IGNORED

Any Australian FJers? The Maxwells are praying to visit you!

Guest purposing

Guest Anonymous

Was excited to see this in the comments on Mary's 15th B'day post:

Meredith_in_Aus says:

August 22, 2011 at 8:43 am

Happy birthday, Mary! What a lovely place to be celebrating in.

Even though I’ve “known†your family since 1999, I didn’t realise that you are the same age as my eldest daughter. What a lovely surprise.

May you enjoy all of God’s abundant blessings today.

In Him

Meredith in Australia

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BTW, we are praying that the Lord would send us to Australia

Steve

Oooh, they would be prepared to deal with the ebil airport scanners just to visit you! :clap:

Maybe they are planning to retrofit Uriah so they can sail him on the open sea? You know those Maxwells -- they are the engineering type!

Dammit! I asked them to come to the UK but they said it was highly unlikely they would.

What's Australia got that the UK hasn't? *flounce*

I wanna see me some Uriah!

I love how Steve acts like God has to come down and give permission, make the airline arrangements, pack up their suitcases, drive them to the airport, and put them on the plane. I assume God's going to want one big airport martini after all that.

Steve. If you want to go to Australia, please do. But you're going to have to make your own travel arrangements. Expedia has powers that God does not.

Hmmm, maybe we should pray for the Lord to send the Maxwells someplace. Mongolia? Zimbabwe? Antarctica?

Guest Anonymous
Afghanistan.

I have a new cream sofa and am drinking red wine. Please don't make me splutter! :lol:

I wanted them to come to the UK too, but honestly, who would invite them to preach?

The Above Rubies clan have a base in Australia don't they? What other fundies are Down Under?

Hmmm, maybe we should pray for the Lord to send the Maxwells someplace. Mongolia? Zimbabwe? Antarctica?

I'm atheist but I would pray or hope for them to go to Antarctica.

Yeah, I do see any reason to inflict them on the Afghanis, who have their own problems. Antarctica is perfect for them. No worldly entertainment. No television, radio or internet. No neighbors, friends or community. Have to work constantly to survive. And none of us have to deal with them.

Not sure how they'd handle the new scanners. The Ah, the Life girls are very anti-scanner! I guess it's good the Maxwells never read the news....

I think it would be a real cultural shock for the Maxwells to do to another country. Australia wouldn't be as bad as a non-Western country but a different country may still give me some exposure to life outside of Leavensworth, KS.

I have a new cream sofa and am drinking red wine. Please don't make me splutter! :lol:

I wanted them to come to the UK too, but honestly, who would invite them to preach?

The Above Rubies clan have a base in Australia don't they? What other fundies are Down Under?

Gothard is: http://www.iblp.org.au/accommodation/

Just a matter of weeks ago he said in a comment that going to Australia was not cost effective and besides, they can't fly because of the security (someone might touch his junk and he would freak the fuck out).

They are, however, running out of options in the US. This upcoming fall trip is the shortest one yet with the fewest stops. Since they say they do these 'conferences' by invite only, I'm guessing the invites are getting pretty thin these days. To keep the money flowing, they may have to pray god tells them that now is the time to take the show internationally. And, of course it will be god telling them and not them deciding to follow the money.

Yeah, I've noticed that their most recent conference schedule seems a bit light. And they were mentioning that they had a bunch of slots open so people should totally sign up!11!1

Just a matter of weeks ago he said in a comment that going to Australia was not cost effective and besides, they can't fly because of the security (someone might touch his junk and he would freak the fuck out).

I had the exact same question. So what changed between just a couple of weeks ago when Steve made that comment and now?

Hmmmm, although maybe Sarah will meet a Crocodile Dundee type, 'eh?

Yeah, I do see any reason to inflict them on the Afghanis, who have their own problems. Antarctica is perfect for them. No worldly entertainment. No television, radio or internet. No neighbors, friends or community. Have to work constantly to survive. And none of us have to deal with them.

But think of the penguins!

But think of the penguins!

But in Antarctica they will need those special snow suits and although modest,they are PANTS! The M's will have to pass, its more important the girls freeze than wear the evil pants! Not to mention, they would see the scientists that live there working and there may be a WOMAN who works with men! She would even sleep in the same building!! Way too defrauding, what would the M's do? They would need to build seperate igloos,they could not live with those heathen scientists and their wicked mixing of the sexes! :whistle:

How on earth are they going to get Uriah over there? Build a raft and paddle her??? :lol: I only see one commenter from Oz. Who else would come to see them??? Besides, aren't they suppost to go where God want them to go? Asking them to send them is pretty hypicritical...

I agree, there fall trip is pretty slim.

Not long ago, I flew Air France to Tahiti. The liquor was flooowwiinnngggg.. 8-) I can just see Steve on such a flight.

Archived