IGNORED

Bristol Palin is single. Again.

JMarie

But they're still having the BBQ reception.

people.com/article/bristol-palin-wedding-dakota-meyer-canceled-sarah-palin

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty close to the date to cancel! Guess they couldn't get their refunds, so they'll just enjoy that reception.

I think it is interesting that this happened only a few days after news broke that Dakota has an ex-wife that he may or may not be fully legally divorced from. I suspect she did not know about that.

Because when you only know someone for a few months before getting engaged, there's a lot of stuff you still don't know about that person. Sometimes it's just minor stuff and everything is OK....and sometimes they have a secret possibly legal wife.

Pretty close to the date to cancel! Guess they couldn't get their refunds, so they'll just enjoy that reception.

Is that a typical thing to do when a wedding is called off? Especially for both families to gather, like the article says they will? Seems odd, but then again this whole thing has sounded kind of odd.

Is that a typical thing to do when a wedding is called off? Especially for both families to gather, like the article says they will? Seems odd, but then again this whole thing has sounded kind of odd.

Depends.

For a mostly local wedding? Usually not. The things that cannot be cancelled will be split up, and families will use them or eat the cost as they will.

However, for a wedding where lots people are flying in for (and cannot cancel their flights), it's actually very classy of them to still hold the BBQ to provide the guests with food and something to do.

Edit: It's probably going to be a very awkward BBQ, however....

Depends.

For a mostly local wedding? Usually not. The things that cannot be cancelled will be split up, and families will use them or eat the cost as they will.

However, for a wedding where lots people are flying in for (and cannot cancel their flights), it's actually very classy of them to still hold the BBQ to provide the guests with food and something to do.

Edit: It's probably going to be a very awkward BBQ, however....

Ah, I didn't think of the people flying in for the ceremony. But yeah, awkward BBQ in store!

Hopefully it won't turn into a brawl like that Palin (birthday?) party last fall! :roll:

Edit: Now I want some BBQ. Something I definitely miss about living in the South!

I have to say I am not surprised given how little time they have known each other. Good Bristol found out before the wedding, maybe this near miss will make her more cautious in the future, one can only hope.

Can see why the reception is still on, too late to cancel venue, food and flights. But agree it's going to be very awkward.

I wouldn't be surprised if this goes off without someone starting a fight. Wasn't one of SP's kids involved in a fight some time ago?

That's probably what happened!!

I have to say I am not surprised given how little time they have known each other. Good Bristol found out before the wedding, maybe this near miss will make her more cautious in the future, one can only hope.

Can see why the reception is still on, too late to cancel venue, food and flights. But agree it's going to be very awkward.

I wouldn't be surprised if this goes off without someone starting a fight. Wasn't one of SP's kids involved in a fight some time ago?

Huffpo reported it that actually Bristol's little sister was attacked by a woman and Bristol began defending her sister (verbally) and then was hit herself by a man. Different media outlets put different spins on it, but after listening to the 911 calls a few months ago, this one made the most sense.

I feel badly for Bristol on this. One thing about these kinds of life events, they will either break you or make you smarter and stronger.

I feel badly for Bristol on this. One thing about these kinds of life events, they will either break you or make you smarter and stronger.

She certainly has had her personal life thrust into the spotlight a lot, from a young age. Can't imagine how she must've felt during the 2008 presidential campaign.

I hadn't really read up on what happened with that brawl last year (just saw the headlines). If she was attacked by a guy for defending her sister/family that's pretty bad.

The Palin family brawl happened in October of last year. The Palins showed up at a birthday party and fights broke out. Bristol supposedly punched the homeowner in the face several times and accused him of dragging around by her feet while calling her names. The recordings of the statements the police took that night from the Palin family are NSFW because of language.

http://www.adn.com/article/20141021/pol ... ing-palins

The Celebrity Wife Swap with Bristol is a hoot. Bristol and Melissa Rivers swap. It isn't true wife swap, since they are both single. Melissa goes with and Tripp and Willow Palin and Bristol goes with Joan Rivers and Edgar. Joan and Bristol is :lol: without disrespecting anyone.

