IGNORED

Houston National Cemetery Staff And Christian Persecution

debrand

I guess this isn't funde but it is religious so I thought this would be the correct section for my post.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... 079035.php

I watch a variety of news channels including Fox News.

There was a episode this morning about a woman who is suing the VA over allegations that they didn't allow her husband's funeral service to mention God. The Houston National Cemetery Staff denies the allegation.

I thought it would be an interesting subject to discuss.

Here is the Fox News video for reference.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/103147032100 ... censorship

Unnecessary warning: FOX is very, very biased and leaves out information so they aren't a reliable source.

One of the most striking allegations contained in the lawsuit was that cemetery officials had ordered National Memorial Ladies to stop telling families "God bless you," and to remove "God bless" from condolence cards.

The VA responds in the document filed Friday that the cemetery had received a complaint about a year ago from a family member who was upset that military funeral honors had included references to Christianity although the family had specifically requested no religious symbol on the deceased veteran's grave marker.

"Subsequently, defendant Ocasio asked the Memorial Ladies to endeavor to respect particular family members religious preferences, and to provide only general condolences without religious reference unless the Memorial Ladies were aware of a family's religious preference and expressions of a specific religious nature would be appropriate," the document reads.

It seems reasonable for the VA to not automatically assume that everyone is Christian. Also, it makes sense that you would have to ask for specifically Christian elements in your funeral.

If families are forbidden to have specific religious prayers that they request than I support the lawsuit. But it sounds like families are required to ask for Christian prayers and services before they are provided. Considering that we aren't a Christian nation, that is fair.

Archived