IGNORED

Bristol Palin is single. Again.

JMarie

And of course, everyone ignores that Palin herself went to college, though perhaps it looks better because her degree was in Communications and she completed it through several institutions, not the Ivy League like Obama or either Clinton.

I'm not a fan of Palin, but during the campaign, the education snobbery killed me. I admire those who are smart enough to go to Ivy League schools but let's face it, how many intelligent people can't go because of the tuition, even with scholarships?

And going to an Ivy League school based on merit versus family name/size of donations are two completely different things. Ivy League education doesn't make you smart, nor does a small no-name school make you dumb.

Edited because my non-Ivy League self forgot a word. ;)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to defend Track a bit - he went to the miitary

re names (hanging head in shame that I know this)

Track was named so because they like to run!

Bristol is named after the city in Alaska

no clue on WIllow

Piper is named after a type of plane

I got nothing on Trygg or Tripp

to defend Track a bit - he went to the miitary

re names (hanging head in shame that I know this)

Track was named so because they like to run!

Bristol is named after the city in Alaska

no clue on WIllow

Piper is named after a type of plane

I got nothing on Trygg or Tripp

Willow is named after Willow, Alaska. Supposedly. Although it could just be the tree or the movie. I doubt it has anything to do with the film.

I'm not a fan of Palin, but during the campaign, the education snobbery killed me. I admire those who are smart enough to go to Ivy League schools but let's face it, how many intelligent people can't go because of the tuition, even with scholarships?

And going to an Ivy League school based on merit versus family name/size of donations are two completely different things. Ivy League education doesn't make you smart, nor does a small no-name school make you dumb.

I wanted to add that a lot of the snobby hate and sexism towards Sarah Palin came from her own Republican party.

And of course, everyone ignores that Palin herself went to college, though perhaps it looks better because her degree was in Communications and she completed it through several institutions, not the Ivy League like Obama or either Clinton.

I get what you are saying--to her merry band of tea party supporters, there are only certain ways in which a high-falutin' college degree is palatable.

Nah, my point was more that she doesn't fall into the "he's an elite" stuff constantly thrown at other politicians. Not a slight on her education, just that the fact that she was MORE appealing based on it - a concept that really, really bugs me.

If someone's accomplished enough to attend a prestigious institution (such as, say, Obama, who certainly didn't have family connections or a lot of wealth), that doesn't mean they're out of touch or don't care, and it's certainly not something you should take someone down for.

The problem with Skanky's education is that she went to five different colleges...Two four year colleges in Hawaii, Mat-Su Jr College, another Jr college in Idaho, University of Idaho. That is an awful lot of transferring in five years. I can understand transferring once, Obama started out at Occidental then Columbia, but transferring six times in five years? She went to U of I twice.

The problem with Skanky's education is that she went to five different colleges...Two four year colleges in Hawaii, Mat-Su Jr College, another Jr college in Idaho, University of Idaho. That is an awful lot of transferring in five years. I can understand transferring once, Obama started out at Occidental then Columbia, but transferring six times in five years? She went to U of I twice.

I can't make fun of that. I transferred a few times myself.

Of course, I'm not a politician. I'd ask how she was ever elected in the first place, but I know. And besides, there were a few times during Parnell's (her successor as governor) where I MAY have said "damn it, I kind of miss the Ms Alaska Governor..." If only for the fact that she was SLIGHTLY more liberal.

I'm not surprised at all that the Palin Spawn haven't attended college. They are very spoiled & from the Mat-Su Valley, where lots of spoiled white kids of oilworkers grow up and remain spoiled and vote for stupid conservatives with anti-education platforms.

And the drama continues......

Bristol stayed in Alaska while SistaSnowBilly apparently had a thing or two to say to the ex-fiancé.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/heres- ... reception/

Interesting. I wonder if she was really pissed at him, or just being pissed about something to him, given that she's known for getting crazy about just about anything...

Interesting. I wonder if she was really pissed at him, or just being pissed about something to him, given that she's known for getting crazy about just about anything...

Or maybe she was getting ready to point to something or maybe she just uses her finger when talking a lot or maybe... etc.

Sorry, but that story is ridiculous. It's ONE photo. Of a mom talking to her daughter's ex-fiance. Maybe she was mad at him, which may or may not be justified. Someone being a Medal of Honor recipient doesn't mean they should never be even slightly challenged.

I'm not a Palin fan by any means, but the link above is, like, QFOD-level speculation.

Or maybe she was getting ready to point to something or maybe she just uses her finger when talking a lot or maybe... etc.

Sorry, but that story is ridiculous. It's ONE photo. Of a mom talking to her daughter's ex-fiance. Maybe she was mad at him, which may or may not be justified. Someone being a Medal of Honor recipient doesn't mean they should never be even slightly challenged.

I'm not a Palin fan by any means, but the link above is, like, QFOD-level speculation.

Agreed! That's not to say I think SheWhoIsObeyed came up with the speculation, just a general observation that it sure is an embellishment of one photo! Then again I might be a little bit speculation-sensitive right now what with what's going on over QFOD :lol:

I'm confused about what happened, though. I thought they called off the engagement but not the relationship. But a new article from US says different. Struggs.

She may very well have been justified in the finger wagging. I was merely pointing out that these people have no frigging clue. About anything. They create drama publicly or at least where others can capture it, and then want their "privacy" respected.

Really? What about living your LIVES privately?

The Celebrity Wife Swap with Bristol is a hoot. Bristol and Melissa Rivers swap. It isn't true wife swap, since they are both single. Melissa goes with and Tripp and Willow Palin and Bristol goes with Joan Rivers and Edgar. Joan and Bristol is :lol: without disrespecting anyone.

Yeah they were engaged too quick. I bet some people who bought plane tickets, new outfits and gifts are pissed. I'm sure they thought is going to be the social event of the year.

THANK YOU for telling me about that. Just spent the best wasted hour of my life watching that on YouTube. I found Bristol and Joan came off as amazingly likeable.

The thing I did notice is that neither Bristol or Willow is particularly confident. They aren't like their mother. They can't fake it. They can only pretend for so long. The bond that Joan shared with Bristol was touching, but it was clear that Joan couldn't really get through to her.

Archived