IGNORED

Jim Bob Duggar sighted with felon Kent Hovind

mirele

Kent Hovind is a young earth creationist who has been incarcerated since November 2006 on tax and structuring charges. He got out of prison today for a month on "home confinement," then three years on probation. Guess who was with Eric Hovind, Kent's son, when they drove over to Yazoo City, MS, to pick Kent up?

That's right, child molester protecting Jim Bob Duggar!!!

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... loose-now/ (not broke, P.Z. Myers is not going to care).

Way to start your first day out of prison, Kent, hanging with a pedo protector.

Wonder what Jim Bob expects to get out of this? Any ideas?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imprisoned for tax and structuring charges?

What's GDM's saying? Show me your friends and I'll show you your future...?

One can hope that JB will serve some time for his shenanigans!

Kent Hovind is a young earth creationist who has been incarcerated since November 2006 on tax and structuring charges. He got out of prison today for a month on "home confinement," then three years on probation. Guess who was with Eric Hovind, Kent's son, when they drove over to Yazoo City, MS, to pick Kent up?

That's right, child molester protecting Jim Bob Duggar!!!

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... loose-now/ (not broke, P.Z. Myers is not going to care).

Way to start your first day out of prison, Kent, hanging with a pedo protector.

Wonder what Jim Bob expects to get out of this? Any ideas?

Interesting shirt... looks like this logo: http://www.meisneraircraft.com/

But it was a "mistake" and he asked for forgiveness!

But really, yet another shining example of why TLC should have nothing to do with these people.

Ohh, so many Duggar skeletons, so little time.

Holy shit, these people are a mess.

I wonder how prison was for Horvind? I wouldn't be surprised if he started a prison "ministry". Also, I find it really ironic how on the Free Kent website, there's a video on a "pedofile" lawyer (I'm assuming the prosecutor?), yet Horvind is hanging out with Boob, who put his own kids in danger by not getting Josh the help he needed.

I was gonna say, can't wait to see the leghumpers defend this move. But then I remembered, they defended child-molester Josh, and Jim Bob & Michelle's coverup. So... never mind.

I really wonder how many other criminals they're tied to, and if there's something deeper and more sinister going on. :?

Aren't PP and ZsuZsu also friends with Hovind?

Oh, I would love to be a fly on the wall if PP and especially ZsuZsu would meet Boob and J'Chelle, considering the stuff ZsuZsu posted about the molestation scandal. :stir-pot:

Who took the picture and where did PZ find it?

Who is giving tips to whom? See here, Jim Bob, if you wanna skip out on your taxes don't make the same mistakes I did. Here's what I learned in the pokey...

Interesting shirt... looks like this logo: http://www.meisneraircraft.com/

The logo is for an aircraft business, and the website says that the owner's son went to John Brown University, a Christian university in Siloam Springs, Arkansas, near the Duggar compound.

Jim Bob just keeps on digging doesn't he?

I am sure JB has been doing his darnest to keep TLC from pulling the plug but my guess is that he's seeing the writing on the wall regarding the show's future and is casting around for something else to do now, though I am not sure what he can do for Hovind or vice versa.

What are tax and structuring charges? What did this guy actually do?

Not to be a leg humper, but its lot like he is a pedophile or anything

It seems like Hovind still has legal issues hanging over him. There is a possible federal mail fraud case being built against him, which could send him back to prison, and he hasn't paid all his tax debts yet. His dinosaur theme park is forfeited but Kevin is still filing petitions about that.

How is this fellow going to support himself? Donations? When are all these fundies going to see they are all competing for the same supporters' cash? Fundie "Young Earth" donation dollars are limited. Having an actual job is out of the question so when are all the fundie beggars going to start turning on each other for money like wolves over a carcass?

I'm wondering which of these clowns will break from the Fold of Fellowship first and undercut another's fees on the Fundie Lecture Circuit. The Bates will always have their musical act to shill. Since the Duggars stock is falling, which family is going to be top shill for Gothardism and Creation "Science"?

Srilaura, Hovind renounced his US citizenship and said he no longer had to pay taxes since his only master was god. Of course, he kept his US passport and contested the courts when they ordered him to turn over his passport so he couldn't travel to South Africa to raise more money (or run away as the courts suspected he would do immediately upon leaving the USA.) So Hovind owed millions in taxes on donations from the public and proceeds from his theme park. His wife also went to prison for a year. They both restructured their finances through the withdrawing or withholding of cash funds just under 10 grand to hide earnings.

The Hovinds were also charged with fraud.

He also didn't pay employees, nor any Social Security for them, at his theme park because he said they were missionaries who were not working for compensation and were not entitled to any federal protections.

This man was only just recently brought to my attention - thank-you FJ!! :clap:

-en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_Hovind

-forbes.com/sites/peterjreilly/2015/07/07/kent-hovind-homecoming-this-week/

There are great/hard-to-watch videos from supporters' radio-shows on the Forbes link! Their message?

- - "The narrative of Kent Hovind and his supporters is that the government’s charges against him were trumped up, because he has been so effective in opposing the lies of evolution which ties into a host of other conspiracies**."

** :laughing-rolling:

(edited: streamlined)

If you Google "Kent Hovind" and "Duggar" you will turn up a bunch of things.

If you Google "Kent Hovind" and "Duggar" you will turn up a bunch of things.

This was the first hit: rawstory.com/2015/05/creationist-pastor-if-evolution-is-true-then-it-wasnt-wrong-for-josh-duggar-to-molest-his-sisters/

I might be done googling for the day. :angry-banghead:

Is it just my subjective perception or is the crime rate among famous fundies really higher than the crime rate of "normal" people?

I mean, it's hard to find a fundie family who hasn't had some troubles with the law. From the Duggars and the Gothard family to Hovind to Doug the tool, to all those conservative preachers who have been caught doing drugs or having sexual relations with minors.

And then there are those, like the Pearls, who are at least party responsible that others have committed horrible crimes.

I am sure pa dugger just needs tax advice. the duggers know personally 3 pervs that we know of not a good record.

What are tax and structuring charges? What did this guy actually do?

Not to be a leg humper, but its lot like he is a pedophile or anything

I think people are upset because the Duggars hold themselves up as "wholesome" and "moral Christians", yet they seem to associate themselves with really skeevy people.

Is it just my subjective perception or is the crime rate among famous fundies really higher than the crime rate of "normal" people?

I mean, it's hard to find a fundie family who hasn't had some troubles with the law. From the Duggars and the Gothard family to Hovind to Doug the tool, to all those conservative preachers who have been caught doing drugs or having sexual relations with minors.

And then there are those, like the Pearls, who are at least party responsible that others have committed horrible crimes.

I would like to think that it is just perception, however, high tension, fundamentalist groups are easy prey for grifters.

I am not sure that it is always intentional grifting. Its more like a way to "earn" money. Like being a travelling evangelist. Some people go from church to church giving a single inspiring sermon and then getting a love offering plus pay for the sermon. Some people have special testimonies that people like to hear and they get a love offering as they travel around from church to church telling people about it. Sometimes someone with musical talent will go from church to church to sing a few songs and get a love offering. They don't understand they are grifting they think they are serving God. Some, of course, are aware that they are grifting.

Then there are the MLM opportunists. MLM spreads no where faster than in church groups. Its like a networking paradise.

Archived