IGNORED

Something Up With the Phillipses?

GenerationCedarchip

I know that apparently some of the Phillips clan was in DC recently (good spot, CND!), but I was wondering if there was something else afoot with them. I don't have any specific info, but someone in my family forwarded me a recent (almost 2 weeks old) prayer loop posting from the old fundie farm. Since it's private email loop, I don't want to reproduce here, but the request has to do with family situations rather than the lawsuit, and it sounds like there is clearly something going on besides the legal issue.

As much as DPIAT creeps me out, I do hope the children(well, young adults, some of them) are okay.

Has anyone heard anything?

Nothing new on Doug's or Beall's FB pages; JTitsup's latest public post is still the annual Titanic "women and chidren first" sob-fest from April 14th. So I have no clue.

I sure hope there is. Doug cant run forever, and I hope his marriage is unhappy and Beall divorces him, and that his children grow up to hate him, and he ends up living in a rat infested apartment in the bad part of town and having to do a really filthy, hard kind of job where he couldn't dress up all fancy and had to actually do things.

Doug and Beall can go fuck themselves, but I wish the kids the best, its not their fault that their father is a rapist and their mother is an enabler.

Tantalizing.

CnD? Yoo-hoo! CnD?

ETA: Oh, I just noticed that CnD already saw and liked the OP, so I guess if he knew anything he would have said something. Ugh... This is gonna drive me crazy.

So in other words, there's nothing concrete, besides the fact that Doug Phillips is a tool?

:music-tool:

Tantalizing.

CnD? Yoo-hoo! CnD?

ETA: Oh, I just noticed that CnD already saw and liked the OP, so I guess if he knew anything he would have said something. Ugh... This is gonna drive me crazy.

Totally driving me crazy, too. Since I'm still on good terms with my family and they introduce me to their friends, I could probably get looped in with people on Facebook who would know the scoop. I don't want to friend anyone under false pretenses, though, so I haven't done it. I have to admit that I'm extremely curious, too, because the vague little request made it clear that this was a situation in addition to the lawsuit.

There's may have been an update, but since I left the old fundie church and now go elsewhere, I don't get the prayer chain regularly. I just have relatives who forward the list every now and then if there are people on there that I'm still in contact with or other stuff they think I'd care about.

Archived