IGNORED

YES ON MARRIAGE EQUALITY!!!

VelociRapture

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was glued to SCOTUSBlog and just yelled so loud I scared everyone at work. YAY!

If you listen very carefully, you can hear Fred Phelps screaming from the Great Beyond.

Hahaha! I literally just posted the same thing in a separate thread before seeing this one! Mods, could you be so kind as to merge them? Thank you!

Hahaha! I literally just posted the same thing in a separate thread before seeing this one! Mods, could you be so kind as to merge them? Thank you!

I did the same thing. I deleted mine. Then I remembered that I probably shouldn't be deleting. Anyway, mods, it wasn't to hide anything - I just realized I'd started a new thread when it wasn't needed. Please forgive me. :bow-blue:

The Duggers have all just collectively wept in their cheerios and are praying rapidly and trying to make more worriers for Christ. Might be time for the big guns and use medicine to help.

I also started a thread (sorry) and asked Mods to merge.

I did the same thing! Lol! Great minds think alike!

The Maxwells will be announcing another fast on their bog today... :lol:

My heart is so happy! What a way to start the weekend.

Finally! This should've been legal a long time ago. I already read comments from pissed off christians. Poor conservative party lost big this week, Obama Care, out of wedlock birth and now gay marriage. :cracking-up:

Woohoo, but as I just posted on another thread, our Texas Attorney General was prayerfully hoping that SCOTUS would be mindful of his religious beliefs, but they didn't and now he wants county clerks to hold off on issuing marriage licenses until he's had time to 'reflect' on how to implement this. SRSLY.

Woohoo, but as I just posted on another thread, our Texas Attorney General was prayerfully hoping that SCOTUS would be mindful of his religious beliefs, but they didn't and now he wants county clerks to hold off on issuing marriage licenses until he's had time to 'reflect' on how to implement this. SRSLY.

WTF?!?! He's a state employee, paid by tax payers. He needs to do his damn job. I am also a state employee (in another state) and an atheist, but in my ancient world history classes, I still cover Christianity (and Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, and other beliefs) even though I don't personally follow those teachings. (And even if I wasn't a state employee, I'd still cover those topics because, you know, they're important for humanity - plus I find I know more about Christianity than a lot of my Christian students so clearly the topic needs to be taught.)

I really don't get state employees who don't feel as though they are exempt from serving certain segments of the population.

(You know, I really really hate how focused the most visible LGBTQ movement is on marriage because there's soooo many more important issues that effect the day to day lives and survival of queer people much more that aren't being talked about at all and trickle down equality does n-o-t work)

BUTTTT

i'm SUPER excited to see the fundie shit show that will result from this.

this is going to be a GOLD MINE of fucked up blog posts :popcorn2: :popcorn2:

:cracking-up: :cracking-up:

I'm thrilled for you, America. Well done! Very happy about this decision! :clap:

Suck it up, fundies!

So he intends to violate what the Supreme Court has found to be a constitutional right? Or do constitutional rights only exist if we are talking about the 2nd Amendment, which I am sure he is quite fond of?

:cracking-up: Congratulations, America! I hope my country will follow someday.

And I'm almost done with school work, have two free months and ready to entertain myself with fundie reaction watch. :popcorn2:

Congratulations America :) I am happy for every person who is now allowed to marry the person they love :)

Archived