IGNORED

Michelle is a one trick pony

YourGodIsNotMine

I was under the impression that many of these Mormon polygamists do collect welfare and food stamps. I have read that Cody's wives' collected welfare and food stamps before their show started. They would have lost access to that little fraud now they are famous.

The book "Under the Banner of Heaven" discusses just how much polygamist compounds make from welfare. A man only has one legal wife with a set of kids, and then all of his other wives are considered single mothers in the eyes of the state and almost none of them have jobs yet have many many children.

Thankfully, my husband has worked really hard for his money and is a far better steward of his yield. He would have said what do you think, and I would have brought up all the reasons why I thought it was a bad idea ( sapping resources, return on the investment, the kids, education, living expenses, the fact that I earned some of the money, the likelihood of a loss and having nothing to show for it). He would have heard, processed and come to the same conclusion- spending money in such a fashion was a poor investment and a waste of hard, earned cash.

My husband is not egotistical, phony, impulsive or lazy. He is salt of the Earth. Never in a million years would he make Jim Bobesque choices. Never, ever.

Why does "steward of his yield" sound so dirty to me? Must be that all the fundie jargon in the IBLP thread has warped my mind.

My husband and I don't have that kind of money nor the desire to get into politics.

Archived