Yeah they were engaged too quick. I bet some people who bought plane tickets, new outfits and gifts are pissed. I'm sure they thought is going to be the social event of the year.

I think the whole engagement/wedding crap was just a publicity stunt orchestrated by Sarah in order to grift more money for Sarah Pac. If Bristol knew about the ex-wife, why call off the wedding? And Tripp was scheduled to go see his dad in AK this past weekend and they break up the day before he goes home? Sarah says she doesn't believe in coincidences. Sarah was also wearing Bristol's engagement ring when she was in California on Sat. She actually paid for the ring, not Dakota. If Dakota kept it a secret from her then I don't feel sorry for her and she got what she deserved. Bristol is a huge asshole like her mother.

Huffpo reported it that actually Bristol's little sister was attacked by a woman and Bristol began defending her sister (verbally) and then was hit herself by a man. Different media outlets put different spins on it, but after listening to the 911 calls a few months ago, this one made the most sense.

Not only was Bristol the one throwing the punches, but her son Tripp was in the limo (she says it about 5 times on the audio- funny she wasn't concerned about him prior to the police showing up?). WHO brings a 6 year old to a late night, adult party? I miiiiiiight have had sympathy for her-after all, her mom thrust her (as a minor) into the spotlight during the 2008 campaign when they announced that Bristol was 5 months pregnant, and therefore couldn't poooooossssibly be the mother of Trig.

BUT then she went around making money on abstinence speeches after saying abstinence 'wasn't realistic,' moved to LA to be in a reality show with the Massey brothers, went on Dancing with the Stars, had her own reality show, appeared on 'Wife Swap,' goes almost everywhere her mother does as part of her entourage, and uses tabloid magazines as her personal mouthpiece. You can't then whine about being a private person.

I do hope she finds happiness, out of the public eye. She should take a look at just why Dakota Meyer wanted to marry her. For her sake, I hope it's much more than her mother's connections and his future political ambitions.

I have no idea who is whining about her being a private person? Not sure where that came from.

From Bristol's statement: "...we have faith that our privacy will be respected at this time by those with decency."

So... Anyone who questions these very public people, who parade themselves in the tabloids, on reality TV, and on social media constantly, is "indecent."

I think the whole engagement/wedding crap was just a publicity stunt orchestrated by Sarah in order to grift more money for Sarah Pac. If Bristol knew about the ex-wife, why call off the wedding? And Tripp was scheduled to go see his dad in AK this past weekend and they break up the day before he goes home? Sarah says she doesn't believe in coincidences. Sarah was also wearing Bristol's engagement ring when she was in California on Sat. She actually paid for the ring, not Dakota. If Dakota kept it a secret from her then I don't feel sorry for her and she got what she deserved. Bristol is a huge asshole like her mother.

Getting suckers, I mean supporters to donate to Sarah PAC is Caribou Barbie's major source of income.

Getting suckers, I mean supporters to donate to Sarah PAC is Caribou Barbie's major source of income.

And that's why I call out Sarah Palin every chance I get.

And that's why I call out Sarah Palin every chance I get.

Wait, you guys don't adore Governor Palin?!? Are you kidding me? How can anyone find fault with God's most perfect creation? :shock:

I'm feeling so distraught by this horrible news. Thankfully, I have my limited edition "Drill, baby, drill" screeching talking nightlight/gun rack to comfort myself with. I only had to donate $5000 to SuckerPAC SarahPAC to receive one!!!!11111!!!

I can hardly wait until that glorious day when Grifter Granny blesses us all and becomes our next president!! She'll be the president of all the people, even you jealous h8ters. :pray:

Nothing to add other than is Tripp a nickname or really her son's name? :pink-shock:

Nothing to add other than is Tripp a nickname or really her son's name? :pink-shock:

That's his legal name

That's his legal name

I really hope she doesn't have anymore kids, or we might end up with Fall, Faceplant, and Emergency-Room.

I have a cousin who is legally named Tripp.

I didn't think this was weird.

Hmm, maybe it's a regional thing. I have lived in the northeast all of my life and have never heard of it as a name. But I think Sarah Palin also has a Trigg and a Track? *shrug* Guess they're into TR names.

Archived