of the cult with their children often enjoyed better health and a better standard of living due to food stamps and other benefits being given to them to make a new start.

Thankfully, my husband has worked really hard for his money and is a far better steward of his yield. He would have said what do you think, and I would have brought up all the reasons why I thought it was a bad idea ( sapping resources, return on the investment, the kids, education, living expenses, the fact that I earned some of the money, the likelihood of a loss and having nothing to show for it). He would have heard, processed and come to the same conclusion- spending money in such a fashion was a poor investment and a waste of hard, earned cash.

My husband is not egotistical, phony, impulsive or lazy. He is salt of the Earth. Never in a million years would he make Jim Bobesque choices. Never, ever.

I've been thinking about this and I think JB has a bit of a gambler personality. He's always looking for any easy way to get money and he rolls the dice even when it may not be prudent or in his or his family's best interest.

The bolded reminds me of noted author and former polygamist Irene Spencer. She was in her cult for many years before she left, but observed that the women who did manage to get out of the cult with their children often enjoyed better health and a better standard of living due to food stamps and other benefits being given to them to make a new start.

I was under the impression that many of these Mormon polygamists do collect welfare and food stamps. I have read that Cody's wives' collected welfare and food stamps before their show started. They would have lost access to that little fraud now they are famous.

Archived